Luci's home again!

BusaWhipped

Donating Member
Registered
For those who don't know, Luci spent the 6 weeks that I was in India at Smithers Customs. She was having problems generating power above 8,500 RPM. The dealer couldn't find the problem, so I took it to the motorcycle doctor. They found the plastic housing that holds the fuel pump in the assembly had cracked and was causing the fuel pressure to bleed off. A new fuel pump assembly cured the problem.

Once she was running fine again, I had Steve tear her apart. New full HMF 4-2-1 high mount exhaust system, pair valve removal, airbox mod, Power Commander, new clutch, new timing chain. While he was in there, he threw in all new vacuum lines and fixed the oil pan. It seems that the dealer doesn't believe in crush washers and had ruined the threads over the course of 14 oil changes by over torquing the bolt.

After she was back together, Steve put her up on the dyno and gave her a good tune. 162 rwhp (+11) and 98 ft# torque (+5) now. Steve even gave her a bath and shined her all up before I got there. Because of just returning from India and my work schedule, I was not able to pick Luci up during their normal business hours. Steve opened up the shop on his day off so I could get her this weekend.

If you are thinking about having any work done to your bike, give Steve a call at Smithers Customs. It was well worth hauling the bike from St. Louis to Kansas City to get the level of professionalism, expertise, and customer service that they provide.

You can see Luci and the other Smithers Customs customer bikes here.
http://www.smithersstore.com/photo_a....0&pos=3

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Bam... Now that is customer service!
beerchug.gif

Congrats on getting Luci back and running, looking forward to seeing her/you at the MNG.
Will be visiting da man this spring, just trying to figure out which exhaust I want.

Glad you made it back, Dennis, and as always Steven takes care of his customers!

The Crew @ Smithers Customs are Excellent people to deal with, Steve knows his BUSA'S like the back of his hand.
beerchug.gif

Glad your home bud! Sorry I wasn't able to get away and have lunch with you and the Mrs. I know you can't wait to get out and try your bike out, but you better wait till it warms up some. See you in a little more than 60 Days!
laugh.gif

Glad to here she's all fixed up Dennis.. That girl is shining bright..

ThumbsUp.gif
For the Busa Doctor..

Glad you are back (bet you are too) Sounds like you got good treatment on the bike!
thumb_up.gif

Hey Dennis,
Isn't it nice to be with the one you love again. Too bad this weather won't cooperate so we St Louis Busa riders can get out and have some fun. Yeah I'm from here too and this winter really sucks so far. Last one was much better.
My baby is all shined up and I can't wait to hit the streets flying too.
We will have to hook up when it warms up and burn some asphalt.
I have a friend (girl type) that raced a Harley Destroyer last year, and we had a fun bet about a grudge race as soon as we met again. She even told me she would spot me a srcond (which was about right; she turns 9.16 sec @ 146 mph) Anyway now she is kidding me about having to get a turbo, a big one, because she just went Pro Stock with a Buell. It runs around & flat@ 200 mph.
Oh well, back to reality....She is a real cool chick. www.ValerieThompsonRacing.com Last year she ran #3 in the whole Country in the Destroyer class. This year she will have some tough competition in the NHRA Pro Stock class.
Jim

IMG_6991_2__resized__191_kb.jpg

glad you and Luci both made it home safely
beerchug.gif
looking forward to riding with you soon

Back