FOR ALL YOU "TRE" BASHERS OUT THERE

OH no.....please dont get JohnnyCheese started!
wow.gif

(guido4512 @ Feb. 16 2007,08:50)
(DEVLDOG @ Feb. 16 2007,08:39) jUST INSTALLED GIPRO GEAR INDICATOR w/TRE!!...took all of 15min.it has 4 settings. 4th gear map,5th gear and 6th gear map and stock map (not really a map as in pc map but they refer to it as a map) set it to 5th gear map and it fools the computer to believing it is in 5th gear at all times...let me tell you,the diffence is very noticeable,the throttle is so so sensitive and smooth now,cant vouch for the 186mph governor being deactivated but I am extremely pleased with the money I spent....just wanted to throw that out there for anyone considering it.
So- does it run rich or not....
my bike is 10% FAT anyway,custom map set up for NOS

(monster @ Feb. 16 2007,06:31)
(rockadaous @ Feb. 16 2007,09:07)
(Saxoplay @ Feb. 16 2007,08:58) where/how can I get one of these??
I believe a couple of board sponsors have em.  I picked mine up from www.calsportbike.com
Ask for Kim when you call, tell her you're an org member.  
beerchug.gif

I installed mine 3000 miles ago.  I love it and couldn't live without it.

DSCF0002-1.jpg
mine is in the exact same spot,cant post a pic because Im on a work computer,home pc has been with the "geek squad" for a month now..I could have fixed it faster myself??

(brendanp @ Feb. 16 2007,08:46) You couldn't pay me to run a TRE
Me neither !!!!!!!

No TRE here......

Got a 6.8 ohm resistor kicking around if needed though.
muscle.gif

I don't look at my gauges ever anyways, so I certainly don't need a TRE with a display to tell me what gear I am in.

I still know how to count pretty well so I can keep track of my gear selection 99% of the time.

I just need to stop looking for that 7th grear.
race.gif

(moondog @ Feb. 16 2007,23:01) Gave mine away....started out great, smoothed the beastie out...ended up running slobbery rich. Pipes turned black and sooty as an old diesel rabbit. Anyone riding behind me said the raw gas fumes would about choke them out.
+1

That's why a "typical" TRE only works well if you're in top gear all the time running top speed.

The TRE will put you in a 5th gear map all the time. Remember 5th and 6th have "more Fuel" being added to compensate for RAM AIR. So you're lower gears at lower speeds which do not utilize RAM AIR are going go experience "smoothness" b/c you're running WAY RICH.

But I like the product the thread starter has. The fact that you can switch it back to "stock mapping" is awesome b/c you can use that for your normal commutes, then switch to the 5th gear "map" if you wanna go ballz out top end crazy.

When I had my old Busa, I had Johnny Cheese's GPS (gear position sensor) Mod. Basically it's stock mapping for all gears except for 6th, which emulates the 5th gear mapping and no restriction. I bit more work to pull out the clutch to put it in but TOTALLY WORTH IT IN THE END.

(cougar694u @ Feb. 16 2007,12:08)
(DEVLDOG @ Feb. 16 2007,12:43)
(dadofthree @ Feb. 16 2007,10:39) What's a TRE
rock.gif
TIMING RETARD ELIMINATOR
The whole "what's a TRE" is an ongoing joke, not sure if you picked up on it...
YEAH,i GOT IT BUT ITS NOT PRONOUNCED "TREE" AS REFERED IN ALL THE STUPID JOKES,IT'S MORE LIKE UNO,DOS TRE'S,SO..WHATEVER.FACT IS IT DOES WHAT IT IS SUPPOSED TO DO,LIKE IT OR NOT.iM LIKEING IT RIGHT NOW

(DEVLDOG @ Feb. 16 2007,17:47)
rock.gif
TIMING RETARD ELIMINATOR
YEAH,i GOT IT BUT ITS NOT PRONOUNCED "TREE" AS REFERED IN ALL THE STUPID JOKES,IT'S MORE LIKE UNO,DOS TRE'S,SO..WHATEVER.FACT IS IT DOES WHAT IT IS SUPPOSED TO DO,LIKE IT OR NOT.iM LIKEING IT RIGHT NOW
TREE -TRAY you say TOMAYTO I say TOMOTTO...
laugh.gif

gesturing_20tree.jpg

LOVE my GIpro! Throttle response is hands down better than with the pcIIIr alone! Don't run excessively rich but since I'm adding the juice soon it would be desirable if it was just a bit on the rich side. Every other Busa rider that has ever ridden mine always remark how nice and responsive my throttle is compared to theirs. IMO, You can't go wrong with it.
As for being able to count up... that's great until you start playing. It makes it just that much easier.

(Hy_Rolr @ Feb. 16 2007,14:59)
(DEVLDOG @ Feb. 16 2007,17:47)
rock.gif
TIMING RETARD ELIMINATOR
TREE -TRAY you say TOMAYTO I say TOMOTTO...
laugh.gif
I always thought it was pronounced shrub!
tounge.gif

Just send your ecu to Frank at powerhouse and he can do the same thing with ecu editor and it will have the same ridability as stock just with better timing tables.$60 well worth it.

Back