Luci's home!!!

BusaWhipped

Donating Member
Registered
Got Luci this morning and put about 100 miles on her before work. Huge difference. It's not like riding a kangaroo any more. I am surprised that the highway ride isn't harsh considering the suspension is built for the track. Ken did build the perfect suspension.

He softened up the rear and stiffened up the front along with changing the valving. With both ends working together properly, she really just glides along. You feel the imperfections in the road, but hopefully it will beat me up less than the worn out out of sync stuff did.

Now I just need to get back to a track. Hallet next week is not looking like it will happen :cry: .

16143_1075355544187_1835178519_151693_2795772_n.jpg

Good deal Dennis.

Nothing better than a sweet suspension. NOTHING!

I much prefer sweet suspension over HP every day of the week! :beerchug:

Actually HP without suspension is useless in my view.

it looks like it's time for some new rotors or are they just dirty :poke:

What did you have done to the suspension? front: valve, spring, oil, and seals? Looks like the it's weeping a little. What was done to the rear?

Front is ohlins valves, needles, and midvalves with 1.1 springs. The seals are new and should settle. Rear is the ohlins shock with hydraulic adjuster I already had that Ken resprung to match my weight better. I'm not sure the spring rate without looking at the paperwwork.

The rotors just came off a weekend a Barber with a bike that wasn't handling worth a crap, they took quite a beating. I used up 3/4 of a set of HH pads in 2 days. I have a street set of rotors to put back on.

Last edited:
Full Ohlins front & rear :drooling3:
Hope they're strapped tight on Luci....they might disappear when I see you in two weeks :whistle: :laugh:

Glad you got it done Dennis. A mod that makes a huge difference and impacts the bike in such a positive way. Enjoy!

Hey Dennis, did he just rework the suspension or did he do a little adjusting with you ?

Great news and congrats on time and money VERY well spent. :beerchug:

He did the full setup with me on the bike after she was back together.

Ken is THE MAN and seems to follow STT around to track days, in that environment if you dont know your game, you wont last. When he steps onto the podium at the morning riders meetings.... people applaud and that has been the case since I started track days. Dennis if he set you up, you have a real good starting point from which to tinker (or just leave it be)! Wish I could go Ohlins front back on both of my boys....

Yes, Luci was screaming down the front stretch, matter of fact.... Kevin is still jokingly upset that we flanked him at the corner exit of the final turn and blew by him (you on one side, me on the other) as we went down the straight! Whats worse, we got a pic of it! His bike (Pink) is still at my house undergoing repairs from his lowside and yes, we loosened his fairing decals a bit:rofl:

Hats off BW, glad Luci is straight!

Ride Safe and I hope to see you soon my friend!

Back