Happy New Busa Owner

Fulcrum

Registered
Just picked up my new 06 last Thursday and finally got hold of a digital camera. While I've been riding for years, this is only my second sport tourer type bike (previous bike was a VFR 800). I cannot believe how awesome this bike is! You Busa owners have been keeping one heck of a secret!

The reflectors and stickers WILL come off as soon as I get my title and complete the safety inspection to get the bike registered on the military base where I work. If any of you have the time, can you explain the mods for the fuel system hoses, PAIR valve, kickstand notching, and quarter turn screws in the hump that I've heard about. Also, I ordered a maintenance stand and spools so I wouldn't have to mess with removing the lower fairing for a center stand. Can one person put the bike on the stand? How much trouble is it?

06 Red & Black w/ Sargent METRO/Superbag tank bag

Double bubble windshield, tank protector, maintenance stand and spools, Taiddan Garage Door Opener, Speedometerhealer all on the way....

B2.jpg

Welcome Aboard!
Beutiful Bike......Congrads!
And yes you figured out our secret......Now you have to take the Busa Oath!
P.S. by the way you did not pick the fastest color........but it's OK
tounge.gif

Welcome Aboard!
Beutiful Bike......Congrads!
And yes you figured out our secret......Now you have to take the Busa Oath!
P.S. by the way you did not pick the fastest color........but it's OK
tounge.gif
It may not be the fastest color, but I saved a bunch by picking a color that matched my riding leathers and helmet! Besides, it will take a while for my skills to improve to the point where that matters. I've been riding for years, taken the basic and experienced rider MSF courses several times and I barely feel qualified to take this bike out on the road safely, much less push it. And I haven't had it over 5500 RPM yet (still haven't gotten to the 600 mile service yet (probably this coming Thursday - not bad for a work week with a working weekend in it).

Welcome to the maddness....
beerchug.gif

what u r ditching the reflectors... shid man they add atleat 3hp for just being on...
tounge.gif
  j/k  hey I did say "maddness"
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|04busaVA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130893198 -->

Congrats and welcome to the board! You will find lots of information with this group of folks. Let the mods begin.

Welcome

Look at my Hump/Handrail. If you are on an Air base, go by the Sheet Metal shop and ask for 4 #7 wing camloks, they will have 2 types, you want the smaller, get the camloks, star washers, and receptacles. I hope you have a small rivet gun as well. Once you get that stuff the storage mod takes about 15 minute. The guys in the Sheet Metal shop will probabally do it for you or let you use the drill moter, small step dril, and rivet gun.

They will also have the tools to do the Hump/Handrail mod I have listed.

Welcome

Look at my Hump/Handrail. If you are on an Air base, go by the Sheet Metal shop and ask for 4 #7 wing camloks, they will have 2 types, you want the smaller, get the camloks, star washers, and receptacles. I hope you have a small rivet gun as well. Once you get that stuff the storage mod takes about 15 minute. The guys in the Sheet Metal shop will probabally do it for you or let you use the drill moter, small step dril, and rivet gun.

They will also have the tools to do the Hump/Handrail mod I have listed.
Not on an airbase - I'm a squid, not a zoomie! (Although I have done time on AF installations out west. Nice pics BTW). Besides I've got the tools and a reasonable amount of skill, just not a lot of creativity or inspiration. I needed something to copy, er, ahh, get me started. Your mods are great! I will be working on something similar next weekend. I just completed the kickstand mod that id_gunnut posted about, along with installing the maintenance stand spools, the tank protector and the garage door opener. Hopefully, the speedohealer will get here in time for a road trip this weekend.
Thanks for the pointers ...

Welcome aboard, there are alot of great people and good knowledge on here if you don't know much about this bike.

Beautiful colors! The bike is the most awesome sportsbike-cruiser ... in a class of its own. And if you need to find something, hit the word "Search" (a button) near the Flag ... this site is a living encyclopedia of the 'Busa, with a lot of great people waiting to help.

Back