Busa Overheating

RiaanBarnard

Registered
Good day all.
I hope someone here will be able to help.
I own a 2006 Busa and it just started overheating! I've changed the thermostat & radiator fan sensor and she's fine when cruising around, but as soon as I wack her through the gears she starts blowing coolant out the overflow. I've got this idea that it could be the head gasket leaking from the cylinder into a water port as there is no water in the oil. The squish has been done and ported head with adjustable cam pulleys. This was all done about 3 years ago. I've done a compression test and the results are as follows No. 1 - 11.8psi, No. 2 - 11.7psi, No.3 - 11.2psi & No. 4 - 11.8psi. Could it be that she's leaking at No. 3, seeing that the reading is considerably lower than the others I can also tell you the she got so hot the one time that the warning light on the heat gauge lit up and I shut her down immediately.

Could be, I went ....... there once on my stock '06 with a passenger for a mile or so and she puked a little green stuff afterwards. Never did it again.

Thanks guys! I've ordered a new thermostat and radiator cap. I'll change them out and bleed all the air out and see what she does. I'll keep you all posted.

A little feed back!! I've changed the thermostat, radiator cap and burped the heck out of it!! She's all good now!! the heat gauge don't even reach the half way mark under normal driving conditions!!! Thanks for the help guys!!! Now I can breath easy again!!

Back