Economic Stimulas Check

06blackpearl

Registered
WASHINGTON "†The Internal Revenue Service has begun to transfer economic stimulus payments to millions of Americans, some of whom will see payments in their bank accounts as early as today.

The IRS will issue payments of up to $600 ($1,200 for married couples) plus $300 for eligible children younger than 17, throughout the spring and summer. The first wave of payments will go to people who opted for direct deposit on their 2007 income tax returns.

"People who chose direct deposit will receive their economic stimulus payments the quickest," IRS Commissioner Doug Shulman said. "We know there are many people who are eligible for an economic stimulus payment who have not filed a tax return. If you think you may be eligible, even if you don't normally file a tax return, please check it out. And, use direct deposit to get your payment faster."

Whether a taxpayer opted for direct deposit determines how soon the payment will arrive. The first cycle of paper checks will be mailed starting May 9.

Even people who normally do not have a filing requirement may be eligible for the stimulus payment. People who have no filing requirement must have at least $3,000 in qualifying income. Qualifying income includes any combination of earned income, nontaxable combat pay they elect to include in earned income and certain payments from Social Security, Veterans Affairs and Railroad Retirement.

People with at least $3,000 in qualifying income may qualify for an economic stimulus payment of $300 ($600 for married couples) plus the $300 per qualifying child payment. However, they must file a 2007 income tax return by Oct. 15 , 2008, to receive a stimulus payment. They can use the simple Form 1040A and provide basic information. Form 1040A is available on IRS.gov, the official IRS Web site.

The payment schedule announced earlier this year is for people who filed early enough to have their tax returns processed by April 15. People who did not submit a return in time for it to be processed by April 15 may see their stimulus payments later than the scheduled dates.

Below are the schedules for economic stimulus payments related to tax returns processed by April 15, 2008:

Direct Deposit Payments

If the last two digits of your Social Security number are:
Your economic stimulus payment deposit should be transmitted to your bank account by:

00 "“ 20
May 2

21 "“ 75
May 9

76 "“ 99
May 16

Paper Check

If the last two digits of your Social Security number are:
Your check should be in the mail by:

00 "“ 09
May 16

10 "“ 18
May 23

19 "“ 25
May 30

26 "“ 38
June 6

39 "“ 51
June 13

52 "“ 63
June 20

64 "“ 75
June 27

76 "“ 87
July 4

88 "“ 99
July 11

Some taxpayers may receive smaller economic stimulus payments than they anticipated. By law, the stimulus payments are offset to satisfy past-due taxes, student loans, child support and certain other debts.

The IRS will send notices to taxpayers who have already filed a 2007 tax return and who are eligible for an economic stimulus payment. This notice will serve as an important recordkeeping document and should be retained by taxpayers. By keeping people informed, the IRS hopes to reduce calls to customer service representatives who are still busy helping taxpayers complete tax returns.

This is a joke. It won't do a darn thing for the economy and it just increases the deficit that much more which our kids will have to deal with. You want to give people more money to spend then do something about gas prices and the price of everything else will come down and we'll all have more money left in our pockets at the end of the month. If we had extra at the end of the month we would spend it and stimulate the economy naturally instead of this one time joke. Everybody likes a hand-out but at what expense?

This is a joke. It won't do a darn thing for the economy and it just increases the deficit that much more which our kids will have to deal with. You want to give people more money to spend then do something about gas prices and the price of everything else will come down and we'll all have more money left in our pockets at the end of the month. If we had extra at the end of the month we would spend it and stimulate the economy naturally instead of this one time joke. Everybody likes a hand-out but at what expense?
I'm not disagreeing with you, but that being said, if you don't want it, send it back.

I understand the theory of it, but the impimentation of it is poor. If they would have combined it with income tax returns instead of making it a separate payment, they could have saved millions in processing costs.

I understand the theory of it, but the impimentation of it is poor.  If they would have combined it with income tax returns instead of making it a separate payment, they could have saved millions in processing costs.
No one has ever (or will ever) accuse the Prez of having any brains...so I'm not at all surprised.

more parts 02 may
beerchug.gif

I'm not disagreeing with you, but that being said, if you don't want it, send it back.
Can I have it?
whistling.gif

For those of you that disagree with the comment I ask for you to consider this.

While it is nice to recieve money you didn't expect or work for, nothing in life is free. Everything has a cost. Our government is giving the Country extra dollars so we can spend it within the market place in hopes to boost the economy by some means. Will this work? No, what it will do is give the illusion of a better economy for a few weeks. This illusion isn't helping anything, in the long run it is still hurting America because we are now adding to the National defecit.

Truthfully, the stimulus check is an insult. If the economy is going to get better fuel prices need to drop drastically. Right now we are seeing the fuel prices trickle down into everything we purchase, from milk to baby diapers. The necessities that America needs from fuel to food is running is dry because OPEC doesn't feel that oil has reached it's true value.

Do you want to see a better economy, lower fuel cost by any means necessary. People will drive more, shop more, and do more allowing the economy to naturally come back into perspective. At the same time the US Dollar will rise in value.

What really pisses me off is that there is more attention placed on Obama's pastor than on the current economic crisis at the moment.

By the way, if I am due a stimulus check you can bet I am putting it into my account. I can't promise it will be spent any time soon though. At least not on anything I just wish to have. It will likely pay for fuel so I can get my job done.
banghead.gif

Didnt expect this, I was just trying to let u guys know when you are recieving it,and for the people that actually need the money to make ends meet.
But i do agree this will not boost the economy.

He's not saying he doesnt want it he's saying it wont do what they think it will do. Mine is going to the bank account and will be spent in Mexico this winter...not really helping the economy.

As far as where the money comes from we can tack it on to the war cost...did you know that we are paying 16K to lease base model Suv's for two years in Iraq? At least this is debt that comes back to use.

Oh yeah and the whole politcal scene has become a circus fueled by the media. I stopped watching the news because they feed off creating histeria among the public. Seperation of church and state my ass! Why is it that we know the religion of every candiate? Further more why is it important? Sorry ranting...

I just think there is something off about the government stimulating me

..it will boost my economy...which will in turn decrease my deficit.

For those of you that disagree with the comment I ask for you to consider this.

While it is nice to recieve money you didn't expect or work for, nothing in life is free. Everything has a cost. Our government is giving the Country extra dollars so we can spend it within the market place in hopes to boost the economy by some means. Will this work? No, what it will do is give the illusion of a better economy for a few weeks. This illusion isn't helping anything, in the long run it is still hurting America because we are now adding to the National defecit.

Truthfully, the stimulus check is an insult. If the economy is going to get better fuel prices need to drop drastically. Right now we are seeing the fuel prices trickle down into everything we purchase, from milk to baby diapers. The necessities that America needs from fuel to food is running is dry because OPEC doesn't feel that oil has reached it's true value.

Do you want to see a better economy, lower fuel cost by any means necessary. People will drive more, shop more, and do more allowing the economy to naturally come back into perspective. At the same time the US Dollar will rise in value.

What really pisses me off is that there is more attention placed on Obama's pastor than on the current economic crisis at the moment.

By the way, if I am due a stimulus check you can bet I am putting it into my account. I can't promise it will be spent any time soon though. At least not on anything I just wish to have. It will likely pay for fuel so I can get my job done.  
banghead.gif
Well put. There dayum sure is no such thing as a "free lunch" and especially not at the expense of the US govt.

Rev. Wright is a fukwad. Obama took major heat for not kickin his biyatch azz under the bus, and what does he turn around and do. The exact opposite. Now that is truly sad.

Wake up people, oil was $20 a barrel 8 years ago, now it is $120. Can all of the big oil companies say thanks, Bush/Cheney?? I am sure they already have and will continue to thank those two azzhats, monetarily for years to come.

Rant off.........................

Back