Going to pass on joining B.A.C.A at this time

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
I was gung ho and really wanted to join up and do my part...but I've given it some serious thought and there are several reasons I'm going to pass. Nothing against the organization at all. To me,it's a great cause. There are several factors that played a part in my decision.
First and foremost is the ability of the riders in my local chapter. On the last ride the members were pulling out and getting into their normal spots in the pack. Road captain front-left,pres front right...then the exec...etc. Road captain directs me to a spot 4 or 5 back.I have no problem with this...its not a race. Well beside me pulls up some dude. OK,we're off. It takes me about 30 seconds to figure out this guy rides like shi7. He has minimal skillz due to either being a fairly new rider,or,he just cant ride. We've all seen it...some guys have been riding for 20 years and you wonder how in the fug they are still alive to this day.Other riders have been at it for 2 weeks and can ride past you like you are standing still. Some have natural ability...some do not. You can teach just about anybody to do something,anything,but you can't make them good at it.This fuggin clown just plain sukks. He's on/off the throttle.He's gunning it when he thinks I've moved ahead,when I haven't. My front tire is 6 feet off the back tire of the rider in front of me. My line doesn't change in my half of the lane.Why is he gunning it? Does he think his Yammie V-Star is cool or fast? Dont try and impress me bro...yer gunning it beside a turbo Hayabusa.He weaves towards me,weaves away. Like come on buddy,just hold yer line. Then the rider in front of me takes the corner to sharp from a mall parking lot and drags his bagger's pipes over the edge of the sidewalk.
These "weekend warriors" are gonna crash...and when they do,they are gonna crash each other. I think its inevitable. I really dont have much fear...but my Busa is a big part of my life and I just don't think I want to risk it.A few bumps and bruises on me,no big deal. But trashing my beloved Busa. Ahhh no.

The second thing I don't care for is this "road name" krap. I don't mind a good nickname,most of us have had 1 or 2 are whole lives.When I joined the Org I tried to choose something that was a bit unique...but also had a message. I went with RubberSideDown because that is my wish for all bikers. It really is. Well then it got spun into RSD,Rubbah and now just Rubb. Rubb this,rub that...rub folks the wrong way. All kind of funny, kinda cool. I dont think I can accept the idea of some dudes I've known for 3 months giving me a handle that is to be attached to me for the rest of my riding life with this group.Pass.

3rd. My personality type. As some of you,who have known me for almost 20 years...sometimes Rubb does not "Work and Play well with others." Its who I am. When some twat gets in my face and starts spewing their own brand of verbal diarrhea, I have issue. Think,believe,do whatever you want...that doesn't mean I wanna hear about it. Calling me a "leather clad joke" is not a good idea.Trust me.Some people like to push buttons. When that happens,I push back...X10. The other thing with my personality is facing off against these "poor misunderstood,mis-guided,can't help themselves" child abusing scumbags.Again...love the cause...but not interested in a prison sentence of my own.

4th. The thing that rules the world. Cold hard cash. These guys will drop everything at a moments notice and ride fairly big distances incurring costs for fuel,hotels,meals,ferry rides,incidentals,etc. At this point in life,I just don't have it. Wish I did,but I don't,and that's reality.

....and now the dilemma. How to bow out. Should I email the chapter pres and tell him there are riders in his group that can't ride for shi7? I possed the question of legality when riding sidexside at the last meeting. Should I ask if they have dug into that? Should I mention my thoughts on the "road name" thing,offering up my opinion that its a fairly personal thing? Maybe the exec could put forward a few names,let a guy choose. 2 people got handed their road names at the last meeting. It was obvious...they were not impressed. I could also just not show up any more.
Your thoughts? Thanks as always,
Rubb.

I was gung ho and really wanted to join up and do my part...but I've given it some serious thought and there are several reasons I'm going to pass. Nothing against the organization at all. To me,it's a great cause. There are several factors that played a part in my decision.
First and foremost is the ability of the riders in my local chapter. On the last ride the members were pulling out and getting into their normal spots in the pack. Road captain front-left,pres front right...then the exec...etc. Road captain directs me to a spot 4 or 5 back.I have no problem with this...its not a race. Well beside me pulls up some dude. OK,we're off. It takes me about 30 seconds to figure out this guy rides like shi7. He has minimal skillz due to either being a fairly new rider,or,he just cant ride. We've all seen it...some guys have been riding for 20 years and you wonder how in the fug they are still alive to this day.Other riders have been at it for 2 weeks and can ride past you like you are standing still. Some have natural ability...some do not. You can teach just about anybody to do something,anything,but you can't make them good at it.This fuggin clown just plain sukks. He's on/off the throttle.He's gunning it when he thinks I've moved ahead,when I haven't. My front tire is 6 feet off the back tire of the rider in front of me. My line doesn't change in my half of the lane.Why is he gunning it? Does he think his Yammie V-Star is cool or fast? Dont try and impress me bro...yer gunning it beside a turbo Hayabusa.He weaves towards me,weaves away. Like come on buddy,just hold yer line. Then the rider in front of me takes the corner to sharp from a mall parking lot and drags his bagger's pipes over the edge of the sidewalk.
These "weekend warriors" are gonna crash...and when they do,they are gonna crash each other. I think its inevitable. I really dont have much fear...but my Busa is a big part of my life and I just don't think I want to risk it.A few bumps and bruises on me,no big deal. But trashing my beloved Busa. Ahhh no.

The second thing I don't care for is this "road name" krap. I don't mind a good nickname,most of us have had 1 or 2 are whole lives.When I joined the Org I tried to choose something that was a bit unique...but also had a message. I went with RubberSideDown because that is my wish for all bikers. It really is. Well then it got spun into RSD,Rubbah and now just Rubb. Rubb this,rub that...rub folks the wrong way. All kind of funny, kinda cool. I dont think I can accept the idea of some dudes I've known for 3 months giving me a handle that is to be attached to me for the rest of my riding life with this group.Pass.

3rd. My personality type. As some of you,who have known me for almost 20 years...sometimes Rubb does not "Work and Play well with others." Its who I am. When some twat gets in my face and starts spewing their own brand of verbal diarrhea, I have issue. Think,believe,do whatever you want...that doesn't mean I wanna hear about it. Calling me a "leather clad joke" is not a good idea.Trust me.Some people like to push buttons. When that happens,I push back...X10. The other thing with my personality is facing off against these "poor misunderstood,mis-guided,can't help themselves" child abusing scumbags.Again...love the cause...but not interested in a prison sentence of my own.

4th. The thing that rules the world. Cold hard cash. These guys will drop everything at a moments notice and ride fairly big distances incurring costs for fuel,hotels,meals,ferry rides,incidentals,etc. At this point in life,I just don't have it. Wish I did,but I don't,and that's reality.

....and now the dilemma. How to bow out. Should I email the chapter pres and tell him there are riders in his group that can't ride for shi7? I possed the question of legality when riding sidexside at the last meeting. Should I ask if they have dug into that? Should I mention my thoughts on the "road name" thing,offering up my opinion that its a fairly personal thing? Maybe the exec could put forward a few names,let a guy choose. 2 people got handed their road names at the last meeting. It was obvious...they were not impressed. I could also just not show up any more.
Your thoughts? Thanks as always,
Rubb.
I went thru a similar situation recently although it was a regular m.c. but I had some of the same issues as u. When we do group rides im always in the back because I don't trust many people and not many get the concept of my busa using a bit more of the lane in a turn. The road name is part of the culture and while occasionally if you come in with a nickname it may stick rarely does that work out and as u know a lot of times the names aren't great that are chosen. The riding thing could be addressed simply by asking to ride further back or to move the ones riding improper to the back (which should have been done anyway) but like u said if someone goes down there is still the chance that it takes others with them. In my case there was another situation that arose and being who I am and where I come from the one thing that means more to me then anything is respect and if i don't have it for a person I can't fake it or bring myself to be around that person and the prez invited someone I had recently washed my hands of into the club and because of some shall we say wrong steps he took he didn't have much of a chose but to prospect for them so as much as I felt a few of the guys I could feel great about calling my brothers it was just a sign i took that it wasn't meant for me to join. The best way would be just let them know you appreciate the consideration of you but after looking at everything you don't see it as something you can do at this point. Most clubs use club funds to some extent on trips but your still left fitting the bill for a lot so with you in your current situation let them know that plays a part as well. I say bow out gracefully and let them know you appreciate everything that way if you ever decided it was something you wanted to do later on the door is still open, at least that's the way I did it and it was understood by all why I did.

Read it all @Dopey and like and understand 98% of yer views.
Except when I read the idea of putting the krap riders in the back.
I don't want some shiddy rider on my azz going too fast,or being late on the brakes. This one guy that was beside me...ruined the whole ride for me. It was fun and all...especially lighting up the faces of the kids. I just dont think 2x2 pack riding is for everyone. I think I'm going to have to mention him specifically. I think I have an' obligation to my fellow riders. I wont make it all about the groups riding ability (or lack there of) but it is a factor that should be mentioned...I think. LOL. :banghead:
Thanks Dopey,brilliant as usual. :thumbsup:
"The Rubb"

An e-mail is fine. Some e-mails get spammed so put a read confirmation on it or send it to the top 3 people or such.

Thank them and complement the cause. Be succinct with your list of complaints so that they get the point and do not think you are whining like so many who just like to be heard. For example:

item #12) "While most of us held parade lines a couple were racing around us constantly. It does not take much for one rider to knock down 14 others. I simply do not feel safe as a result."

Sure mention the nicknames. Explain that you are adults now, and you noticed similar bad feelings among other members. "Why would you want to alienate anyone who is there to do good works?"

You should not hesitate to write a complaint in the spirit of "Here are good suggestions for you." Review your final letter, in the spirit of, not complaining, but helping them should they decide to take action with your suggestions.

Quick and easy: Just tell them that your situation has changed and you will no longer have the time available to dedicate to the group.

No specifics required.
That is true...but doesn't really sit well with me man. Its sort of a partial truth and thats not something I like to do.
I sure dont want to hear some krappy news one day that a pack of bikers,or even 1 or 2 went down and I said nothing.
Thanks men...I shall give it some more thought.
Rubb.

Thank fu-ck you've copped on , just forget them .. easy ..

Thank fu-ck you've copped on , just forget them .. easy ..

Lemme guess...that WAS the "sugar coated" version.
rofl.gif

Qwik and to the point...I love you man. :D
Rubb.

Back