got smoked by another busa and a zx-10

(xzvs @ Oct. 22 2006,19:50)
(Greg B @ Oct. 22 2006,16:01) Yes. Having the carbs out of sync will make a world of difference.
I see the problem -- someone stole your fuel injection and put on carbs  
rock.gif
I thought I'd be the only one to notice...

Are you sure they're stock and slightly modded? Just because they say they are don't mean its true.

Come to think of it, there should be no way the "stock" busa should have walked you like that if you have a 43T in the rear. How much do you guys weigh?

Think about rear tire wear.
If it's a half spent tire you will be getting more wheel spin than you think or feel.

i tried the switching bike thing also...and yes, i was smoked my own bike on his bike..sad to say. so i guess thats my winter projects. Oh the guy on the other busa...outweighs me.

Sync the throttle bodies. Yes, it makes a big difference in performance. It should have been don elong before 15,000 miles.

(riironman @ Oct. 23 2006,07:38) i tried the switching bike thing also...and yes, i was smoked my own bike on his bike..sad to say. so i guess thats my winter projects. Oh the guy on the other busa...outweighs me.
He outweighs you, you have shorter gearing, and he still managed to beat you? Somethin' ain't right ...

Lots of things come to mind....
Slip-ons could be hurting your performance!
Clutch might be a little worn, doesn't take much to lose a couple of hundreths..
Both bikes equal on fuel? Every little bit is going to add up..
All the other things in combination with one another equals big loss of power/time in the qtr...

TB synch should be done about every 7,000 miles. Sooner if you can feel 'em going out on you at all.

--Wag--

mine has been feeling slugish also but I know its time for valves to be set mine have really started chattering very quickly like they are gettin loose got a mechanic lined up to do it so she is sittin in my shop and not riding her till its done(better safe than sorry), got new airfilter,sparkplugs waitin also and I'm at 16000 miles

(onerabidshark @ Oct. 23 2006,10:55) mine has been feeling slugish also but I know its time for valves to be set  mine have really started chattering very quickly like they are gettin loose got a mechanic lined up to do it so she is sittin in my shop and not riding her till its done(better safe than sorry), got new airfilter,sparkplugs waitin also  and I'm at 16000 miles
Valves will get tighter if not adjusted....
smile.gif

(riironman @ Oct. 22 2006,16:01) i was told a power commander wouldnt do much of a difference on slip ons
A fuel programmer of any type will help your bolt-ons ALOT. My Cobra pc made a BIG diff with my Viper race bolt-ons. That and a BMC filter with your 43 toother should spice things up nicely.
BTW...have you checked/changed your air filter lately? Thats an often forgotten but bigtime power robber when its real dirty.

Its the special paint that the 06 Busa's have. Very, very fast. Just wait for the transparent paint on the 08's. They will be so fast you wont even see them.

(tjdobb @ Oct. 23 2006,16:19) Its the special paint that the 06 Busa's have. Very, very fast. Just wait for the transparent paint on the 08's. They will be so fast you wont even see them.
I am afraid I need to agree with this opinion.

JET_A__Small_.jpg

(ks-waterbug @ Oct. 23 2006,12:34)
(onerabidshark @ Oct. 23 2006,10:55) mine has been feeling slugish also but I know its time for valves to be set mine have really started chattering very quickly like they are gettin loose got a mechanic lined up to do it so she is sittin in my shop and not riding her till its done(better safe than sorry), got new airfilter,sparkplugs waitin also and I'm at 16000 miles
Valves will get tighter if not adjusted....
smile.gif
+1

(onerabidshark @ Oct. 23 2006,10:55) mine has been feeling slugish also but I know its time for valves to be set  mine have really started chattering very quickly like they are gettin loose got a mechanic lined up to do it so she is sittin in my shop and not riding her till its done(better safe than sorry), got new airfilter,sparkplugs waitin also  and I'm at 16000 miles
You should have the checked at 15,000, but I don't know of anyone who actually needed to adjust them at that mileage. I'm sure someone will chime in here.

Back