First Blood

tinmann840

Registered
It's On Now!! I've been working out of the Iron workers Local here and a co-worker asked me why I didn't ride my bike up to the hall anymore. Before Xmas I was trying to get on their apprentice program but there wasn't a lot of work and at a union hall seniority always gets the first jobs. That was before I crashed. Anyway I tell him I crashed my bike and was just fairings away from being back to 100%. Wouldn't you know the next friggin day every member with a bike shows up with their bike ( All Harleys ) or with Harley Davidson paraphernalia. They even had members I had never seen before wearing Outlaw colors. WTF ? When I was coming up the Fla. Chapter of the Outlaw's was over on BLVD & Columbus Dr. not too far from where I lived. I guess I look like a coward. I guess I was supposed to be impressed. I'm neither a coward or impressed by those over priced non preforming pieces of crap. Thanks I had to get that off my chest.

Eh, you probably just reminded them that THEY need to be riding too!

When you're ready, tell them you're going to be bringing in the Busa the next day. Then do it an see what happens!

--Wag--

Tell them that 95% of Harleys are still on the road today, the other 5% can actually make it home.
lurk.gif

I usually try to ignore
sadnews.gif
the Harley riders when they start thumping their chests that they ride the best motorcycle around. They've been brainwashed by all the marketing  etc. etc. All I really care is that we all ride whatever we want and that we respect each other. The more riders that are out there the better. Especially when the gouvernment wants to put unfair legislation in place. You all know the old saying :
umnik.gif
United we stand .. divided we fall.

I guess it must be geography... I almost always have 1 or 2 HD riders come up to me when I am out riding... without fail, they are courteous and just more curious about the bike.. I mean they always want to tell about their own bike (who wouldnt) but "rep" of the Busa seems to bridge some gap between foreign and domestic bikes
smile.gif

I guess it must be geography...  I almost always have 1 or 2 HD riders come up to me when I am out riding... without fail, they are courteous and just more curious about the bike..  I mean they always want to tell about their own bike (who wouldnt) but "rep" of the Busa seems to bridge some gap between foreign and domestic bikes
smile.gif
You got that right! They always come over and talk about the bike. They know what it is and what it can do! I've let a few cool dudes sit on it to see it's not as uncomfortable as they imagine, especially with risers and buell pegs. They were actually surprised! I think they are all closet Busa lovers!!!

Up North, I have been greated by alot of cool Harley riders that atleast say "Nice bike","Thats the only Jap bike I would ever own", Nice (insert cuss words), those things are fast as He$$". I have had a couple try to race me, but normally pretty nice. I have noticed in Florida there are ALOT OF BUSAS!!! I saw a ton of them out yesterday. I stopped for lunch on the Busa yesterday and PUlled in next to three customs and they waived as I left.

Back