got smoked by another busa and a zx-10

riironman, if you have a power commander then make sure you get it custom mapped and run it on the dyno. I have a 2002 Busa with 10,400 miles on it and it ran like a different bike after I got it mapped. The power they found was unbeleavable. I have the Yoshimura Slip ons as well.
beerchug.gif

street7_10_13_06.JPG

(BentValve @ Oct. 23 2006,21:43)
(ks-waterbug @ Oct. 23 2006,12:34)
(onerabidshark @ Oct. 23 2006,10:55) mine has been feeling slugish also but I know its time for valves to be set  mine have really started chattering very quickly like they are gettin loose got a mechanic lined up to do it so she is sittin in my shop and not riding her till its done(better safe than sorry), got new airfilter,sparkplugs waitin also  and I'm at 16000 miles
Valves will get tighter if not adjusted....
smile.gif
+1
all I know is I have something with a loud ticking sound (and its on top you can tell) I Let a bike mechanic that I know listen to it and he could here it too so we'll see what it is this weekend when we tear it down

Well, I'm not in complete agreement here with the rest of the responding board members. I agree a tune up will help, but I am willing to bet you have fuel delivery problems. My mechanic told me before I bought my Hayabusa that they are known for fuel filters only lasting about 15,000 miles and that I should be ready to change mine before that number. He even pulled the fuel filter out of my friends Busa at 8,000 miles because he didn't want any restrictions once the turbo was installed and guess what, he figured there was already a 25% restriction in fuel flow through the fuel filter.

Check the fuel filter!

The ticking noise that your are hearing is most likely the CAM chain adjuster, which btw is automatic. Some guys have swapped out the automatic with a manual cam chain adjuster....

I like the idea that it's just something bad azz about the 06. For your sake though, I hope you get things figured out. Think of it this way. If it weren't for that race you wouldn't even know you weren't at full steam. At least you have a great place to bounce ideas off of some veterans.

good point d-bol..but i knew i lost power but didnt know how much until i rode a complete stock busa.

Back