Harley Junk

stkr00
Slower Traffic Keep Right ! ! !

cool.gif
YOU ARE THE SLOWER TRAFFIC !!!

1998 GSXR-600 Track Only Bike
2003 Hayabusa, Silver/Grey (Sold 8-6-05)
2000 H-D Electra Glide Classic, Blue/Silver, My "Road Sofa"

biggrin.gif
Did you sell it (8-6-05) because it scared the hell out ya or because all the smoke from the H-D kept foggin up the paint on the Busa. Good luck with your old sofa.
I sold the Busa in order to get a TRACK ONLY bike and start road racing. As opposed to pushing the Busa any harder on the STREET where I could either go to jail or the hospital. Also, having a used track bike is less of an investment to risk if you crash at the track.

No...the Busa did not scare me, but I did respect it.

Good luck with finding a Busa. Have fun and be safe.

This is WAY more fun than the street.

This will give you an idea of how "scared" I was
laugh.gif

Road_America_5_30_05_017sm.jpg

This is my track bike. Looks like hell, but it runs good, and handles well. I'm in the middle of sanding it for a repaint.

BHF_092405_005_copy.jpg

I've never owned a hardley either. Road one once for a short distance and was not impressed.

I really do not care whether hardleys are any good or not. I do not care how much they cost.

Its the attitude of many of the riders I do not like. And I do not like the open exhaust.

I find myself tightening up anytime I come near a hardley or group of them. It is common knowledge that most harldley owners dislike "japcrap". Though I do not get any derogative remarks, I often get completely ignored or snubbed. I hate being on the defensive. I'm always thinking; "ok, will I have to start swinging this time around" ... lol.

Nice track bike STKR00 !!
Makes good sense too !!
I still say you made a mistake keepin a hog and getting rid of the Busa.
cool.gif

never rode a harley i liked... course I never rode any cruiser I liked..

so it's like 0-20 for me as far as cruisers go..

stkr is only slow when he wants ta be I'd reckon.. haha

Harleys suck,,,when they get together it sounds like a tractor pull. Clunky, old, smelly,slow...yuk!!
That junk just gets in the way. They should be outlawed...get em' off the road or make em' wear those orange triangles they put on the Amish buggys.
When I hit 185 on my Busa I don't want that trash out in front of me!!
I get so sick of this gradeschool mentality.

If you don't like another brand....fine.  Just remember, it is still a 2-wheeled machine.  It is still a motorcycle.  They are motorcycle owners.

Harleys aren't made to be fast.  Speed isn't everyones thing.
Why are some individuals so fvcking near sighted that they can't see that?

SOME HD owners do have a dislike for "riceburners".  In this day and age, they are the minority.

The Motor Company does more to perpetuate a POSITIVE image to our sport than any other brand.  Our local HOG group does more charity rides and does more to support our community than all the sportbike groups put together.

All you do by bashing another group of riders is perpetuate the "bad blood" between cruisers and sportbikers.

Kawih2 and ramminbusa....pull your heads out of your azz.

never rode a harley i liked... course I never rode any cruiser I liked..

so it's like 0-20 for me as far as cruisers go..

stkr is only slow when he wants ta be I'd reckon.. haha
I held out on cruisers until I could get the ultimate. My Rune is fantastic, you should look into one.
I couldn't justify spending all of that cash on a Harley.
They look cool and have a very loyal following but I just didn't want to say "yeah, me too". The engineering is something I cannot condone.
The only HD product I considered at one time was the new school Porsche/V-Rod. Then the world stopped when they showcased the Rune with all it's glory 1832CCs in a modern balanced flat six. That is one cruiser that I could definitely live with.

Two different bikes for two different purposes:

Harley=good starter bike, doesn't go too fast, makes lots of noise and generally a real crowd pleaser.

Busa=Test your limits; lot's of power, pretty good in the twisties; not a beginner's machine; 20th century engineering.

You see, both have their place
poke.gif

Two different bikes for two different purposes:

Harley=good starter bike, doesn't go too fast, makes lots of noise and generally a real crowd pleaser.

Busa=Test your limits; lot's of power, pretty good in the twisties; not a beginner's machine; 20th century engineering.

You see, both have their place  
poke.gif
LOL

projekt---A Rune
smile.gif
How is that bike to steer?  The front end looks so long that I thought it would be tough to move around. I was just looking at one this afternoon. Not many around.  Did you get a decent deal on it?
What color---the purple one I saw at a show was pretty nice.

<!--EDIT|BAMBOOBUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1128212195 -->

Never did see a Suzuki t-shirt on somebody that didn't own one. The Harley is made to cruise. The busa is made to cruise fast. They are night and day. The V-twin harley is a great machine. My neighbor has over 100,000 on a nighttrain. The busa is a fantastic machine. Not perfect at 4500-5000 which of course is where you are on the highway (it buzzes). The shifting is not great either. (Not that the Harley doesn't clunk like a mother). Own a Harley ride it for a while and get back to me.
Flame on.

For KawaH2 and the others like him, Comparing a Harley and a Busa is just plain Stupid!  Different bikes for different Folks and reasons.  I own both Harley and the Busa and I enjoy both.  KawaH2 sounds like every squid I have ever heard, and like most squids, it's likely he'll get scraped off the pavement in due time, (although I hope I am wrong!) With a whole 15 posts, he starts running his big mouth. As usual, more mouth than brains or riding skills.  Hey, Kawa H2, tell ya what, lets ride 1000 miles in 24 hours (Iron Butt) you on the Busa, me on my Harley.  Bet ya can't or won't do it! (I have, and on the Harley!)  I really don't care what you ride, as long as you ride (safely). Remember, it is better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!  

Hey, love to stir it up a little. Besides, my Harley lovin' buddies keep tryin' to git me on a hog. I just can't see what they get out of THAT bike !! Way too slow, noisy etc, etc.
And yes, I am on a quest for a Busa. Think I may have one in the gun sights,,,just have to figure the right price and go.
Besides,,,if you don't stir em' up you don't get them to tell ya' how they REALLY feel.
Troll wannabe. Maybe you should hang out at a sight and get to know something about the people there before insulting the members and trying to pi$$ people off. I hope you change your mind about buying a Busa and just go away.

1000 miles in 24 hours (iron butt), what took you so long? I did 984 in 13 hours just to get to point B, not to see how long I could set on the bike. sittin on a hardley for 24 hours would put me to sleep. although i did pedal a bicycle 384 miles in 24 hours, hows that for an iron butt? Oh wait a minute now i get it, the challenge for the hardley is to even go 1000 miles period.:laugh:

Here's how to break it off in a Hardly Ableson owner(s). When they start that crap about American made. Just walk over to their outdated, slow, uncomfortable, unreliable, no handling, shaking, over priced poser bike and point out all the parts that are made oversea's. And most of the oversea's parts are Japanese. About the only thing on a Hardly that is still American made is the engine and frame. And they are dangerously unreliable. The rest of the bike is foreign made. Such as the brakes, tires, electronics and so on. My Goldwing is at least as American made if not more, and it is built (assembled) here in the USA with about as many American made parts as a Hardly Ableson. I really have nothing against H.D. but I do think they are way overpriced. And the quality sux. But you do buy into a lifestyle. However, my Hooter is already larger than most, so I don't need a loud, cool poser bike to make me feel like my weiner is at least the size of a
8 year old boy. Poser's, one and all is part of the H.D. life. My personel favorite saying is that they are all LAME riders. LAME meaning Look At ME. And what is really funny is when you pass a Hardly on the highway and they try to pass you back. I just stay even with them until they run out of throttle, usually at about 90 or so, wave bye bye, and then twist it up. It looks like they went into reverse. I know a bunch of H.D. owners who must be closet fags. Or at least they act like it because they are trying to hard to be macho.

poke.gif

I always wanted to have at least one Harley Davidson before they threw sod over my dead body. I bought a 2005 FXDXi Super Glide Sport in March and sold it as fast as I could--- four months later! It had a Screaming Eagle (more like puking buzzard) Stage II performance engine kit and a six speed transmission. Anyway, I learned my lesson about buying American made antiques; I wil just keep my Busa and ST-1300 Honda

Back