2022 Busa Overheating

Hey ORG! Thx for all the advice and info. Got my baby back yesterday. They delivered her to my house. Complete with the rear cowl installed that I had ordered! From the service writer's email "We have come to the conclusion it was a bad connection between the wire harness and the temperature sensor. The needle on the temp gauge now reads as it should, and the fan cycles on and off at normal temperatures. After multiple heat cycles, and test rides, we cannot get your bike to stall or duplicate the issue you were having." In any case, it was returned before the weekend so I'm good for some riding. Thx again team!

Hey ORG! Thx for all the advice and info. Got my baby back yesterday. They delivered her to my house. Complete with the rear cowl installed that I had ordered! From the service writer's email "We have come to the conclusion it was a bad connection between the wire harness and the temperature sensor. The needle on the temp gauge now reads as it should, and the fan cycles on and off at normal temperatures. After multiple heat cycles, and test rides, we cannot get your bike to stall or duplicate the issue you were having." In any case, it was returned before the weekend so I'm good for some riding. Thx again team!
Good luck, hope all stays well.

It sounds a bit inconclusive to me, the wire harness terminates with a connector plug to the ECT sensor. So was the plug not engaged properly? Unlikely, as it clicks in place and should not move. Did they have to actually cut wires and join in the harness? Your ECT should throw a code if the resistance values are out of whack. No report of that either?

Just keep an eye on it, I call BS, but really hope I am wrong.

When it comes to troubleshooting sometimes you discover the connector is just not seated correctly. Coil connections, coolant temp connections, fan connections, etc. Anything in a wiring harness can be suspect.

I've reached to remove a connector, and it slips off. Especially with resistance based connectors and sensors. Mischievous symptoms, sometimes a simple fix.

Good luck, hope all stays well.

It sounds a bit inconclusive to me, the wire harness terminates with a connector plug to the ECT sensor. So was the plug not engaged properly? Unlikely, as it clicks in place and should not move. Did they have to actually cut wires and join in the harness? Your ECT should throw a code if the resistance values are out of whack. No report of that either?

Just keep an eye on it, I call BS, but really hope I am wrong.
Sometime factory harness are ran tighter on certain units which causes the pins to pull out of the plugs, very common and easy fix I come across.

Back