Government Rebates 2008

Demon

Registered
Just curious on whose going to do what with that cash from the Government Stimulus package?

For my household it's already spent.  We're going to be adding it into our payments to eliminate our student loan debt.  With that added increase of money once those are paid off it will be easier to pay for that $4 per gallon of fuel  
woot.gif

How much am I getting??

I have no doubt mine will go to the Busa (original, i know)

Would love to start puttin money away, and even though i dont truly feel obligated to spend the rebate, putting it in savings kinda defeats the purpose of the stimulus package

Kinda interested to see what people thing about this.

Read a post on a money website that talks about this "rebate", ever how much it is, will be deducted from your tax refund for 2008 taxes if you were to be getting a refund. This true?

I'm certain it will just go to pay off a credit card...
Same here michelle...

Even though i dont carry ANY credit card debt (thank the good lord) i do use my credit cards for all my purchases just for the perks....FF miles, cash rebates at end of year, free stuff, etc...

So technically mine would be going to pay off CC bill too

My understanding is that this is a rebate, and is not suposed to affect any future tax year... Because, the other side is, what if you weren't getting a refund next year? Woul you then owe more taxes? That woul not be a rebate, that woul be a deferrment...

My understanding is that this is a rebate, and is not suposed to affect any future tax year... Because, the other side is, what if you weren't getting a refund next year? Woul you then owe more taxes? That woul not be a rebate, that woul be a deferrment...
Hate to say it, but that wouldn't surprise me...I can just see it now, they deduct from your rebate next year or you owe more
laugh.gif

Don't you just love the gov't?!
banghead.gif

Possibly mine will go for either a yosh carbon R77 exhaust or a good digital SLR camera lens. Not sure yet.

I'm going to Disneyl.... NOT

I think I'll put a FULL tank of gas in the
laugh.gif
car with it!

Back