Happy new Busa owner.

Kaptain Kanji

Registered
Greetings from NW Ohio.
Yes, I'm an old geezer (65) and I just picked up my first "Rocket" bike a few weeks ago. (I've been riding for 43 years).
I have a Harley Street Bob that I haven't ridden since then. :laugh:
My Busa is an 06, with 12K miles on her. I drove 130 miles up into Michigan to pick her up in my pickup.
She's had the hell beat out of her, but the motor runs like a dream. The previous
owner even had the frame sliders worn down to a nub.!! ???
At this point in time, I've pretty much finished restoring it to factory stock, except for
the holes in the side cowlings. I've replaced the front forks, tail cowling, right footpeg,
clutch and brake lever, left turn signal and put factory stock mufflers back on it.
I've never much been enamored with Rocket bikes, but about a year ago I noticed the
Hayabusa and fell in love with it. Being on social security, I've been looking for a bargain
Busa for a year now and finally found one. ($4K) The first time I rode her I was SCARED.!!
It took a couple rides to get used to the awesome amount of power this bike has.
My wife offered to trade me her 02 Harley Deuce for it and I told her NO WAY.!!
There's not a Harley made that I'd take in trade for this baby.!!
Anyway, I'm being very careful and enjoying my Busa riding and also having some
fun tinkering with my "project bike". I've obtained a lot of good repair info from
Hayabusa.org, so many thanks to them.!!
Ride safe.
C.

Hayabusa.jpg

:welcome: to the board...you are going to find there are quite a few members around here that are your age and older and that quite a few of us came from choppers, cruisers, etc. and are now having the best times of our lives...have fun, be safe, and keep the rubber side down :beerchug:

Welcome to the board! I like the blue hump(if that's blue) instead of the silver...lookin' good.

Dan

Thanks everyone. Yes that's a blue hump. Guess ya gotta take what come with the package. :laugh:
I saved the plastic from the replaced tail section and I'm using it to fill in the holes where the frame sliders were.
I got the left one done, I'll do the right side during the next oil change.
I had one black and one chrome mid pipe, so I painted the chrome one black. I think it give the mufflers
better contrast IMHO.

Last edited:
Hey and:welcome: I have the same bike and lovin every ride but Im just a kid only 62:cheerleader::cheerleader: everybody doesn't know this but it is the fasest color but keep it quiet:whistle:

:welcome:

Looks good

And as you have already figured out, ( It aint no Harley ) So be carefull with all that power :beerchug:

:welcome: to the .oRg!
Very admirable that you'd take in an ol' beaten and abused Busa and give her some much needed TLC. :beerchug:

Back