Have you ever wheelied...?

Have you ever wheelied on your Hayabusa?

• Yes, power wheelie(s) by accident.

Votes: 196 30.2%
  • Yes, clutch wheelie(s) by accident.

Votes: 46 7.1%
  • Yes, power wheelies. (On purpose)

Votes: 302 46.5%
  • Yes, clutch wheelies. (On purpose)

Votes: 104 16.0%
  • No, never. (I don't care about that sort of thing.)

Votes: 52 8.0%
  • No, never. (But wouldn't mind eventually learning either technique.)

Votes: 66 10.2%
  • Only baby ones through excessive throttle.

Votes: 85 13.1%
  • I stunt on my Hayabusa. (I also have a toilet made of gold. I'm so rich.)

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • Yes, it/they didn't/don't end well. (Wrecked/Rashed)

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • No. My bike doesn't respond well to 'YUT UNNNGGGH!'

Votes: 15 2.3%

• Total voters
some should some shouldnt , what i mean people u should know where and when it is safe to do so. Not on a Hiway in traffic etc lol.

Did a lot of wheelies and such in my younger days. Now whenever I get to feeling and doing silly stuff the thought that goes thru my mind is I want to see my grandkids. Guess I am getting old!:laugh:

1st gear power wheelie's...yes. It feels like it is controllable...altho "control" is the illusion that let's our brains get our bodies out of bed and out of the house each day. I like to make sure the speed is not out of hand when on one tire. Death wobbles do not look like much fun at all...

I bought a beat up quad to wheelie on takes the abuse better than my busa would i imagine. I'll pop the front up on the busa a little bit but nothing impressive.

my little power wheelie..

Now i have a 43T sprocket and it comes up hard every time i get on it.

3466813673_2e3ff25df5_o.jpg

Last edited:
Have no pick of the successful ones:poke: but it seems to be pretty easy to get a pick of my one fail wheelie. Line launch gone awfully wrong. I am little wiser for it though:laugh: Witness got unexpected treat cause they never knew bikes could do complete forward somersaults 3 to be exact was what I was told. Just starting to get close to full use of the fingers 8 months later:cheerleader:

mybusa3.jpg

mybusa7.jpg

I did once about two weeks after I got my 08. I was showing out and I hit the throttle hard. It scared the chit out of me. I came close to hit a park car on the side. I said that I was going to learn how to do wheelies that's until I layed my bike down and it cost me $1000 to replace everything. I'll leave it to the pro's

Standing start (clutch and power) sure looks stupid until you get your feet back on the pegs!

Img_0131_doyle.jpg

the busa will wheelie? I did not know that. I have heard they are heavy and will not go around corners. :whistle:

Have no pick of the successful ones:poke: but it seems to be pretty easy to get a pick of my one fail wheelie. Line launch gone awfully wrong. I am little wiser for it though:laugh: Witness got unexpected treat cause they never knew bikes could do complete forward somersaults 3 to be exact was what I was told. Just starting to get close to full use of the fingers 8 months later:cheerleader:

This is what I think of when I think of wheelies. Never done any but I do have a 400 ex for doing stuff like that, but still hardly do any. I do like watching people do them just not for me.:thumbsup:

I have seen so many thing that I don't care to do wheelies and I don't want to learn how to do it. plus if the get yoooooo cut here in florida doing one they cost to much to pop up one. I good w/ the two wheels on the groung.

i tried my damndest but i still cannot figure out what you are trying to say???

i tried my damndest but i still cannot figure out what you are trying to say???

LOL, my thought exactly. But I drank a couple shots of Jack and think I got it figured out...
My take is:
Seen them done all the time and don't care to do them or to learn how.
If you get caught doing a wheelie here in Florida, the price of the ticket is too much.
And he would rather keep two wheels on the ground.

Pig Laten?...:rofl:

Last edited:
Me and a buddy were hitting road on a good straight road. I rolled on the

throttle nice and smooth and held it until my shift light started blinking(8000).

I started to shift and noticed my buddy keeping up pretty good in my mirror

so I cracked the throttle open a little more and pulled a good smooth

wheelie. It was fun and my buddy really enjoyed it.:thumbsup:

Nope.

Seen one too many sport bike riders end up without bikes for the rest of the season(s). That and all the headaches associated with "damn, did it a millions times so why now?" cured me early on of wanting to do something that a Hayabusa/sport bike really wasn't designed nor built for.

Now dirt bikes man, I was the reincarnation of Doug Domokos! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Nope.

Seen one too many sport bike riders end up without bikes for the rest of the season(s). That and all the headaches associated with "damn, did it a millions times so why now?" cured me early on of wanting to do something that a Hayabusa/sport bike really wasn't designed nor built for.

Now dirt bikes man, I was the reincarnation of Doug Domokos! :thumbsup:

Unfortunately he died!

All of mine were power wheelies and only 2 or 3 were on purpose.

The scariest one by far though:

Waiting to turn right into fast moving traffic when I was a new rider, and saw a gap between cars that I thought I could make. I began to move and when I looked at the gap again the cars were much closer together than I had thought, so I pulled the throttle to make sure I wouldn't get hit and ended up flying into traffic on the back wheel.:shocked: Probably the closest to a crash I ever had.

I did learn a good bit about the bike that day though and it never happened again.:thumbsup:

Back