Hayabusa 2022 Jerking and stalling issue

CharlieBusa

Registered
A detailer company dropped my bike. Impact was huge even it dropped during a park. Had all the damaged left cowling/fairings and magneto cover/gasket replaced to new. Could start the bike and ride normal for almost a month and I notice the bike start to jerk and the feeling like someone was pressing the brake and let it go. That happen once. I did not think of any bad symtoms.

Had issues with my front brake...it's not functioning that you could pull the lever all the way in with zero bite on the brake. Bike serial number was not under recall. I changed it to Brembo brake MC and also change Brembo clutch MC. I had the brake lines front/ rear and clutch lines change too.

This is where problems started.

1) The Brembo Clutch MC was fitted with a micro switch. When you ride on the uneven road the clutch follows the uneven road patterns...it's like you are playing around with the clutch.

2) Had them changed to mechanical switch. When riding over 100km the bike had no issues at all. When I was at traffic light suddenly the bike feels hot. When I accelerate the bike stall. Waited 20 mins to cool it down. Start the bike and move on to about 10km the bike started to bog, stall and the bike feels hot. I removed the mechanical switch and I found out the mechanical switch wiring is not properly done. Just a wire connected to wiring harness and tape it. Cool the bike another 20mins. This time the bike runs good. No jerk, no stalling.

The next day....

3) The bike had no issue to start in the morning. I ride the bike for like 20km. When I accelerate hard above speed of 120kmhr the bike will bog and stall. Again It will stall at traffic light and will feel hot.

The bike fuel pump primes good and relay can be heard clicking.

Went to another mechanic and the finding was the Brembo clutch MC was not properly fitted with proper wirings and there fused were not installed. Change spark plugs and OEM air filter. Engine oil had been changed 1 week before from 10w40 to 10w50. After everything was done the bike runs better this time. Had no stalling issue or bogging. Went to work in the morning feeling happy.

After work, It was late at night. Switch On the bike with no issue...Saw my side-stand a bit dirty. Took a cloth and wipe it. My itchy finger pressed in the side-stand switch. Ride off with no issue for about 10km feeling happy entering the highway....

4) When I start to pull the throttle this time the engine check light, triangle with exclamation mark Fi/Hill appears. The bike sounded different like it was running with 3 cylinders.

5) Went back to the second mechanic. Mechanic and me were puzzled by this and wondering what is happening to this bike. So I guess the mechanic had to clear those engine check light, triangle mark and Fi/hill. According to mechanic no error code appears when they check with their special tool.

6) Went riding the next day. Stop at traffic light the same issue arise. Bogs,stall and overheating. Had to wait 20mins. Ride the bike home and park.

Went to my Facebook photos to see what I had changed to the bike and I found that I had the changed the magneto cover. Open up the Hayabusa Gen 3 repair manual book to check if there is any sensor sitting in the magneto...Yes, I found that there is a Crankshaft sensor inside...this could be the culprit I guess. This must be the one bogs , stall and sputtering the bike and maybe overheat. Another culprit might be camshaft sensor or TPS sensor.

Called my 2nd mechanic and I told him about what happen to the magneto cover that it had been change before and the previous mechanic might not have check the sensors resistance or had been damaged as well. I will be sending my bike over to 2nd mechanic to check on the sensor resistance. This could be an expensive job that will be paid hourly to check for resistance.

Anyone with the same issues?

WIll update again once the bike is done and tested. Thank-you.

20231111_115028.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, all things considered. If the two screws that hold down the crank sensor are properly secured, and the wiring cover is underneath and not pinching wiring then I would like to know if the wiring connector is snapped fully in place to the wiring harness. Look above the stator cover, that big cluster of wiring. There are two sets of wires that come out of the stator cover. The two wire lead, blue and green, is for the crank sensor, the three wire lead 3-yellow, with the rubber grommet is for the charging system.

Checking, the resistance is as easy as undoing the wiring connector and checking for continuity through the sensor.

A tip over should've scuffed the cover, but not broken the cover. The windings and the crank sensor should be in good condition. The throttle position sensor and cam sensor are not suspect. Your mechanic's work is in question though.

Back