Great results from my new pistol (I think).

NCBusa2001

Registered
Thought I'd share. Went to the range today shooting with my son to work on some fundamentals.

I shot this group at 100 yards on a standard DOJ target.

20 rounds, five being in the bull.

Overall, I've very happy with the results. :whistle:

Chris

556 at 100 62gr193.jpg

Before I get a "WTF-you happy with dat?" comment, I should probably add....

I was using a pistol with a 4moa dot Eotech. :poke:

:rofl:

ar pistol? whats the specs. id say thats real good for a 6" or less barrel no rest.

Aaaaah Do it with a standard pistol and talk to me....:whistle:

:rulez: state you cannot start a gun thread with a pic of said gun..:poke:

Last edited:
Aaaaah Do it with a standard pistol and talk to me....:whistle:

:rulez: state you cannot start a gun thread with a pic of said gun..:poke:

Yeah, I thought about that and I could feel the Tinfoil tighten around my scalp.

Nevermind (f'em, I forgot the "cold, dead, hands thing"), Give me a second and I'll post a pic.

Chris

Very nice .
Love those Cmags as well !
Why get a pistol and not a rifle with folding stock so you can actually shoulder it ?
Groups at a hundred would be an inch or two .

Why get a pistol and not a rifle with folding stock so you can actually shoulder it ?
Groups at a hundred would be an inch or two .

Thanks Blanca, I thought you would like it.

As far as the question,...I added the pistol for a few reasons.

First, It looked good beside the 556 RIFLE (with the folding stock) that's alread in the safe. :poke:

Secondly, and most importantly, I needed (ahem, another) a zombie gun that was "concealable". There is a bunch of different regulations in different states concerning the transportation of a rifle (such as locked, unloaded and ammo separate, etc).

No such hassle with this rig when getting pulled over, etc. Granted there may be a "jaw drop moment" if the officer asks to see the concealed handgun, but legal just the same. I would love to SBR it but, again, it would defeat the intended purpose (plus those pesky fed confirmation visits are bothersome).

As far as the accuracy, I may put some magnified optics on it and see what she will really do. 1-2 MOA I would be very happy with.

I doubt I could get 1-2 inch groups with the eotech as the dot, measuring 4 inches at 100yards, covers all of the bull and most of the 9 ring. I was tickled pink with the results I managed to obtain.

Chris

Back