Got me in the mood...

SnapAttack

Donating Member
Registered
Got the baby back with new 1.0 springs... took me 15 minutes to go and get her and 2 hours to make it home... love it at 245 lbs. Anyway... found this...

watch the guy at the end going through traffic... insame.

Last edited by a moderator:
lurk.gif

Have you done the rear yet? Might as well make it a complete set! I remember when I did the fronts, the rear would step out on me a bit in fast corners. Did the rear and solved that problem on the spot.

Just a thought. Happy riding!!

--Wag--

How were you running your front suspention before you did the upgrade, stock ? The reason I ask is I'm 240 lbs. also, and I'm wondering if I should adjust my front now, or just leave them the way they came until I get the cash to have heavier springs put in ? If I do adjust the settings don't I run the risk of damaging the seals ?

How much change is there ?

How were you running your front suspention before you did the upgrade, stock ? The reason I ask is I'm 240 lbs. also, and I'm wondering if I should adjust my front now, or just leave them the way they came until I get the cash to have heavier springs put in ? If I do adjust the settings don't I run the risk of damaging the seals ?

I did Jinkster's thread on suspension and it helped. Search it or I will look for it later as I just got home.

Whether to do or not to do depends on your riding style IMO. I ride semi-aggressive twisties in the hill country.

Have you done the rear yet?  Might as well make it a complete set!  I remember when I did the fronts, the rear would step out on me a bit in fast corners.  Did the rear and solved that problem on the spot.

Just a thought.  Happy riding!!

--Wag--
I was thinking the same thing but she is planting well. Only issue I have now seems to be the tires. I went with 2CT and love the grip but they have a thinner sidewall and act "squishee" when I'm really pushing her... feels like I'm riding on cotten balls sometimes in the leans.

I was thinking the same thing but she is planting well. Only issue I have now seems to be the tires. I went with 2CT and love the grip but they have a thinner sidewall and act "squishee" when I'm really pushing her... feels like I'm riding on cotten balls sometimes in the leans.
I thought the 2cts have a heavier sidewall than the pwrpilots. Could it be your tire pressure? (here we go again!)I know the pilots have slipped on me-even today- and I wasn't really hittin it hard.runnin 38cold. They are no comparison to the power races.

I thought the 2cts have a heavier sidewall than the pwrpilots. Could it be your tire pressure? (here we go again!)I know the pilots have slipped on me-even today- and I wasn't really hittin it hard.runnin 38cold. They are no comparison to the power races.
I don't think they are slipping. Don't know. Still have great throttle control. Still got strips. Running 38psi F/R. I was running 36psi with same problem.

I did Jinkster's thread on suspension and it helped. Search it or I will look for it later as I just got home.

Whether to do or not to do depends on your riding style IMO. I ride semi-aggressive twisties in the hill country.
I just started to get into the twisty's last spring, and as I push it a little, (and I mean LITTLE) it feels like there's alot of movement up front ? This may even be normal ?

SEMI-AGRESSIVE ? Not what I heard !!
race.gif
jump9.gif

I just started to get into the twisty's last spring, and as I push it a little, (and I mean LITTLE) it feels like there's alot of movement up front ? This may even be normal ?

SEMI-AGRESSIVE ? Not what I heard !!
race.gif

jump9.gif
As far as your movement... that could be a few things. Try here and decide if you want to do it yourself or not. Personally, his adjustement helped me out a bunch and a lot of members have used it. However, I recently got dialed in by a race shop with new springs and must say...  
ohsnap1.gif

https://www.hayabusa.org/forums/?act=ST;f=47;t=30985;hl=suspension

Back