Gi pro tre problem

Seanc24

Registered
I have just recently installed a GI Pro TRE and I am having problems with the unit recognizing 5th and 6th gears.
Has anyone had this problem? I have reset the unit a number of times, tried to teach/learn the gears and it still will not recognize 5th or 6th gear. It will always stop at 4th gear.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

how do you know it stops?

you mean the gear indicator part stop working?

<!--EDIT|fstbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154345856 -->

rock.gif
rock.gif

rock.gif

Just got mine Friday, but w/ family in town had no time to install it.

I would recheck your installation and if you come across a question take a picture and ask it here.

fstbusa - what I meant by "stops" was that it only recognized up to 4th gear, never 5th or 6th. Once I teach it 4th gear and it askes me for 5th gear the "L" will stay on and it will not recognize 5th. I can't get past this.

Any ideas? Anyone?

probably defective... just give them a call and see about a replacement...

Did you buy your Busa new or used?  If it's used, could there be some hard wired TRE that would be using a 4th gear resistor?  

I wouldn't think so, but who knows what people install on their bikes in the name of PERFORMANCE.

I'd ping the guys who make it and see what they say.
www.healtech-electronics.com

<!--EDIT|Juggler
Reason for Edit: "URL was screwed up."|1154362051 -->

FYI, Problem solved.
I spliced into the GPS wire when installing a speed healer.

Rewired the speed healer and the GI Pro works like a charm.

the speedo healer is PNP .... how did you 'splice' into it?
rock.gif

many of us have speedo healers... just wondering why you had an issue... before I go to install mine.

I just got mine installed. It works flawlessly from the get go. No problems whatsoever. The only mini complaint I have is the size of the display with the limited room on the busa dash. I will be researching any 7 segment LED display available as a film or soft pad form that I can install inside the center of the RPM indicator. If I can do that it would be SHWEEEEETTTT! but so far no luck on the required display.

The display position is easy. I put mine in the lower 1/4 of the tach face- the position the needle never goes. There is room between the odo and the rpm scale. Perfect visibility from any riding position.

Back