Had an off Sunday

Temeraire

Registered
So I'm riding in the inner lane of a street on the way home and I come up to an intersection with a green light. I was at a normal 40mph and really didn't think to slow down at the intersection because the way was clear and I had a green light. Well a white F150 coming the other direction pulled up to the intersection, didn't see me, and took a left hand turn. I tried to brake, but it was no good, so I leaned to the left and grabbed a handful of brake. It was a pretty clean lowside, and the rear of my bike clipped the back of his truck. I slid clear of the collision, and spun around a lot, but my left knee got banged by the bike when I lowsided. I've got a big bruise on my knee but other than that I'm fine.
I'm gonna take the bike to the shop tomorrow to get an estimate going. I need a new rear rim, a lot of knew plastic, my rearset (stock) is pretty beat up, my micron cans are wasted:banghead: (those were actually pretty hard to find), I need new clutch cover and stator cover etc, but it looks like zero will ride again. I'll post some pics later.

good to hear you only have "minor" bumps/bruises. best of luck getting the bike fixed quick.

Glad your not hurt. Sorry about the scoot but it can be fixed!

from my dunce stool via tapatalk

A bruised knee is a pretty easy getoff. Hopefully the Pickup guy's insurance will pay for the repairs.

The guy has State Farm, like I do, and they take care of me pretty well so I'm pretty confident the insurance will have my back.

Good you are fine.Never assume that the intersection is clear.I always slow because you never know what idiot is coming.Hopefully the asshat will pay for damages.

Most folks are at least courteous enough to use a turn signal which will automatically put you on alert! Did the truck driver receive a ticket?

I love it when people post accidents - that means the lived to tell about. Hope you are back on 2 quickly.

Sorry to hear. Sure glad you are ok.
A lot of us have been there. Makes you a better rider in the long haul.
Godspeed on your recovery...both you an the bike.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Back