FOR ALL YOU "TRE" BASHERS OUT THERE

SANDFLEA85

Registered
jUST INSTALLED GIPRO GEAR INDICATOR w/TRE!!...took all of 15min.it has 4 settings. 4th gear map,5th gear and 6th gear map and stock map (not really a map as in pc map but they refer to it as a map) set it to 5th gear map and it fools the computer to believing it is in 5th gear at all times...let me tell you,the diffence is very noticeable,the throttle is so so sensitive and smooth now,cant vouch for the 186mph governor being deactivated but I am extremely pleased with the money I spent....just wanted to throw that out there for anyone considering it.

another happy customer. congrats. where's the pics?
rock.gif

it's one of my favorite mods thus far. easy install and smooths out shifting. haven't checked out the top end yet, but I'm try'n LOL

gipro.jpg

(Saxoplay @ Feb. 16 2007,08:58) where/how can I get one of these??
I believe a couple of board sponsors have em. I picked mine up from www.calsportbike.com

(rockadaous @ Feb. 16 2007,09:07)
(Saxoplay @ Feb. 16 2007,08:58) where/how can I get one of these??
I believe a couple of board sponsors have em.  I picked mine up from www.calsportbike.com
Ask for Kim when you call, tell her you're an org member.  
beerchug.gif

I installed mine 3000 miles ago.  I love it and couldn't live without it.

DSCF0002-1.jpg

I had the small white TRE on my 04'. All i got from that thing was a hard starting bike. I guess there might be a difference between the small ones and the bigger versions after all.

Gave mine away....started out great, smoothed the beastie out...ended up running slobbery rich. Pipes turned black and sooty as an old diesel rabbit. Anyone riding behind me said the raw gas fumes would about choke them out. Jerked it, pipes back to chocolate brown again.

(moondog @ Feb. 16 2007,09:01) Gave mine away....started out great, smoothed the beastie out...ended up running slobbery rich. Pipes turned black and sooty as an old diesel rabbit. Anyone riding behind me said the raw gas fumes would about choke them out. Jerked it, pipes back to chocolate brown again.
That has me thinking. I've always run the 6th gear map ('99, no limiter). It definitely smooths it out for slower, city driving, but it has always run rich.

Probably look at re-mapping it whenever I finish the bike. Not much incentive, though, since I went back to bone-stock a few years ago.
rock.gif

That's another reason my 04' was hard to start, it was running rich.

Same deal, i yanked it and the bike went back to normal.

I have a GIPro on order. I did have an Ivan's smart TRE. My bike ran rich as well. I believe that can be solved with a custom map.

Don

I have an Ivan smart TRE and a PCIIIR. OnceI got my custom map, it ran beautifully.

What's the deal with the GIPro? Difference?
rock.gif
Is it only the gear indicator?

(DEVLDOG @ Feb. 16 2007,08:39) jUST INSTALLED GIPRO GEAR INDICATOR w/TRE!!...took all of 15min.it has 4 settings. 4th gear map,5th gear and 6th gear map and stock map (not really a map as in pc map but they refer to it as a map) set it to 5th gear map and it fools the computer to believing it is in 5th gear at all times...let me tell you,the diffence is very noticeable,the throttle is so so sensitive and smooth now,cant vouch for the 186mph governor being deactivated but I am extremely pleased with the money I spent....just wanted to throw that out there for anyone considering it.
So- does it run rich or not....

(Okibusa @ Feb. 16 2007,11:45) I have an Ivan smart TRE and a PCIIIR. OnceI got my custom map, it ran beautifully.

rock.gif
The GI PRO has an automatic TRE. When the bike is in neutral it switches off.

(Okibusa @ Feb. 16 2007,11:45) I have an Ivan smart TRE and a PCIIIR. OnceI got my custom map, it ran beautifully.

rock.gif
specs straight from the web site

* Advanced "smart" TRE automatically switches off when bike is in neutral means smoother idle and less engine heat
* Can be set for 4th, 5th or 6th gear map (or disabled) at the touch of a button
* Auto brightness control: the sensitivity can be even fine tuned
* Can be set for 5th or 6th gear map at the touch of a button for compatibility with ALL Suzuki models!
* Always indicates the selected gear. It's not like others which don't work when the clutch is pulled in
* Selected gears are shown instantly with NO LAG
* True plug-n-go...Installation takes only 10 minutes on most models
* Auto Stand-by: when ignition is turned off, unit enters into low power mode and consumes 3mA only (less than a LED)
* In TRE mode the bike's top speed limiter is disabled and throttle response is better in 1st through 4th gear
* Auto Learn function: Unit is pre-programmed to suit most Suzuki bikes. However, if needed, the unit Learns the gear positions automatically. This ensures compatibility with all Suzuki EFI bikes
* Robust design: waterproof housing; Flash memory (non-volatile) to store user settings; in case of connection or power failure, the TRE mode reverts back to Normal operation

Back