AR Fans: EXCELLENT downloadable zero targets

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
For you AR fans:

I invite your attention to this thread on another forum:

Improved AR15A2/A3/A4 & AR15 Carbine Zero Targets - 50/200M, 100M, & 300M Zeroes - M4Carbine.net Forums

A member created a .pdf file of zero targets that will allow for a 100M zero on a 25M range, using ballistic data for M193 and M855 ammunition for either iron sights, EoTech or Aimpoint optics. I measured out 25M (82.081 ft). and shot the EoTech targets supported (out the back of my carpeted pickup bed with my rifle bag as support) for two Eotech-equipped rifles (one with a G33 magnifier). I started with the top left target, and eventually confirmed with the bottom left target.

After getting a zero I liked, I shot a standard 25yrd pistol target at approximately 100 meters. Pics are below. Except for a little bit of trigger control, not too dang shabby for an amateur. At 100M, the black part of the pistol target IS the red dot. I liked the contrasting color silhouette (yellow or green) better than the black or red ones easier to see against the red dot. I am very pleased with the results. What I really like is I can print these targets with my PC printer any time I want.

P.S. a Geissele SSA trigger is head and shoulders a better trigger than a MILSPEC trigger....HIGHLY Recommend. G33 Magnifier ROCKS.

All the .pdf files are below attached, for several different ranges using different optics. Files contain different color silhouettes...

IMG_1707.jpg

IMG_1708.jpg

Attachments

• 25 Yard Aimpoint 50_200 Zero.pdf
    135.7 KB · Views: 1,369
  • 25 Yard Aimpoint 100 Zero.pdf
    135.4 KB · Views: 742
  • 50 Yard Aimpoint Zero.pdf
    155.8 KB · Views: 811
  • Improved AR15 Optic Target 50Ma.pdf
    111.4 KB · Views: 823
  • Improved AR15 OpticTargeta.pdf
    109.2 KB · Views: 718
  • Improved M4_AR15 Carbine Zero Target 50Ma.pdf
    125.1 KB · Views: 1,041
  • Improved M4_AR15 Carbine Zero Target 100Ma.pdf
    125.7 KB · Views: 1,237
  • Improved M4_AR15 Carbine Zero Targeta.pdf
    163 KB · Views: 825

Lurch

The milkman cometh!!!
Donating Member
Registered
Sweet. Thank you very much for posting this.
I will use it this weekend.

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
The grids are even matched for MOA clicks of the particular sight you are using....

P.S. The bottom pic (shooting at 100 M) was 5 rounds with one rifle (with magnifier and SSA trigger) and 5 rounds on another rifle (without magnifier and milspec trigger). I lost 1 suspect non-magnified, milspec trigger rifle. All shot with Federal Lake City M855 Green tip.

Poppy

Donating Member
Registered
Thanks for posting these. I've planted a seed with the Mrs. for building my first AR soon....more lobbying to take place. These will be fun to help dial in the rifle!!

Latest Bikes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Venum1