GI Pro w/ATRE

meluvmybusa

Registered
Those of you that have the GIPro there are 4 setting to use.
- : Normal mode
4: 4th gear map is emulated
5: 5th gear is emulated (recommended for GSR1000 GSXR 1300)
6: 6th gear map is emulated

I'm thinking that I need to set it on 5 but is there a time that you use any of the other settings.

Mine is deactivated right now bt I still use the gear indicator function. I was using 5th gear map. I may go back to it this spring. Not sure why you'd want to use 4th or 6th on the Busa.
rock.gif

(monster @ Feb. 21 2007,14:02) Mine is deactivated right now bt I still use the gear indicator function.  I was using 5th gear map.  I may go back to it this spring.  Not sure why you'd want to use 4th or 6th on the Busa.  
rock.gif
Thanks, Monster.

It sounds like you ride with it in th "-" mode.  When do you use the "5" setting?

I have been suing the 5 setting since I bought the GI Pro, but it runs rich. I like how it smooths out the bottom end and I'm not one do do 180 mph so I don't care that it bypasses the top speed restrictor. Until I can get a power commandor with a good map I'll leave it in the - mode. I absolutly love the gear indicator and the fact that I no longer search for 7th gear so for that I couldn't live without it.

(monster @ Feb. 21 2007,14:31) I have been suing the 5 setting since I bought the GI Pro, but it runs rich.  I like how it smooths out the bottom end and I'm not one do do 180 mph so I don't care that it bypasses the top speed restrictor.  Until I can get a power commandor with a good map I'll leave it in the - mode.  I absolutly love the gear indicator and the fact that I no longer search for 7th gear so for that I couldn't live without it.
Monster,

I'm installing my tonight. Anything I need to look out for? The instuctions seem to lead me to think even I can do it...

(monster @ Feb. 21 2007,18:53) nope - 10 min install
I agree. I got mine the same time as Monster. One of the quickest and easiest mods you can do. I love it. I set my to the 5th gear mode, and I've never changed it. Runs nice--and now I'm addicted to the gear position indicator. Can't ride without it!

5th gear option. don't want to get caught try'n to switch it on the fly. It turns off when in N

Use the 6th gear map unless you really have a need to go over 186 mph on a regular basis. Using 5th gear map KILLS the fuel economy and will also not give you full possible timing advance.

Use the 6th gear map and just change it if there are any ZX14's around.

Thanks everyone for the reply. I will install tonight. I didn't get a chance yesterday. However, in reading the install instructions it looks like you have to have the kickstand up in order to start the bike. Is this true? This is a major concern in terms of warming up the bike...

(meluvmybusa @ Feb. 22 2007,09:04) Thanks everyone for the reply.  I will install tonight.  I didn't get a chance yesterday.  However, in reading the install instructions it looks like you have to have the kickstand up in order to start the bike.  Is this true?   This is a major concern in terms of warming up the bike...
not true, the bike will run on the kickstand.

(monster @ Feb. 22 2007,06:06)
(meluvmybusa @ Feb. 22 2007,09:04) Thanks everyone for the reply.  I will install tonight.  I didn't get a chance yesterday.  However, in reading the install instructions it looks like you have to have the kickstand up in order to start the bike.  Is this true?   This is a major concern in terms of warming up the bike...
Thanks, Monster. When you installed yours, was the velcro enough to keep it in place?

I will take pictures tonight after the install.
race.gif

(meluvmybusa @ Feb. 22 2007,09:50)
(monster @ Feb. 22 2007,06:06)
Thanks, Monster.  When you installed yours, was the velcro enough to keep it in place?

I will take pictures tonight after the install.  
race.gif
it sure was.  More then enough in fact I cut it into 3 pieces so it would be more evenly tight if that makes any sense at all  
crazy.gif

5th gear,I love mine...velcro will hold it fine as long as its not 20 degrees in your garage when you install it..mine wouldnt stick until i turned the propane heaters on and warmed up the garage

(monster @ Feb. 22 2007,09:06)
As long as the bike is not in gear. If it is in gear, it will not run...clutch in or out.

Back