Two riders down in Tulsa

Getting a flat on a bike can go real bad. Ask me how I know.

This article again makes me think I should drop a line to Pashnit and get some tire pressure alarm/indicator goodies.

This can happen to any of us.

Been there! It really sucks, seems like the monitoring system could save lives. :(

Good point Pardini. Two riders are dead and that's a fact, and it's a sad fact regardless of the reasons.

prayers sent for everyone involved!

on a side note, my TPMS has already saved me twice and i've only had it on for less than a year...thanks Pashnit! :beerchug:

I would have to agree w Semi on that..

How can anyone with out knowing any of the circumstances or variables of what transpired make any statement of fault? I can't understand why these threads always turn in to a blame game based solely on conjecture and zero facts. To top that people even add in their own facts ie: the Jeep driver was using a cell phone.

Even if you were there as a witness you may not see the whole picture. It may not even be true that the tire lost air. Who knows? Certainly no one here.

It would be just as ridiculous to say that it was the Riders fault for having a thread bare tire. Or that the woman was so fat she blew out the tire or that her husband wanted her dead so he requested the ride for her and slit the tire. Maybe he stumbled in front of the truck because he was drunk.

How about putting your crack pipe down and reading and understanding post before flaming the crap out of me Par. I stand by every word in my post sir.

They had a blowout on a Harley,(tube) high speed wobble, went down, and the other vehicle ran over them (it was dark)......Kieth

They had a blowout on a Harley,(tube) high speed wobble, went down, and the other vehicle ran over them (it was dark)......Kieth

More reason to use tubeless tires. Yes, I know they have spokes and need to use a tube. Tubeless tires are safer because a puncture in a tubeless tire more often than not creates a slow leak while with a tube it loses air quite rapidly.

Back