Goodbye to the good ol' USA

Lalo86

Registered
As i sit here in my home waiting on the New Years to get here, i am not as joyful as everybody else, see back on December 14 my fiance got pulled over in Cobb County, Ga for an improper lane change, not using her turn signal, and is still incarcerated; unfortunately she is from Uruguay, South America; the problem is she came here when she was a child on a visa to visit and her family ended up staying here which makes her illegally here, she is 21 right now. Now im not going to start ranting on how messed up the laws are because the immigration subject is a touchy one and everybody has their opinion on it and i myself am a mexican american born in Los Angeles, Cali so people are going to say that my opinion is bias so lets just avoid that. It does suck however that she is going thru this considering that she has never committed any crime before, graduated high school with honors and when i first met her was working 3 jobs to pay for her college because she had to pay international fees. Fortunately i am doing okay considering the economy right now and when i first started dating her almost 3 years ago i've been helping her pay her schooling. At 24 years old I consider myself stable enough for the next step so i asked her to marry me 2 months ago, ready to live the American dream i guess you can say...and then, this happens...i have some of the best legal help in charge of her case but theres still a good chance she will get deported; so of course i have decided to leave with her if that does happen...to be honest with you, even if she gets out of this and i can begin the process of legalizing my wife, we have agreed that we no longer would like to live here. Her family has decided that no matter what the outcome is they will be leaving in less than 6 months. Before all this happened my mother & father had already decided to move to Spain because they dont like what this country has become and the the way its being run and they dont see the US fixing itself anytime soon. I sat down with my closest buddies and they agree its time to leave, 2 of them are leaving to Canada, 1 to Brazil, another 1 like my parents is going to Spain and a couple we know is leaving to Australia. I have already sold properties and other things [like the Busas =(] and with all my savings included im leaving here with 7 figures. I know she broke the law under alot of peoples eyes but theres no way to avoid being angry and hurt at my country, thats just how i feel and nobody can change that for me. So with them deporting 1 person they are actually kicking multiply people out, i love her and of course im going with her. I will know next Friday what the outcome will be; so i dont know if im going to stay in Uruguay or follow my family to Spain, all i know is that im ready, at 24, to start a new chapter in my life somewhere else. Happy New Years to all, stay safe, and keep a look out for pics of my next Busa wherever i am, I GOTTA HAVE THE BUSA MAN :lol: God Bless

well good luck. keep the site in mind. hope all works out for you.

the problem is she came here when she was a child on a visa to visit and her family ended up staying here which makes her illegally here

It does suck however that she is going thru this considering that she has never committed any crime before

That first quote cancels out the second one. - She has been committing a crime for the entire time she has been in America illegally, and she knows it.

I do think it's a bit rough for them to deport her now, especially if you were planning to get married. Couldn't you get married in Uruguay/wherever and then take her back to the U.S. with you?

I do think it's a bit rough for them to deport her now, especially if you were planning to get married. Couldn't you get married in Uruguay/wherever and then take her back to the U.S. with you?
Like i said, touchy subject the immigration one, you would think they would like to keep all the intelligent people here but hey, thats just my opinion...we can get married over there and that option is still on the table for her, my decision is with whatever she decides on, but theres some ban, i forgot the name of it, that if she get hit with that it would ban her from the US anywhere from 5-10 years, i mean we are pretty much dead set on our decision to leave but we would like the option to visit the friends who are here in the US...what annoys me is that the laws arent the same for every country, my attorneys actually told me that if she was mexican and crossed the border ILLEGALLY she would have been out in a week on immigration bond, im telling you its very confusing smh

Probably not anymore Rainbow. I'm sure if they actually deport her, they won't let her back for a while... She did commit a crime though. And how did she even get a drivers license without even a visa? I'm wondering what other things she has been doing illegally...

Sent from my HTC EVO 4g using Tapatalk.

Probably not anymore Rainbow. I'm sure if they actually deport her, they won't let her back for a while... She did commit a crime though. And how did she even get a drivers license without even a visa? I'm wondering what other things she has been doing illegally...

Sent from my HTC EVO 4g using Tapatalk.
Besides driving without a license, nothing...always did her taxes with a tax id, just worked and went to school, employer knew her situation but since shes ALOT more qualified than most people he hired her anywhere.

Lalo, I'm proud of this country, even went to war for it.....but our immigration system is really messed up and both sides of the liberal/conservative isle have posponed, procrastinated, lied and become whores for who writes the biggest checks for them, NEVER doing anything reasonable or meaningful about the immigration debacle. I am so sorry for your pain and wish you the best of luck, especially with your relationship! Please get another Busa and get back to us from the Costa del Sol! Doyle

i dont think i would go saying that all over the net. They are cracking down on employers really badly

Lalo, I'm proud of this country, even went to war for it.....but our immigration system is really messed up and both sides of the liberal/conservative isle have posponed, procrastinated, lied and become whores for who writes the biggest checks for them, NEVER doing anything reasonable or meaningful about the immigration debacle. I am so sorry for your pain and wish you the best of luck, especially with your relationship! Please get another Busa and get back to us from the Costa del Sol! Doyle
Im right there with you, love this country without a doubt, i too would have joined the service but unfortunately diabetes run in my family and i was diagnosed with it early so i couldnt. I just look at it like im moving and starting off fresh and ill be sure to take some nice Busa shots wherever im at :thumbsup:

i dont think i would go saying that all over the net. They are cracking down on employers really badly
Funny thing is her employer is moving his company to Canada by summer of next year so im sure he's fine and to my knowledge she was the only 1 i believe.

I hate my situation in life but still love the great USA. When other People's from other Countrys STOP trying to come here................Then I will be Worried ???

Robert

Your a 24 year old millionaire. Yeah the U.S.A. sucks doesnt it. No opportunities here. Why did she want to come here in the first place? It's a terrible place. Sorry your both stuck here. Pay your taxes on the way out. Ours have been paying for her since she got here.

Don't want to get involved in the politics of this thread, only share my experience. I have done business in the USA since 1983, as well a several other countries, so I have an experienced opinion about life around the globe. In 2001 I came to live here permanently and followed all the rules, they were more than fair, in 2006 I became a US Citizen. I am proud to be an American.

Sorry things did not work out for you, but trust me, did this happen in a number of other 1st world countries, things would have been much worse for you.

Your a 24 year old millionaire. Yeah the U.S.A. sucks doesnt it. No opportunities here. Why did she want to come here in the first place? It's a terrible place. Sorry your both stuck here. Pay your taxes on the way out. Ours have been paying for her since she got here.
Its okay bro, i understand y you're mad but my money came from my father who did in fact become a citizen back in 83 but trust me when i say it was wayyyyyy easier to become one back then, to the person that said they became one in 5 years, you were lucky buddy, i have a friend that i consider a brother that is 25 and has been here for 23 years, do the math; he even went back to mexico like they instructed him and nada; your taking what im saying the wrong way, i am talking about the current state of this nation and to be honest with you, if you think its okay to kick out intelligent people that work harder than somebody with the paperwork, that has to work 3 jobs to pay INTERNATIONAL fees(go to any website for any college institution and check out the difference) then you sir have the same mentality that is driving our great country to lose all influence and power in this world and last time i checked there was never an illegal immigrant in charge of these companies that screwed us with the jobs and loans and everything else, but hey, what do i know right, im just a 24 year old mexican millionaire that hates this country for no reason right...and i get it, its the law, yeah I've heard that hundreds of time, and as much as i love where i grew up, i love her more...so u can keep with your judgements about how she is a criminal...all i know is wherever i end up, whe somebody ask's me where im from im going to say, the good ol' USA :thumbsup:

Thanks guys for talking with me :thumbsup: and for those who are worrying about it, dont worry, i payed all my credit cards off as well as hers and any other debts i owed, gotta make sure i do everything by the book. Everyone have a happy new year, ride safe, enjoy the Busas cause at least we can all agree that its the best bike out there:bowdown: Much luv & respect and ill make sure and post some new Busa pics in the future. Cheers :beerchug:

Funny thing is her employer is moving his company to Canada by summer of next year so im sure he's fine and to my knowledge she was the only 1 i believe.

What makes ya we want them.???

RSD. Canada :welcome:

No more imigrants please :please:

:laugh:

Back