Had a wreck on my bike 2 weeks ago

midnight02

Registered
Well I havn't posted in a while but figured Id share my misfortune with you guys. Well I bought myself a 2001 Honda 929RR and absolutly love it. Well 2 weeks ago I was riding home froma buddies at 3am. I had to work in the morning and couldn't just stay over. I was going down a back road doing about 40mph. The speed limit is 45 but it was foggy in some spots and I didn't feel comfortable doing any more that night for some reason. (gut feeling) Well Im out of a corner and onto a straight and out of my left 2 deer shoot across the road. I hit the second one right in its mid section and went down obviosusly. I was wearing my helmet, jeans, and a joe rocket padded leather jacket. The jacket saved my shoulder from getting torn up and the helemet had a few light scrathes on it. My foot was hurt the warst and u can see by the pics it got wrapped around the foot peg. notice in the pic of the foot peg it is bent down. I got some road rash on my right hip and right palm. Gloves will be next after the bike gets fixed. Here are the pics, some are crappy camera phone pics. Oh yeah, the deer died, 9 point buck.

here is a video you may have seen, but it looked very similar to this just to put it into perspective http://www.greenshines.com/control/media/1076353564.wmv

I'm glad you had the wherewithall to ride at a safe speed. Glad you're going to be ok. Too bad for the deer.

Glad you're ok...cut the head of the buck and hang it on the wall
biggrin.gif

Need to paint a deer head on your fairing when you get the bike fixed..

Glad your ok..

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1093845697 -->

Glad you in 1 piece to bad about your bike and the deer... Your lucky you listened to your gut.... Godd luck getting your bike back together...

Wow! Glad you will be okay. I can't imagine what that must have felt like.

Now see....if you'd have been going faster the deer wouldn't have gotten in the way !

JK Dude, glad to see ya are OK, the most important thing.
tounge.gif

Wow, that's one of my worst fears while riding! You just lived it, so I'm glad you're still around to tell us...

Sorry about the Honda...but sounds like the gear kept you out of a lot of trouble...heal fast...
smile.gif

Glad you are OK, it seems like there have been a lot of accidents this year around my area. The right speed for the right time saved you big time.

it wasn't even that scary, it was just deer then impact, no time for me to panic. i hit, heard alot of crunching plastic and then was bouncing on the ground. I rememeber telling myself to try and ball up, not let my arms and legs flail around. once i stopped i got up and the deer kicked for a few seconds then stopped moving. i stood up, thought my foot was broken and hoped my cell which was in my pocket didn't get broken. i called my buddy and he came and too me to a gas station for some ice and advil. thanks for all the concerns and this hasn't detured me one bit. Ill be back riding as soon as I can

Back