New Busa Owner

srstein

Registered
I've owned and rode a Harley for quite a few years. My wife and I toured across the country for a short time on a Fatboy and now the Road Glide. Harley's make very comfortable highway cruisers, although the performance and handling leaves much to be desired. I've wanted to get a sportier ride for quite a while but could never justify it.

Well, this April I wanted to check out the new ZX-14 as that was my "dream" machine ever since it beat the 'busa in the rags. I headed out to our local dealership because they had a 14 in my favorite color - black. It was nice, sounded ok but didn't quite do it for me with the brand-new price tag and style. After all, I already have a Harley. Then the salesman showed me a black and gray '03 busa and I haven't felt that way about a bike since I got my first Harley. It was beautiful!

It only took me a day to justify it and a couple days later I had a new 'busa in the stable! Although, the wife is still a little jealous because I ride her more than the Harley - she doesn't like me with "Suzi" because she's one of those crazy fast girls.

She's a little dirty, but here's a photo...

busa1.jpg

Here's a picture of the Road Toad when my wife and I rode through Colorado, Utah and Arizona last year.

glide1.jpg

Sweet man, looing good! Welcome to the board of course. You'll learn alot and meet alot of awesome people on here.
beerchug.gif

post-52-02136-welcome.gif
to the Org. , Ya made the right choice
jump9.gif

And it's OK you have a Harley, we need a couple of Harley Guys just to keep us Fair and Balanced  
laugh.gif

super.gif

Once the Busa gets ahold of ya, it won't let go~~~just embrace her and ride her hard!!!!
super.gif

100_4463copy.jpg

super.gif

yep your gonna love it heck, sounds like ya already do and welcome
beerchug.gif

(DaCol. @ Aug. 08 2007,17:53)
to the Org. , Ya made the right choice
jump9.gif

And it's OK you have a Harley, we need a couple of Harley Guys just to keep us Fair and Balanced  
laugh.gif
i resemble THAT.

Hey, great looking bike, pretty fast colors! Welcome to the madness!
beerchug.gif

Thanks everyone! I've been lurking around getting the bike running the way it should be running since I got it. It's amazing how much I've learned from everyone here starting from ground zero with a new style of bike.

I'll have to say that a Hayabusa is everything and nothing I ever expected. Just saying the name brings images of an insanely wicked motorcycle, but since I've owned it the bike has been extremely streetable, not a death machine and an absolute joy to ride contrary to what many people may think or say about the bike.

My bike had roughly 22,000 miles on it when I got it so it wasn't in tip-top shape although the previous owner took pretty good care of it. Using much of the knowledge on this site I've been able to tune up the bike and start customizing it to meet my needs. One thing I love about the busa is the availability of aftermarket goodies and a community of great people like on this site!
beerchug.gif

welcome, I bought my busa and offed my harley 6 months later, Thought Id never get rid of it but I didnt want to ride it when I could ride the busa.It was the fun bike or the tractor.
To each their own though.

lol ... that's the same thing I say when I walk into the garage. After riding the busa the other bike rides like a dump truck.

The Harley has been wonderful to my wife and I for long distance touring and probably will for some time. If it's just me riding though, there's no question on which one I'll take.

I've been watching a thread on making the busa a sport touring bike and we'll see how that works out. I can think of many roads I've been on wishing I had a better handling machine ... and now I have the chance!

Back