Group Ride today for a Birthday Girl whom Organized If

Skywalker

Donating Member
Registered
My first large group ride and it was nerve racking for me. To much and I told my son's to please give each other space and lets stay in the back. We were out for 5 hours and stopped three times to stretch and a 4th for a guy went down at 100 mph. Not cool! If I ever go to one like this again I will suggest to the organizer that the senior rider do a full walk around to inspect bikes. I will not do one of these but I really didn't know they would be freaking crazy. Couple of the guys could touch the ground poop. It was exciting but not fun and very sad that kid was in carhart pants and they didn't do that well. Shoe off and cloth type mesh jacket was ripped up the back and done its job and his gloves were ripped and I seen blood on his fingers but I guess they somewhat done there job. His lower left leg was obviously broken in two places and ankle was screwed! We were on the interstate where some were heading home and in different directions. I could tell they were then really hitting that throttle hard. Rider had dirt bike experience and only a few weeks on his street machine. That bike slide approx 50 yards. Heavy traffic and pretty heavy auto traffic as well. Ok, no front fender and the brake line was rubbing. There was no walk around or safety briefings at the initial gathering place. They were all very young and this will never be my thing again and I hope my son's gets the good time away from this. It was a large group because the birthday girl was beautiful and rides a GSXR1000. I hate this kid went down!!! I seen the smoke and immediately was calling my son's name on the intercom and they were good. Cody on this MVAgust M4 seen it. When that front brake like rubbe through he just lost the front tire. A bobber ran over the kid and he didn't lose it. Sucks! This makes me fell I wish these boys didn't have bikes. The kid is in the Green Jacket toward the end. I new no one but my son's and TJ their friend. Serious ass hole dad brief tonight!!!

Last edited:
I take it you aren't on lock down where you are......too bad that lad crashed and will now be in a hospital for a long time I'd wager.

That Yamaha done up in vintage colors is awesome looking....I'd ride that in a heartbeat.

That was my son's co-worker Xavier. That is a 60th and bought it like5-6 weeks ago used but like brand new. $5K exhaust on it as well. Very clean bike. I just met him today. Had had a terrible bike crash years ago and was not a crazy one today.

I take it you aren't on lock down where you are......too bad that lad crashed and will now be in a hospital for a long time I'd wager.

That Yamaha done up in vintage colors is awesome looking....I'd ride that in a heartbeat.

That was my son's co-worker Xavier. That is a 60th and bought it like5-6 weeks ago used but like brand new. $5K exhaust on it as well. Very clean bike. I just met him today. Had had a terrible bike crash years ago and was not a crazy one today.
It's pretty sharp looking, what size is it?

I saw an FZ1 done up like that and thought it was really cool, this far surpasses that one.

Sorry to hear the kid was injured. That group looked way too large to not have a rider’s meeting beforehand. I still shake my head at rider’s lack of proper gear. Even those who think they’re properly suited up will be wearing just a jacket, gloves and helmet. Many still wear sneakers or lace up boots w/o any leg, knee or hip protection. It really shouldn’t take a trip to the ER to wise people up.

I'm really stressed over this.

Sorry to hear the kid was injured. That group looked way too large to not have a rider’s meeting beforehand. I still shake my head at rider’s lack of proper gear. Even those who think they’re properly suited up will be wearing just a jacket, gloves and helmet. Many still wear sneakers or lace up boots w/o any leg, knee or hip protection. It really shouldn’t take a trip to the ER to wise people up.

You can't get a group of that many young guys together and not have it go bad. Glad you and your boys are ok though. Did I mention that MV is &^%$# incredible?

Now if I may be a jerk, hopefully there were not more casualties today. I am referring of course to the virus and not practicing social isolation. I know 5 people who went through the virus and one lost his fight with it. They all say it was like drowning for a week. Felt like an elephant was sitting on their chest. Their breath was so short they couldn't say more than a word at a time without taking a minute to catch their breath.

You guys be careful on your bikes and off.

Do you ever see the military guys going into combat with jeans and sneakers, no socks?
No. . . . and it's no different when getting on yer bike and going for a ride . . ESPECIALLY a big group ride like this. Protection is a must.
Around 15 years ago I had a GSXR1000 and was going on group rides often.
It always turned into a race with a lot of really risky passing and high speed races going on. These guys were aged 40 to 60 with a ton of experience.
I stopped going along after I almost got taken out in a tight corner.
There were crashes and injuries in this group, then it all fizzled out.
I do not like group rides.
Rant over.

Back