Getting off the street

wedgester

Registered
As alot of you know I just did my first track day and I loved it so much I cant wait to do it again sept 2 06. One thing ive come realize is that at least for me I will never be able to enjoy myself on the street like I can at the track and im close to Chicago so its not like I have great scenes to look at from mother nature (GOD). After reading all the wrecks this year was just wondering to the other people who have Dragged raced or Road raced there bikes do U ever think of getting off the street and away from cagers. I know you can get hurt at the track but for me if I cut a corner to hard I just go in the grass no guardrail or gravel to worry about,No cops,No cars and if I do lose it I have the best chance in the world to be ok due to wearing all the gear. Sorry so long have just been thinking alot about the street and I know I would miss it but not sure if its worth the risk anymore.

your first day track nervana wears off after a few months.... but it sure is fun! Yes, after my first track day, I seriously considered trading in my favorite cycle in the whole wide world, my Hayabusa. But I KNEW how costly track riding would be: trailer, parts, tires, more tires, then some tires, so I stuck with the busa and stunn everyone taking it to the track. stkr loved track so much he traded and got a track bike.

people underestimate how sweet track riding is compared to street. I am so much more "boring" on the streets now. track is REALLY what we all WANT to do on our bikes, and pretend to ALMOST succeed at on public roads.... but we don't even come close. The surface and freedom is just not there.

Follow your heart and do what you want to. The cost trade off is different. Your track funds come from: less gas wasted riding around town, insurance... who would insure a TRACK BIKE? ?
biggrin.gif
... etc etc if you wnat to track, you'll find the money. And there is a really cool new group of people to hang with... friends and competition one in the same, same guy that laps you enjoys talking about it and helping you get better showing you the lines, giving experience tips about tires, suspension etc... GREAT group, just like people here, but faster ;)

I street ride less and less the more track days I go to. Many others do that too.

STREET RIDING IS ONLY HALF THE BANANA SPLIT! I would much rather loose it on the track then the street anyday. I'v offroaded twice now and ALMOST offroaded 3 other times, but I didn't go down... if that was the street, ONCE would have finished off my beautiful Busa for good.

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154999429 -->

ready.JPG

BTW the scrapage on my left fairing is a 10mph parking lot "issue", not a track wreck

never been to the track

I'd like to take one of those riding courses in the near future.

Thats it. I'm making a corn pic for all you Iowa Bashers ;) Just you wait...

After my 1st trackday last November, I am officially a track junkie. Am I done riding fast on the street?

Most will tell you I still smoke in the mountains, but I am here to tell you I have backed my pace down on the street. There are too many variables I cannot control.

The skills learned in ONE track day are more that I learned in 16+ years of street riding. Use the skills you learn on the track to make you a smoother street rider.

Have never done a track day, but if I were to go that route, and wish to do so one day, I would keep the Busa and look to buy a used, mechanically sound, 600-750 cc bike w/ scratched fairings, etc. for track use only. It would likely get put down sometime during track days and I'm not willing to do that w/ the Busa.

My .02

The skills learned in ONE track day are more that I learned in 16+ years of street riding.
Agreed!

and that is KEY! I've only been riding for about 6 years, but I learned and FELT more in one track day than I could EVER Learn on streets. The cost for THAT kind of instance experience is not calculatable

I agree im looking for a GSXR750 as we speak
Just don't concern yourself w/ aesthetics or fairings at all for that matter...if you find the right bike get some separate scratched up/used plastics. Hopefully you can find one w/out working head lights, passenger seat, etc. to get a better deal.

Let us know what you find and post pics.

I was considering parting with my Busa cause i felt like i wanted a different type of motorcycle. Maybe this is what i need. I've been wanting to get a V-twin sportbike and a RC51 would do nicely for trackdays. Hmmm.

Guys, i sell the Hotbodies racing bodywork. Hit me up for some pricing if you need some.

I was considering parting with my Busa cause i felt like i wanted a different type of motorcycle. Maybe this is what i need. I've been wanting to get a V-twin sportbike and a RC51 would do nicely for trackdays. Hmmm.
RC-51 would be my preference as well. Only read great things about it as a track bike and great low end TQ.

I thought about RC51 also but I have talked to alot of people and most say the 750 is a better choice. Hell the slipper clutch alone costs 1000 to put one on any bike and its stk on the GSXR. Personel pref I guess.

Back