Gun store cancels Ar15 sale to Mark Kelly

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Gun store nixes Mark Kelly's AR-15 purchase - CNN.com

What's so funny about this is now you have the Anti-Gunners complaining the store is not honoring Kelly's 2A right to buy and pro gun advocates cheering the store for not selling a gun to a law abiding citizen. :rofl:

Personally I think they should have thrown him the F out of the store before the second foot got in!

They are not refusing to honor his 2nd Admen rights. They are enforcing a gun law already on the books. He has stated publicly that he WAS NOT buying the gun for himself. That statement makes him a straw buyer which is against current federal law and is prohibited so the gun store is protecting themselves from fallout for selling a firearm to a known straw buyer.

Good on the gun shop and the heck with alll of those who are crying foul.

Not true.

If man A gives man B money and asks him to buy a gun for him yes it is a straw purchase.
If man A with his own money goes to buy a gun with intent of gifting it to anyone else as long as the reciever is not believed to be legally prevented from buying himself it is not straw.

It is a very fine line that I used to deal with daily. And thru the course of interview one has to determine if sale is legit or not.

Maybe he should buy one off the street illegally, then get in front of the camera and brag about how easy it is - maybe somebody would arrest him for it...

Keith that's what I'd like to see. Where's Geraldo?
Why doesn't he go undercover and show us how easy it is to obtain them illegally.

What an idiot. :banghead: Does he really think that the PD wants a weapon he can legally purchase. You need to watch the interview. These people make me sick. He and CNN are so concerned about someone lawfully purchasing a firearm, why don't they do something to impact those that unlawfully buy, sell, trade, transfer, and carry firearms. That's the problem.

Not true.

If man A gives man B money and asks him to buy a gun for him yes it is a straw purchase.
If man A with his own money goes to buy a gun with intent of gifting it to anyone else as long as the reciever is not believed to be legally prevented from buying himself it is not straw.

It is a very fine line that I used to deal with daily. And thru the course of interview one has to determine if sale is legit or not.
Yes point well made. But if the store knows full well that the buyer is NOT the intended owner they can refuse the sale assuming the sale is not legit.

Case and point is our local store here. They were hounded and harrassed by the Police department here because 75% of the guns used in crimes here were bought at their store LEGALLY and used by soemone other than the purchaser. They were forced to close. Having worked in a gun shop, if you have made public statements about your intended purchase that I feel in any way to be illegal I will refuse to sell to you. You want to prove a point go for it but not at the expense of my freedom. Go buy it on the street and show me how easy it is.

What an idiot. :banghead: Does he really think that the PD wants a weapon he can legally purchase. You need to watch the interview. These people make me sick. He and CNN are so concerned about someone lawfully purchasing a firearm, why don't they do something to impact those that unlawfully buy, sell, trade, transfer, and carry firearms. That's the problem.

This is correct. Always the person doing the right thing that seems to pay. Chicago is the perfect example. Who is doing all the killing there?

at the end of the day, 2A rights or not, the store has the right to sell to or deny sale to anyone they choose. There is no law that says a store has to sell to you, as long as they dont say something like "He's black I'm not selling to a black guy" or any other racial/hate type discrimination the owner still has the right to ask someone to leave. If they simply say "We are not comfortable selling to this person, thus we have cancelled his transaction with no malice, he is welcome to shop anywhere else" that should be sufficient. I would rather a store selling guns, ammo, etc to air on the side of caution and comfort instead of blindly selling to anyone.

If it was my store, I would have never allowed the sale to start. IMHO anyone that high profile right now should be buying from a private FFL dealer to protect themselves and all others involved. Its certainly not about saving money for someone with millions, so I would be suspicious of a random purchase from anyone who's in the media's eye. Either Mark Kelly is *that* stupid or there was some other motive in play, perhaps meant to try and expose how easily legally purchased guns can turn up in illegal actions.:banghead:

at the end of the day, 2A rights or not, the store has the right to sell to or deny sale to anyone they choose. There is no law that says a store has to sell to you, as long as they dont say something like "He's black I'm not selling to a black guy" or any other racial/hate type discrimination the owner still has the right to ask someone to leave. If they simply say "We are not comfortable selling to this person, thus we have cancelled his transaction with no malice, he is welcome to shop anywhere else" that should be sufficient. I would rather a store selling guns, ammo, etc to air on the side of caution and comfort instead of blindly selling to anyone.

If it was my store, I would have never allowed the sale to start. IMHO anyone that high profile right now should be buying from a private FFL dealer to protect themselves and all others involved. Its certainly not about saving money for someone with millions, so I would be suspicious of a random purchase from anyone who's in the media's eye. Either Mark Kelly is *that* stupid or there was some other motive in play, perhaps meant to try and expose how easily legally purchased guns can turn up in illegal actions.:banghead:
If you watch the entire interview you'll see that he plans on doing a gun show and some illegal buys maybe. I think he needs to do a few illegal buys. I know in Mexico he could score an illegal weapon from the US Government :banghead:

Yes why not go to Mexico and try to buy an Ar from one of the cartels Obama sold to?
Crazy he had plans to announce this purchase on Facebook?

Looks like a nice rig. My friends maintains the iron sights, just in case. Isn't that a 45 round mag ???

There's actually a poster on FB I can't find showing him speaking in congress about no one needing one and then him standing in the gun shop buying one.

They need to see what identification he was using. He was first denied due to trying to use a TX ID, then went back later with a AZ ID. Not sure if they were both Driver Licenses or not, but it is against the law to have a valid drivers license from 2 states.

So 'it was leashed' but managed to kill the pup?
She had to have either walked up to it like an idiot or let go/lost grip on leash?
That part is conveniently left out?

Another report (That I can't find right now) says the dog pulled away from her and attacked the sea lion pup. one of the girls was trying to pull the pup away from the dog and a guy yelled walk out in the ocean with it, the dog will let go or drown. Te girl screamed back at him F You!

Just seams every where these people go someone or somethign is dying.

I didn't realize there was a video there. They don't show it as its 'too graphic' but its a 65lb bulldog.
You can see he's very flustered and the daughter is obv upset over it.

All conveniently caught on video? Wondering now if somebody on a walkie talkie was telling the person holding the pup "ok wait ok wait she's coming wait wait TOSS IT!" :laugh:

Back