Got Luci back from the shop

oh..and ps....riding like this...

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/AlbumSlideshow.aspx?a=324283

in the wet!

06FBASH8.jpg

06FBASH9.jpg

06FBASH10.jpg

L8R, Bill.
You going to make the Spring Bash? Hopefully I'll get to one where it doesn't rain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Luci's finally home again.  While she was in the shop I had 1" raising links put in the rear and 1.0 springs in the forks.  She is still running like crap above 8,500 RPM.  The problem isn't in the fuel system.  The dealer is stumped.  They think it has something to do with having the cans drilled.  But it only cost $35 for the fuel system check, so not too bad.

An unexpected side effect of the front spring swap is it raised the front of the bike about 1/2".  I don't know if I should keep it there, or drop the forks the 1/2".  

Any suggestions on the big loss of power over 8,500 RPM or whether I should lower the front back to stock height with the 1.0 springs would be appreciated.
Why don't you simply have your bike put on a dyno?
rock.gif
?? Simply seeing the HC, NOx's, etc... could quickly send you to the problem.
hello.gif

Short of that, if the bike is not missing,then it probably is related to fuel somehow. Good luck

My fuel gremlin was a tough little buger to finally get figured out.... RPM got it done but I completely redid my fuel system. It was the double wammy, 99-00 fuel problems from the factory coupled with ECU gremlin. But, persistance paid off and you know how that 1397 loves to run now. I'd take it to Steve and get er done... There is nothing worse than not being able to ride your bike to its full potential. He's right shouldn't be a big deal.

I'll most likey put her on the trailer and take her to Smithers. I'm working on a deal for a new (to me) exhaust system, so she'll need a dyno tune anyway.

breaking up at 8.5k rpms.

I would check the plug gap, then coils, then cam timing. Then if all was good I would swap ECU's.
Thans, but that will be work done by a pro.
you just had it looked at by a "pro".

Work on your own bike and you will enjoy it more, and be able to notice problems before they become severe ones.

Checking cam timing is about the most involved thing I have mentioned. Your Suzuki tool kit can get you into the plugs, so not having tools isn't an excuse. Spark plug gages can be had for under $10.

I am willing to bet you got miss gapped plugs or bad coils. I would lean to the plugs because you said they were new. You'd be shocked how many "intelligent" people believe that plugs come pregapped.

Just from my own experience. I have had the same symptoms with my 03 a couple of times, the problem ended up being the screen/filter on the fuel pump was clogged with sediment from bad gas I was getting from a older gas station. Its easy to check just remove the fuel pump from the tank and on the bottom of the pump their is a small filter. Clean it. It can't hurt to try it.

I would check the plug gap, then coils, then cam timing. Then if all was good I would swap ECU's.

Work on your own bike and you will enjoy it more, and be able to notice problems before they become severe ones.

Checking cam timing is about the most involved thing I have mentioned. Your Suzuki tool kit can get you into the plugs, so not having tools isn't an excuse. Spark plug gages can be had for under $10.

I am willing to bet you got miss gapped plugs or bad coils. I would lean to the plugs because you said they were new. You'd be shocked how many "intelligent" people believe that plugs come pregapped.
It started happening with the old plugs. The new plugs made no difference. Maybe you enjoy wrenching more, but I'd rather have someone else deal with the problems. I had the dealer look at it. I think its time to put it in the hands of a good tuner.

It started happening with the old plugs. The new plugs made no difference. Maybe you enjoy wrenching more, but I'd rather have someone else deal with the problems. I had the dealer look at it. I think its time to put it in the hands of a good tuner.
If you decide to do it yourself and the weather ever gets better, you can run it out to my house and throw my exhaust on, then switch tanks out and see if that works. Should eliminate the pump and exhaust question. Probably easiest way to test it.

just wait until the roads get better...i just got in from a 1 1/2 hour ride (couldn't take sitting in the house any more) and those roads are slick!!! (and it's cold too
laugh.gif
)

let me know if there is anything i can do to help
beerchug.gif

Soon as the weather improves, my baby is on the way to Mr. Smithers. Dyno tune, and exhaust leak fix. The generic map supplied with my Brock/Hindle pipe is less than expected. I want warp speed Skotty !

IMG_0213__Medium_.JPG

For those interested, Luci is fixed. Faulty fuel pump and regulator.Now the mods begin
muscle.gif
Think that's what we all thought. Crazy that the dealership couldn't fix it. Leave it to the Busa Doctor!
ThumbsUp.gif
Well,it wasnt as easy to diagnose as thought.The fuel pressure was at 42psi when starting,running ,& riding around ,wich is good.We gave the bike a complete check-over of all electronic sensors,the ecu,fuel injection,coils,compression,charging system,and cam timing before taking a closer look at the pump again.When applying a load to the bike using the dyno,the fuel pressure dropped to about 10psi,not good.New pump assy fixed it.At least we know everything else tests good.

Back