, IF YOU PAID TAXES
goodboy.gif
, YOUR Not elegible for a Return
cursin.gif
. Only if you DIDN'T make enough to pay taxes
wowold.gif
. Well, that sounds like our Politicians anyway
deadhorse.gif

Isnt there still a cap on it?  You have to make less than 75K as an individual or 150k for a married couple last I heard.  If they didnt change it, I am getting an empty envelop  
pissed.gif

At least they closed the loop so illegal aliens, who never paid taxes cant get any of this "rebate".
banghead.gif

** edit they did change it

Eligibility for the stimulus payment is subject to maximum income limits. The payment, including the basic amount and the amount for qualifying children, will be reduced by 5 percent of the amount of income in excess of $75,000 for individuals and $150,000 for those with a Married Filing Jointly filing status.

oh well, at least something is better than nothing
sadnews.gif

From what I was told by my tax lady is that it's not going to effect future tax refunds.  I'm skeptical about it even though she confirms it.  
whistling.gif

The people that are single making over 75K and married couples over 150K are taking the short end of the stick by not getting a check.  Not that I would think that they needed it in the first place, but I could see that they would feel cheated because everyone else is getting something.  Also from what I have read on a military website is that something about food stamps and some other select government programs were scaled back a bit so that this "Stimulus" package could be approved.  Who knows what really goes on up there on Capitol Hill.  
boxing.gif

well my issue with the cap at 75 and 150k is that those are the folks that typically can just "pi$s it away" on stimulating the economy, which afterall is what its meant for. I suspect that most of the fiscally minded folks will simply use the money to pay down debt (thus not stimulating anything) and the not so fiscally minded ones will spend it on things that probably wont stimulate much of the economy
laugh.gif

So while most folks that are over the cap probably "dont need it" they are much more likely to just randomly spend it and stimulate the "retail index" which is what they use to judge economic growth.

Just my 2c, they should just provide it for everyone and let the cards fall where they may.

The rebate works like this:

In 2009, those who qualify are getting an extra tax credit on their 08 taxes. This is going to be the money you get this summer. It's an advance on next years "one-time-only" tax credit.

Basically, if you didn't want the money, and sent it back, you'd just get it right back when you file your taxes next year. The creditr NEXT year, negates the payment THIS year.

Get it?

I'm getting an "advance credit" of $600 for me, and another $300 for claiming 1 of my kids.
smile.gif
I was thinking of using it to buy a Beretta CX4, but I think I'll just add it to a bike payment.

I honestly don't think I should get money back. I don't need it, and neither do most people who make $50k-$75k/year. If you make $50k-$70k/year, and NEED this money....I think you should spend it to retain a financial planner, cuz it ain't gonna help you that much.

This is the governments equivalent to putting a band-aid on a .50 caliber head-wound.

Rebates and higher-income earners
Updated: 2/28/2008Article ID: 5962
This is determined by a taxpayer's adjusted gross income, or AGI. That's total income minus certain adjustments, like IRA contributions.

Rebates are reduced starting at $75,000 AGI for single persons and $150,000 AGI for married couples. A rebate is decreased by 5 percent of AGI income over the limit.
Here's how it works:
A single woman, who pays more than $600 in taxes, would in theory qualify for a $600 rebate. But if her AGI is $80,000, and therefore above the $75,000 limit, her rebate is reduced by $250 (that's 5 percent of the $5,000 over the limit). She would get a rebate of $350.

A married couple with two children, who pay more than $1,200 in taxes, are eligible for a rebate of $1,800 ($1,200 for the parents and $300 for each child). But if the couple's AGI is $160,000, and thus above the $150,000 limit, their rebate is reduced by $500 (or 5 percent of the $10,000 over the limit). The family would receive a rebate of $1,300.

A married couple with no children, who pay more than $1,200 in taxes, would in theory get a $1,200 rebate. But if their AGI is $180,000, they would get no rebate. (That's because 5 percent of the $30,000 over the limit is $1,500, which exceeds the $1,200 rebate).

What's this
rock.gif
, "If you make a lot, you don't need a rebate" !!! Geezzzzzzzzz
winkold.gif
 some of you think it's someone elses money, SUR-PRISE IT'S NOT, it was THEIR money in the FIRST PLACE
laugh.gif

Word of thought
idea3.gif
, "I never saw a Poor Man or Someone without money, give anyone a JOB" !

Taxes are taxes. People who make more don't need a break (including ME), compared to someone who makes less, IMO. They didn't have to do this, you know.

But as soon as they kill off the IRS, and go to a straight sales tax system, I'll be happy.
smile.gif

I will use this for part of a down payment on my daughter Halie a car, she turns 16 in July. it is a good time for me to get this.

I'm going to buy a map of DC a fake ID badge, get inside, and slap some mother blankers.

Taxes are taxes. People who make more don't need a break (including ME), compared to someone who makes less, IMO. They didn't have to do this, you know.

But as soon as they kill off the IRS, and go to a straight sales tax system, I'll be happy.
smile.gif
I heard Huckabee on one of this speaches say something about eliminating the IRS all together. Sounds like a winner, but how does the straight sales tax work in a situation like that? Every purchase will have taxes that will be sent to the government and state?

smile.gif
I'm not advocating that the rich get richer, I'm simply saying that if you are going to offer a rebate it should be fair and equal.

lets extrapolate this a little...

What if the government said they were going to give everyone that made less than 20k last year a 20k "rebate" free and clear with no additional tax burden...a true 20k. If you made 20,000.01 you get nada. Imagine all the people that would say "how f'in unfair is that", you are taking my tax dollars and paying off everyone else. Kinda my point, the tax dollars everyone over 75k or 150k has paid in is going to everyone except them.

Life isnt fair & I dont need the money but if I did get it I'd spend it damn quickly on random things that I'd probably buy anyway
laugh.gif
Just sux that they limit rebates that should be provided to all tax payers and if you didnt pay into the fund you get nada.

Back