Stuff I passed on the freeway.

WHAT??!!?
laugh.gif

Oh yeah....we have those here too.

Hit 180mph today so I guess I was having to avoid all the other slow bikes on the road!
smile.gif
Don't know if i'll do that again anytime soon.
wow.gif
AAAssjani.gif

I was following a Truck w/ Boat on trailer (about 75 mph), when his cooler lid in the back of the boat decided to take fight lessons. Thanks to swerving I avoided a pretty nasty disaster.
I never follow anything for any length of time . My friends dont like to ride with me because they say its a hassle trying to keep up . They just like to find a spot , an' cruise along .

LOSERS.

I tried it their way last summer . They picked a spot behind a pick-up truck that was full of household belongings (someone was moving) . A piece of thin particle board flew outa the back an' almost took my friend Brian's head off .

Happy cruising......NOT .

Its a fuggin Hayabusa , DO NOT FOLLOW......LEAD.

someone should teach that in a course or something...

hee hee hee...

hav a "shrapnel-free" day........RSD.

During today's 350 mile ride I had to dodge numerous animal carcasses on the road but also had a deer run across the road in front of the pickup truck in front of me just as I was setting him up to be passed. I'm glad I wasn't in a hurry to pass that guy. You're absolutely right about crap flying out of pickup trucks - one of my pet peeves. There was also one joker who had a lawn mower in the back of the truck with the handle hanging over the side of the truck by a good 3'. I passed that butthead with a wide berth. And then there was a shovel laying in the road that we fortunately missed - at high speed. Stuff to avoid everywhere!

Ouch. We need to teach the wildlife about road safety... Also, yesterday there was a stretch of road somewhere in the middle of the state where the birds were doing kamikazi dives all around us - just insane.

I've hit one thing in the road so far with my busa and it's a big manhole cover in front of the Ft. Washington Harley dealer in Maryland. From the state paving the road over it effectivly countersunk the manhole about 3 or 4 inches, all i heard was my front rim contact.

You know, the aluminum against pavement sound, it's as bad as fingernails on the chalkboard.

I've hit one thing in the road so far with my busa and it's a big manhole cover in front of the Ft. Washington Harley dealer in Maryland. From the state paving the road over it effectivly countersunk the manhole about 3 or 4 inches, all i heard was my front rim contact.

You know, the aluminum against pavement sound, it's as bad as fingernails on the chalkboard.
Yikes!

Was your rim ok?

same stuff here....no changes. Except for the occasional foot-deep pothole.

The worse thing I hit on a bike was a raccoon.
sad.gif
The worse thing I have seen was an engine block.
wow.gif

an engine block? Isn't that kinda hard to not notice if it fell from someone's truck?

that's interesting.....a leaf spring and an engine block.

I suppose a tire is not far behind....

Went for 1400klm cruise (round trip) Sat. and Sun. Nice days ,nice hiways, never seen the law until I returned home and had dropped it down to the posted limit. first day out I watched a car top carrier open up as i was getting ready to pass amazingly only thing that came close to me looked like one of the tie downs, friggen people should learn to secure there s$$t when there on the hiway.

first day out I watched a car top carrier open up as i  was getting  ready to pass amazingly only thing that came close to me looked like  one of the tie downs,  friggen people should learn to secure there s$$t when there on the hiway.
Forgot I saw one of those things also. It was the whole thing though.
Here are other things I have seen:
Sofa
mattress (a number of them)
pallets
chairs
truck bed liners
dryer
Christmas Trees
lots of boxes (I ran one over once that was full of foam. It exploded into a blizzard of white stuff and probably scared the life out of the poor lady that was behind me.
laugh.gif
)
very large plastic tarp
ROPE PEOPLE, USE ROPE They really need to crack down on loose loads.

things I saw today:
two tires (one with rim one just the tread part no sidewalls)
one crushed ladder
grass seed spreader
there was some thing else but I can't think of it.

One sad thing was a good looking Harley stuffed under a trailer. The guys bike came untied and before he had a chance to stop it fell off. He stopped but the bike didn't until it was under the trailer.
wow.gif

Back