Overheating or Paranoid?

SnapAttack

Donating Member
Registered
Just finished installing my full exhaust and Muzzy fan. Started the bike and idled to operating temp to bump the idle a bit as she was reading low. Gauge got to half way and I heard fan kick on... sweet... time for a ride around the block. No sooner than I get out the temp jumps up to red area... I'm about to pull the clutch and shut her down when all of a sudden she drop to the halfway mark. I got her back home and hadn't touched her.

I've read some threads on oiverheating and "air" in the cooling system was the cause. Hmmm... when I installed my headers, I removed the temp sensor unit on the left side of the radiator. I lost fluid but no big deal (right?).

Does it sound like I have air as well? Just looking for some easy things to try just to be sure for when I crank her over.Thanks.

Might have a little air, should burp itself! Check level in overflow bottle on left side of bike!

Overflow can is within specs... all oil lines are ouside 1/8" of headers... she did not do it right away... she idled at half for 3-5 minutes as I adjusted the idle screw watched my neighbor wash the car
bowdown.gif
and was fine... only noticed it when I took off and only lasted for a minute or so...

Check next time you ride if it don't happen again you should be good to go!

(05BusaLe @ Jun. 24 2007,21:46) Check next time you ride if it don't happen again you should be good to go!
Yeah, I know BUT... what caused her to do it the first time? If it's intermittant and she works fine the next time a check around the neighborhood but not a couple hundred miles away from home... I'm gonna "burp" her tomorrow but didn't know if there was anything else as a PM (preventive maintenance). Thanks for the input.

Back