New '05 busa owner

turin

Registered
Hello all. I am picking up a black/silver busa ths monday. This will be my first japanese motorcycle. I've been riding Moto Guzzis for 20 years and Back in march I sold my '96 triumph daytona 1200. The busa will be a great replacement for the trumpy. The good and bad of the busa...she's got 700 miles on here and has been sitting in an arizona garage for 3 years untouched. Other draining the old fuel, and getting some new tires, (possibly a battery) what other precautions would you suggest for getting her back on the road? I'd rather not screw her up. Thanks!

Welcome to the oRg! While you are working on her, lube the chain and replace the brake fluid. You got the best year they made. :welcome:

hopefully the gas did not gum up inside the tank/lines (not to mention rust). not sure if gaskets will be dried/brittle (maybe tires too?) fork seals? welcome and best of luck

:welcome: to the board and congrats on getting one of the bikes from the best year :thumbsup:

Don't know about the best year part, but congrats anyway! :laugh: Think the list of things to check has been covered and welcome to the board.

Linked the pics over for ya. :thumbsup: Nice stable of bikes.
:welcome: to the .oRg!

Definitely inspect the tank for rust and flush/clean the fuel system.

DSC00011.jpg
DSC00015.jpg

DSC00014.jpg
DSC00016.jpg

DSC00010.jpg
DSC00008.jpg

Thanks for the link over! I did flush the gas tank, and put in fresh fuel with a healthy heaping of sea foam. I let that sit over night and repeated. No rusty looking stuff in the gas tank. The old gas will ignite (did a little back yard test :laugh: The filter looks like new, all hoses are nice and supple, changed the oil etc. She really is like new. Friday I took her out. Holy $#!* . I had no Idea how spooky fast these thiings were. I'm no stranger to fast bikes. I've ridden Duc 888s' 999s'. I owned a Triumph 1200 Daytona, which in it's day was right up there with the ZX-11 and GSXR1100. This thing is in a different league. Right now she has 1,070 miles. Now how long until she is really broken in ? The guys on the Moto Guzzi forum got a big kick out of my review of this monster. Thanks for the warm welcome and this sight is a great wealth of information.

Back