New Busa Owner

I live in Madison.

Straight north of you from Dubuque through La Crosse is some great riding for the area.

smile.gif

Welcome to the sickness!!!
post-52-02136-welcome.gif
You done right with the black. ITs the fastest. Its even faster with real flame paint.
super.gif
Done any mods yet? I can send you a recommended list if you like.

(BIGSMOOTHH @ Aug. 12 2007,00:39) Welcome to the sickness!!!
post-52-02136-welcome.gif
You done right with the black. ITs the fastest. Its even faster with real flame paint.
super.gif
Done any mods yet? I can send you a recommended list if you like.
I'm trying really hard not to mod it too much but it's really hard not to.
smile.gif

So far, I've been getting it running the way it should and it's turning out great, I love the bike more each time I ride it!

1. PCIII either had a moron tune it or the map got corrupt. It was definitely not right and I threw in a map from their website that was close.
2. Did the marble mod since it still had the pair valve and yoshi full exhaust.
3. Dyno'ed the bike to check the a/f ratio and it's really close. I found out who originally tuned the bike...
4. Dropped the front sprocket down 1 to 16T.
5. Added quick release screws to the hump for more storage.
6. Changed the oil to synthetic (ok, not really a mod)
7. Added black Throttlemeisters. And I like them more than I thought I would.
8. Performed a compression and leak-down check to see how healthy the engine is. Changed plugs.
9. Cleaned throttlebody - what a difference!
10. Replaced the cush drive inserts - huge difference!

Todo List:
1. Front springs are undersprung and/or shot. I'll replace them but not sure which to go with yet. Been looking Race Tech springs and maybe revalving.
2. Brakes kinda stink - just bought EBC HH pads but haven't put them on yet. Probably put on stainless lines, too.
3. Not sure about Double Bubble yet. Maybe I'll get one.
4. Remove the pair valve. That's a winter job.
5. HID's, low beams are kind of weak.
6. Soupy's raising links - maybe to help cornering but I can't complain now. We'll see how I feel when I get back from the track on Friday.
7. Wire-in satellite radio hookup.
8. Wire-in electric vest hookup.
9. Maybe try out 42T rear for giggles.
10. Dyno tune.
11. The gauge face plate is damaged from previous owner and I need to replace it. I'd love to know where to get a decent deal on a used one.

That's about it ... yikes, it's longer than I thought!

biggrin.gif

Back