Good Lord guys, be safe and wear your gear..

I can understand why with all the reckless,non-law abiding white busa riders around here. Just flat out ridiculous I tell you. :moon:

Gear?:whistle: I seen a guy riding a blue.... ohh wait... green..... no thats not it more like a baby chit green sport bike with no riding jacket on... I have a clean drivers record, meaning no moving violations in the past hmmm not going to jinx myself. :moon:

It seems like there have been more fatal motorcycle wrecks everywhere this year than usual. There have been several in my area latley. I lost a friend two months ago when she crashed her Harley. She was wearing a full face DOT helment but was a fairly new rider. Maybe there are just more people riding now that are new to motorcycling than there used to be.

It was a beautiful weekend here in Virginia. I rode over 600 miles. I'm not a "Gear Nazi"... I don't care if you wreck without gear. But for goodness sakes what are people thinking? Where is the self preservation gene in the motorcycle riders pool? I bet 50% of the folks I saw riding didn't have what I consider minimal gear. Virginia requires helmets - but come on!!! no long pants, no gloves, no proper footware, t-shirts, and many wearing their regular ole Ray Bans and some without any eye protection at all with skull cap helmets. Many of these folks are "motorcycle owners" not "motorcycle riders" and haven't been out since the weather dipped into the 70's last september. I know their skills are rusty but still they act like they're as safe as a bug in a rug and got it all figured out.

I saw many passengers (many young girls) with no gear except helmets. This is inexcusable. If you wreck that passenger is literally going to be scared for life and that's the good outcome. I don't care if you injure or kill yourself but I do care about passengers that may not fully understand the dangers.

As a side note with respect to proper gear. I took what I believe was a rock to my visor this weekend. Didn't see it coming at all - but it rang my bell and left a one inch blemish and a tiny crack in the middle of the damage - right about cheek high. I suspect it would have left a huge gash, taken out an eye or even perhaps knocked me out cold. Don't get the skull cap helmet thing???

PM Sent!! :poke:

Back