Harley Junk

Love Harley's .

Just a different style not meant to be fast in any way
which is why I also have the Suzuki Hayabusa .

Harley's problem . . .

Like many companies
is trying to save money .

Quality has gone down
through this endeavor
and attitudes must shift .

The second you start believing
your own hype your product,
brand and image all suffer .

Last edited:
I got a 26 year old cousin that just got a 1200 sportster... kid weighs about 140 lbs.... first bike... rides it in sandals and a t-shirt... PLUS the beanie helmet.... its soooo hard for me to be nice.

Since he's family set his ass straight.
If that were my family I'd punch his ass first and explain second.

You can tell the difference in person.....

Indians paint/ fit & finish still isn’t on par with H-D

I have yet to see the Indian...from the pictures, they look very similar in design and shape.
I believe H-D works hard on delivering good fit and finish, their owners are very picky.

You can tell the difference in person.....

Indians paint/ fit & finish still isn’t on par with H-D

The big
716A8EB7-EEFF-4939-B2B0-CDD7D0B4C2CD.jpeg

Indian motors though are a piece of art.

I think with HD... there is a century of history there... and deep deep deep nostalgia.... the question is where is the expiration date? No American wants to see an American company fail... I think many are frustrated with HDs failure to duplicate the performance of Japanese brands... or even make it competitive.... America invented the muscle car.... where have all the cowboys gone?

I think with HD... there is a century of history there... and deep deep deep nostalgia.... the question is where is the expiration date? No American wants to see an American company fail... I think many are frustrated with HDs failure to duplicate the performance of Japanese brands... or even make it competitive.... America invented the muscle car.... where have all the cowboys gone?

I agree, H-D definitely has a very loyal fan base and even though their product does not duplicate the performance of their competition, it doesn't shake their customers desire to own the products they make.

H-D is a world leader in marketing their product and accessories and in my opinion will not be going anywhere anytime soon.

Polaris has the Indian name, but time will tell how their product stands up. Victory was not strong enough to be competitive for H-D so we will see.

H-D definitely has a very loyal fan base and even though their product does not duplicate the performance of their competition, it doesn't shake their customers desire to own the products they make.

H-D is a world leader in marketing their product and accessories and in my opinion will not be going anywhere anytime soon.

Polaris has the Indian name, but time will tell how their product stands up. Victory was not strong enough to be competitive for H-D so we will see.
thing is... if ya don't change with the times... the times will change you... Old school is nice.... but adapting to the times is necessary.

thing is... if ya don't change with the times... the times will change you... Old school is nice.... but adapting to the times is necessary.

I hear you
I think H-D has the capability to be very modern but chose not to be. I recall when they made the Evo engine, many customers complained it was too smooth, then they made a 6 speed tranny and they complained about that. Every time H-D innovates too much, their customers complain.

For some strange reason old school works for them and change is bad...any other bike company would have failed by now.

I hear you
I think H-D has the capability to be very modern but chose not to be. I recall when they made the Evo engine, many customers complained it was too smooth, then they made a 6 speed tranny and they complained about that. Every time H-D innovates too much, their customers complain.

For some strange reason old school works for them and change is bad...any other bike company would have failed by now.
right.. but what happens when these non-cell phone toting clientele start to age and not be able to ride? do any of the millennials have an appreciation for old-school? my experience is an emphatic NO... even the millennials who go against the grain don't know jack about history.... there isn't an appreciation...

right.. but what happens when these non-cell phone toting clientele start to age and not be able to ride? do any of the millennials have an appreciation for old-school? my experience is an emphatic NO... even the millennials who go against the grain don't know jack about history.... there isn't an appreciation...
You got me there and I agree 100%

You got me there and I agree 100%

Ali is on a roll tonight.
Polite, professional, knowledgeable, quality discussion, and making great points.
Wtf?
Who is this?
Is this his girlfriend??
It is, isn't it?!
You better cuss somebody in your next post, cause he's gonna be mad when he reads all this friendly, down to earth stuff you just typed.

What more technology are they lacking. Have friend with a 17 super ultra. Thought the technology was par. Keyless ignition with a key fob, big display, and I guess it come stock not leaking oil.

Ali is on a roll tonight.
Polite, professional, knowledgeable, quality discussion, and making great points.
Wtf?
Who is this?
Is this his girlfriend??
It is, isn't it?!
You better cuss somebody in your next post, cause he's gonna be mad when he reads all this friendly, down to earth stuff you just typed.
He is now not operating with pent up aggression , not suffering from the medical term 'MSB' that often affects single blokes , all thanks to his rekindled relationship . What is MSB you ask ... massive sperm buildup of course !!! Now he's got ' luv nuts ' , he has become happy and reasonable to some degree :thumbsup: . We got Ali's missus to thank for that positive outcome !!!:)

What more technology are they lacking. Have friend with a 17 super ultra. Thought the technology was par. Keyless ignition with a key fob, big display, and I guess it come stock not leaking oil.
He is now not operating with pent up aggression , not suffering from the medical term 'MSB' that often affects single blokes , all thanks to his rekindled relationship . What is MSB you ask ... massive sperm buildup of course !!! Now he's got ' luv nuts ' , he has become happy and reasonable to some degree :thumbsup: . We got Ali's missus to thank for that positive outcome !!!:)
plus im on vacation... I get 2 weeks vacation every 3 months or so.

Back