Good ride gone bad........

GSXTacy

Mr. January
Donating Member
Registered
So Sunday night Pops Roos (Doyle) and another friend of ours on a busa (Kevin, who better be signing in on here soon) go for a ride after the sun went down. I was just a slow cruise out to a friend of mines house about 20 miles away, we were on chill status for shure. The 100+ degree weather had been kickin' our buts.

We were only about a mile from Doyles house on the way back when my world almost changed forever.

We make a right hand turn and head up a small hill in a staggered formation, Doyle in front, me, then Kevin. The Geo Tracker that was in front of us slowed down and pulls over to the the right side of the road. He was still rolling so we assumed he wanted us to pass him and we had plenty of room to do so. When I rolled by him I was going to give a wave, we were on a 30 mph road going 40 at the max. We I went by he was flipping me the bird and did the same to Kevin. Shortly after that we come up to a stop sign. I looked at Doyle and said "did you see that moron flipping us off?" Doyle didnt see it but Kevin did. I kind of turned around to the guy who was parked behind us at the sign and threw my hands up and gave him the WTF look. At that point we were almost to Doyles and was not going to let this moron ruin a good ride so I pulled away from the stop sign, Doyle and Kevin following in formation.

I gets crazy now. I look in my mirror and see the idiot with his brights on riding Kevins ass then a second later he splits between Doyle and Kevin in the formation and comes right at me and tried to force me off the side of the road. I saw him coming and got on the binders hard to avoid getting hit. I forced me to within about 2 or 3 inches of the curb. Now I have worked in an Illinois state prison for 10 years now and have never been this pissed off this fast. This guy was going to get hurt. He took of for a second but when he saw the three of us closing on him he hit the brakes hard to try to get us to rear end him. He stopped in the middle of the road with Kevin and I on either side and Doyle in the back. He also had 3 or 4 cars behind us that saw the whole thing. Now this moron is waving a baseball bat at us. I didnt care, I had a helmet on! Those of you that have met me know that im not a liitle guy. Some people met Kevin at the Des Moines ride last year. Hes the big black dude in the pictures. Big as in bigger than me. The guy saw us get off the bikes and hauled ass. I told Kevin that this guy wasnt getting away with that, lets run him down.

For the next 30-40 minutes this moron was driving around town with us in tow. He never really was speeding to bad but would slow down for red lights and stop signs then blow through them. He was going down gravel alleys and making abrupt lane changes. We kept a safe distance back and i was repeating the license number over and over. He went to a gas station looking for some help I guess. We saw a guy there and I told him to call the cops that this just tried to run us off the road. The moron took off again. He finally got caught behind some traffic at a light and I pulled up next to him. I told him to go to the police station or go to the hospital, its his choice. He took off again heading to the police station about 5 miles away still blowing lights and signs.

Eventually he made it to the station. There was a cop out front and we told him what had happened. He was immediatly arrested the moron for DUI. We did some paper work and talked to the officers who were awsome. I know some of them from working as an LEO so it worked to my advantage. One of the officers told the moron. That was brilliant, now you were messing with one of us and you just may be begging that guy (me) for some toilet paper while your sitting in the cell in the cellhouse that he works in. The guys head just dropped. Classic.

As it stands now, I have an appointment with the states attorneys office on Thursday. For now they are the Rock Island Ill. police department is charging him with DUI. We have charged him with wreckless conduct wich is a class A misdemenor in Illinois. But on the phone, the S.A. said that there were some calls from the cars that witnessed him trying to run us off the road and if any of them will testify they charge him with assault W/deadly weapon, a felony. I will keep you posted. Ride safe.

Man.... thats jacked up.
Glad you are all ok and that the moron got what he deserves.. at least for the night.
I hate idiots like that.

OMG...what a story.What a freakin looser!!

I told him to go to the police station or go to the hospital, [/QUOTE]
Ha,LOL...that is a good one!!
In my old days,he wouldn't have gotten a choice,that's classic.

Glad you guys didn't get hurt run over from this moron...
beerchug.gif

Man.... thats jacked up.
Glad you are all ok and that the moron got what he deserves.. at least for the night.
I hate idiots like that.
The bad thing is, we dont even know what set him off. I hope to find out later. Doyle thinks it might me my headlight. I put the silverstar bulb in and it is BRIGHT. Doyle says he thinks I should adjust it down a little bit. I have been riding this bulb for 2 months now and no one have ever said anything to me about it. I sure hope he had a better reason than a bright headlight.

OMG...what a story.What a freakin looser!!

I told him to go to the police station or go to the hospital,
Ha,LOL...that is a good one!!
In my old days,he wouldn't have gotten a choice,that's classic.

Glad you guys didn't get hurt run over from this moron...
beerchug.gif
[/QUOTE]
My job was a big factor here. I was hoping he would get out and come to me, then its self defense.

Chris... glad things went okay. I hope this guy gets what he deserves!

WOW...glad it turned out good, but keep us posted if more charges get applied to this A-hole!!

that guy is the mayor of loserville!!!, glad things worked out and that yall are ok. i hope the state nails him to the wall. there was no excuse for what he did. should have known it was another drunk!!!!!!!

I'm just glad he didn't hurt any of the riders...drunk drivers always hurt others before they hurt themselves...what an idiot! LOL

Great story, so glad it worked out in your favor
wink.gif
Too bad you don't have some pics of the guy so we can all point and laugh...
biggrin.gif

I'm just glad he didn't hurt any of the riders...drunk drivers always hurt others before they hurt themselves...what an idiot!  LOL  

Great story, so glad it worked out in your favor
wink.gif
 Too bad you don't have some pics of the guy so we can all point and laugh...
biggrin.gif
Give me a little time, this guy has to have a mug shot and Ive got a lot of friends at the county jail! LOL

Dayum Chris, I read the title and thought "now what did that silly bastid do to get himself locked up?" Then I read Doyle was involved and thought it was bad indeed...
laugh.gif

Glad things went in your favor. Azzhats are bad enough, but drunk ones are even worse!

I like the PD or Hospital line. May have to delete the "R"s and use it again!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Chris, I'm glad you handled this the way you guys did. Had your dad been with you however, I think the guy who did that may have been given one less option! The main thing is you guys are ok.

whoops

<!--EDIT|GSXTacy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154459420 -->

Wow, that's some freaky sh*t there.  My first guess was he's probably pissed about your lights.  I typically ride on high beams myself unless directly behind someone.  

But on occassion, when travelling, I'll carry a personal hand weapon of my own, especially on weekend nights, and if he still would have come at me w/ a bat or an automobile (both considered deadly weapons) he likely would have been down for good.  Just be glad he didn't have a handgun.  Those people are out there and most think it will never happen to them.

Not sure about ILL, but in FL the law has changed where you do not have to attempt to run away before using deadly force against an imminent threat of serious bodily harm or death.

Glad you did what you did.  Likely I would have given him the finger right back and sped off.  If he decided to follow me w/ intent...well that's how stupid drunk people get killed.  Sometimes those a-holes just aren't worth your time.

<!--EDIT|Over_Easy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154457468 -->

H_K.jpg

Back