Fast Street Cars

My DD for 4 years and weekly track beater.....

Best Turbo pass: 12.2x
Best Nitrous/Turbo pass:11.5x

DSC_0102.jpg

100_0943.jpg

Sold my baby about a year and a half ago. Blown 01 Bullitt. Ran 10.60's @ 130 right off the street. Aod trans, leather power seats, radio/cd. True street car(passed va state inspection). I thought the busa would fill the gap, but threads like this make me miss it even more:unhappy:
Really like the blue color.My 99 GT was a v2sq charged @10 psi. with 4.10's didnt run 10's but was a comfy street ride.Everything worked.I kinda babied it at the track after breaking an axle. Then went to all 31 spline stuff.Then traded her off for another stang.
mustang016small.jpg

Blowerinstall003.jpg

Here is one that I helped run for a few years...basic wrench / pack the chutes...no tuning. On a good run it was low 6's either fast or cazr tire shake. Track prep was a big factor...or lack of us setting up the hit from the clutch...it was fun while it lasted...he wants to sell the car / eng now.

IMG_2211.JPG

IMG_2212.JPG

your slicks are on the wrong end:poke: :laugh:

Lol you have no idea how many dirty looks I got when I rolled up next to guys with slicks on the front and skinnies on the back. Sounded mean on the 2-step too :laugh:

The best looks I got was when I was going 1.6x 60ft's past all the RWD V8 guys and trapping low/mid 120's. My favorite thing about my SRT was the fact it was driven to the track every time. Just a quick tire change and ready to make passes.

Last edited:
Here is one that I helped run for a few years...basic wrench / pack the chutes...no tuning. On a good run it was low 6's either fast or cazr tire shake. Track prep was a big factor...or lack of us setting up the hit from the clutch...it was fun while it lasted...he wants to sell the car / eng now.

Love it!.We're getting into the What is considered a street car?Guess its really up to the person looking at it.I've had 2 cars that could've been put on the street,but big inch sbc's with big roller setups just wouldn't have lasted very long cruising around town.Guess that's why most are headed to turbo or charged.My 1968 Chevelle ss396 with a 422 was a cool ride,just didnt want to tear it up rolling around the streets.Same as my 71 vega,title, lights worked, just no wipers or muffs(did have slip on bullets for it but still too loud).
10112005.mp4 video by traysvega - Photobucket
MeVsMaro_0001.mp4 video by traysvega - Photobucket
F.mp4 video by traysvega - Photobucket

Love it!.We're getting into the What is considered a street car?Guess its really up to the person looking at it.I've had 2 cars that could've been put on the street,but big inch sbc's with big roller setups just wouldn't have lasted very long cruising around town.Guess that's why most are headed to turbo or charged.My 1968 Chevelle ss396 with a 422 was a cool ride,just didnt want to tear it up rolling around the streets.Same as my 71 vega,title, lights worked, just no wipers or muffs(did have slip on bullets for it but still too loud).
10112005.mp4 video by traysvega - Photobucket
MeVsMaro_0001.mp4 video by traysvega - Photobucket
F.mp4 video by traysvega - Photobucket
Very nice!
In VA my car had to pass a state inspection, Lights, Wipers, and even a defrost. I drove mine a lot and all of the motors had roller cams in them. My 572 had a 780 lift. Of course I had the best of everything back then and I kept a very close eye on it. My car ran mid 5's spinning in the 1/8 mile. I had more fun driving it on the street then racing it. I only ran it a few times with the big motor in it. I started with a 355 CI ran 10.20 in the 1/4 went to a 427 with nitrous ran 5.9 in 1/8. Broke it with the nitrous :laugh: then went to the blown 509 and then the 572 CI Never got the car to hook that good with that motor and ran the 5.6 It was so much fun to drive and all the looks and compliments I got was well worth every dime I spent. :cheerleader: Greens all over my face just remembering it all :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back