Government Rebates 2008

Pffft, I believe it's a scaled "rebate" whatever the hell that is supposed to mean... Regardless if it's scaled then I'll likely see.... Ummm, Nothing.

And the freaking Democrats wanted to be certain to include those on welfare, and those who paid little or no taxes... WTF??? I'm paying about 35-40% and they want to give some BS handout to scumbags not even working?

Same old crap, imaginary "Rebate" they will get back later in the form of higher taxes... Yippa!
guns.gif
A55holes...

Taxes are taxes. People who make more don't need a break (including ME), compared to someone who makes less, IMO. They didn't have to do this, you know.

But as soon as they kill off the IRS, and go to a straight sales tax system, I'll be happy.
smile.gif
I would love a straight Sales/Use tax... That would be the bomb.

I get tired of taking it in the butt in Property taxes, and Especially income tax but ahh well...

Just for the love of god lets not try and advocate a flat income tax...

Pffft, I believe it's a scaled "rebate"  whatever the hell that is supposed to mean...  Regardless if it's scaled then I'll likely see....  Ummm, Nothing.  

And the freaking Democrats wanted to be certain to include those on welfare, and those who paid little or no taxes...  WTF???  I'm paying about 35-40% and they want to give some BS handout to scumbags not even working?

Same old crap, imaginary "Rebate" they will get back later in the form of higher taxes...  Yippa!  
guns.gif
  A55holes...
+1 AMEN!
bowdown.gif

Um yeah I feel cheated.

I'm not getting a cent back because I make too much.
I guess it pisses me off more that they're calling it a "rebate". Rebate is returning money to people who paid money.

Now they're going to give this "rebate" to people who don't pay any taxes.

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>That's not a rebate!!!</span>

Don't worry.  I'll get along OK.  I'll just keep working and paying my taxes.  While the number of people who live off the system increase and demand that the gov take care of them....  
argue.gif

Yup... I try not to think about it, I just occasionally throw rocks at the crackheads and Single Moms from the window of my car...

It's therapeutic. I also cut off the brain dead NW Libtard that grows so freely up here in the Northwest. It's not as bad as the Burkleytard, but it's not too far off.

Had some toolbox try to tell me that I am just lucky and I don't deserve the money I make, the car I drive etc. He said that the only reason I have these things is luck and a privileged upbringing... Obviously he doesn't know me and has never heard of working for a living... Scumbag. It's kind of the fantasy land mentality you find up here.

When I quit laughing I asked him if that meant he should sell his little Toyota and his Condo downtown because there are people with less than him... He had no answer, I made fun of him, he left sad.
argue.gif

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>That's not a rebate!!!</span>
Nope it's just another way to suck money from people who have made something for themselves and give it to people who really haven't.  I think the political correct term for this is "Re-distribution of Wealth"  
spank.gif

Edit: Does anyone listen to Neil Bortz's radio show?  A while ago he was talking about the mininum wage going up.  He stated it's pathetic that you have people out there that cannot prove to their employers that their work is not worth more than 8.5 cents a minute ($5.15 per hour), because they were too lazy to get an education.  It just cracked me up when I heard it then I had to figure out what my cost per minute was, which was 4 times that and some change.  Anyway thought that was just something to add...
whistling.gif

This morning President Bush said each one of us would get a $300.00 tax rebate. It was previously slated to be $800.00, but they dropped it to a $300.00 tax rebate because of various budget problems. Now, if we spend that money at Wal-Mart, all the money will go to China, if we spend it on computers, most of the money will go to Korea or India. If we spend it on gasoline it will all go to the Arabs .....and none of these scenarios will help the American economy.

We need to keep that money here in America .....so the only way to keep that money here at home is to drink beer, gamble, or spend it on prostitution. Currently it seems that these are the only businesses still in the U.S.
laugh.gif

$300? I thought it was supposed to be $600 not $800. Then $300 per child.

My vote goes to strip clubs! $600 would make for one fun night!! Plus it would be helping the local economy!
laugh.gif

$600 per single person, $1200 per married couple, 300 per child under the age of 17.

edit: they must have made at least $3000 and filed a 2007 tax return to get the rebate check.

and only if you make less than 75k or 150k as a couple, anything more and you start loosing money from the check
banghead.gif

I merged the Topics... Tax Rebates into this thread...
beerchug.gif

and only if you make less than 75k or 150k as a couple, anything more and you start loosing money from the check
banghead.gif
wtf.gif
Typical, so because you make a decent living... You get nothin... Whatever, you gotta pay taxes for someone else's spawn to get an education, you pay taxes for roads, and all manner of BS social handout program, but then this goofy "rebate" is scaled to nothing because someone does OK financially???

Just cannot WAIT for the next 8 years of Democratic, softheaded BS...
banghead.gif

banghead.gif

Don't you just love the way the government works!  To me it's a penalty to people who actually made something of their careers.  If your not making the money that you think you should be getting then go back to school and try again.  
whistling.gif

People in general want to take the easy way out, and then want to complain about who has more.  
ohsnap1.gif
 ok I'm going to get off my soapbox  
winkold.gif

My accountant told me that the "refund" is an advance on next years return. Although he said it about a month ago so hopefully things have changed since then.

Basically if you get a "refund" of $600 this year, instead of getting $2000 back next year in returns you will only get $1400.

My accountant told me that the "refund" is an advance on next years return.  Although he said it about a month ago so hopefully things have changed since then.

Basically if you get a "refund" of $600 this year, instead of getting $2000 back next year in returns you will only get $1400.
Man I keep hearing different sides on how that is going to pan out on next years taxes. I even asked my tax advisor about that same answer and she told me that it's not going to effect it anyway, shape or form. I just wish there was some sort of concrete answer to that stupid question...
banghead.gif

Back