Almost got nailed

rc51ny

Donating Member
Registered
So I'm at an intersection making a left turn on a green arrow. As I start to turn, this large SUV coming my way looks like its not gonna stop for the red. As I slowly start my turn, the SUV continues to come thru the light. I straighten up and hit the brakes. This lady yacking on her cell BLOWS THE RED LIGHT!!! I throw my arms in the arms and she looks at me like WHAT'S MY PROBLEM?
rock.gif
? Lesson learned (once again) NEVER TRUST THE OTHER GUY. Please---be carful out there folks!

Its always funny how when you get pis$ed at a moron driver for being stupid, they react with "what did i do? Screw u!". Makes you even madder.
I always try to treat each vehicle around me as if their mission in life is to run me over.

i ride like nobody else knows how to drive, think i must upgrade to drive and can't see.

Thank God you wasn't hit

Dayum! Glad you were lookin' out and weren't hurt!

Good thing May is Motorcycle awareness month.

Had my daughter on the other day approaching a 90*(just one, all by itself
sad.gif
). As I'm staying wide looking through the turn I see an oncoming truck towing a boat trailer approaching completely in our lane. Nice.

Ride you are are invisible, because you are.
Be safe folks. No one cares about us, but us.

i wish you coulda chased her down to the next stop, yanked her out of her suv and slapped the sh*t out of her for almost killing you
mad.gif

There is a freeway ramp that I take home every day that is a death trap waiting to happen. Last week I am riding along in my lane getting ready to head north onto I-5 and this guy comes ripping buy me on the right (his is a right turn only lane that terminated about 50 feet back) and damn near takes me out. Now I must have been watching too much Deadwood lately because I get up behind him and am screaming obscenities that would make a sailor blush at this Imbecile. He just looks at me like he didn't give a rats !@%. So I put as much distance between me and this 5 watt as quickly as possible.

Stay on your toes out there.

Was on coast hwy 1 sunday. I saw a tractor-trailer rig halfway into my lane trying not to cheat to much on a tight turn. I was able to move over in my lane and give him room. If I had'ent he would of squashed me for sure.

A few more miles down the road I saw a ambulance and fire truck scrap'in up what was left of a motorcycle crash...I asked one of the fire guys how it happened cause I thought maybe the truck was at fault but he said the guy was going to fast and did'ent make the turn....looked like a bad one
sad.gif

I hate intersections, if there is a side road I always look for who is comming or already there and watch them until I am through the crossing.

Glad to see you were alert and ok!
When I ride, I just assume that every cager that I meet is going to pull out infront of me or cut me off. That way when they actually do I'm ready for it
face7.gif

I was always told by my dad to make eye contact with the other driver to make sure they see you....and also to get off the gas and "coast" through an intersection....ready to brake...

I just started this thread because I was so PI$$ED. Not only that she blew the red light but more so that so looked at me like I did something wrong! After reading your responses, I guess I feel a little better. At least it's not just me. BE CAREFUL OUT THERE !!!!!! In a collision--we lose every time!

So I'm at an intersection making a left turn on a green arrow.  As I start to turn, this large SUV coming my way looks like its not gonna stop for the red.  As I slowly start my turn, the SUV continues to come thru the light.  I straighten up and hit the brakes.  This lady yacking on her cell BLOWS THE RED LIGHT!!!  I throw my arms in the arms and she looks at me like WHAT'S MY PROBLEM?
rock.gif
?  Lesson learned (once again) NEVER TRUST THE OTHER GUY.  Please---be carful out there folks!
I posted a similar story when I first got my Busa in Feb.. I was turning right on a green light, and the other side had had an arrow that went to red.. Same deal as yours, teeny bopper on the phone trying to beat the light. I rode her @$$ all the way down the road and I could see in her mirror she was in a panic, like I was one of the dudes from Mad Max. Hopefully that will make her be more aware the next time..

BUSAFETT

Back