Who Rides Their Drag Bike on The Street?

Who rides their drag bike on the street?

• I ride it often on the street.

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • Track bike only.

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GNBRETT

Registered
wondering who rides their drag bike on the street? and if so where do you guys feel an extended swing arm becomes counter productive? meaning that you will lose traction do to ur weight being too far from the rear tire on street pavement.

at the track its a no brainer since its prepped but on the street I have found that an extended swing arm can hurt performance do to tire spin. just wondering what you guys thought about it.

I am about a 5 inch stretch and I can corner pretty tight with no wheel spin but i will break loose pretty easy if i try.

wondering who rides their drag bike on the street? and if so where do you guys feel an extended swing arm becomes counter productive? meaning that you will lose traction do to ur weight being too far from the rear tire on street pavement.

at the track its a no brainer since its prepped but on the street I have found that an extended swing arm can hurt performance do to tire spin. just wondering what you guys thought about it.

I guess that would all the depend on the level of dragbike and how you intend to ride it on the public roads with other motorist:poke: ???

busa drag bike.jpg

rode with plenty of guys with stretched to really stretched and they never had a problem loosing traction but then again then didn't use traffic lights like the tree at the race track either :laugh:

busa drag bike.jpg

Oh man, here we go.

It's gonna go something like this with the comments.
"Extended arms are fine on the street"
"Yeah, if you don't want to turn"
"Why not add a wide tire to completely ruin your bike?"
"Hey I like my wide tire and extended arms are fine"
"You must not ride much as you don't know what your talking about"
"I'm new here, is stretching your bike bad?, If so, how long can I go before it affects handling?"
"Any extension effects handling, don't do it"
"Stretching is for non-riders"
"So, I'm a non-rider with my stretched bike even though I can out corner most people I ride with?"
"You took my comment wrong, I meant wanna be riders"
"I had a buddy who died from a stretched bike, the extension broke"
"Um, should I be worried that I bought a Busa already stretched?"
"No, you should be fine as long as you don't turn, Busa's don't handle anyways"
"Hey, my stretch bike turns fine!"
"You again? I told you stretched bikes don't turn"
"Have you ever rode a stretched bike?"
"No, but I heard how bad it was from a friend and he's a pro racer"
"But that's a pro racer, of course he won't like a stretched bike. We're talking about streetbikes NOT road racers."

Two hours of no comments go by.....

"How long can I stretch my bike?, I'm new to Busa's."
"Don't do it, my pro racer bud says it's bad juju"
"You and your road racer need to find another thread"
Admin: "Keep it clean guys, this is a family site!"
"Your right Cap, we'll behave"

Oh man, here we go.

It's gonna go something like this with the comments.
"Extended arms are fine on the street"
"Yeah, if you don't want to turn"
"Why not add a wide tire to completely ruin your bike?"
"Hey I like my wide tire and extended arms are fine"
"You must not ride much as you don't know what your talking about"
"I'm new here, is stretching your bike bad?, If so, how long can I go before it affects handling?"
"Any extension effects handling, don't do it"
"Stretching is for non-riders"
"So, I'm a non-rider with my stretched bike even though I can out corner most people I ride with?"
"You took my comment wrong, I meant wanna be riders"
"I had a buddy who died from a stretched bike, the extension broke"
"Um, should I be worried that I bought a Busa already stretched?"
"No, you should be fine as long as you don't turn, Busa's don't handle anyways"
"Hey, my stretch bike turns fine!"
"You again? I told you stretched bikes don't turn"
"Have you ever rode a stretched bike?"
"No, but I heard how bad it was from a friend and he's a pro racer"
"But that's a pro racer, of course he won't like a stretched bike. We're talking about streetbikes NOT road racers."

Two hours of no comments go by.....

"How long can I stretch my bike?, I'm new to Busa's."
"Don't do it, my pro racer bud says it's bad juju"
"You and your road racer need to find another thread"
Admin: "Keep it clean guys, this is a family site!"
"Your right Cap, we'll behave"

:poke: There are thousands of members here can we let them get a little ranting in to you hogging all the ranting to yourself:rofl:

yea, I hear ya on what really dictates a drag bike since thats a wide range of options. im really more concerned with what guys experiences are with stretched bikes where it starts to lose traction on the street as a result of the stretched arm. 4 inches, 6 inches, 8 inches, etc....

two of my buddies had theirs stretched to 6 inches and whined about not being able to get traction on their busa and went back to stock and stated they get better traction on the street do to their weight being centered closer over the rear tire.

just wondering what ur guys thoughts were on that theory.

I could really give a rats ass about handling since my bike is not built to handle. its build to go fast in a stright line period. ive had bikes that were built for handling and I find myself getting too close to cars around corners imagining im some GP racer or something :whistle: and since ppl text more then they talk these days I decided I would just stick to straight line acceleration vs. eating someones bumper around a corner. but thats just me.

I run a stage 1 turbo busa and it only breaks free when I get into boost, not to mention that I'm running a 12" over swingarm. It really all depends on how hard you twist the throttle...

yulp!! 9 over.......... just have to be careful on the street bc when i hit it hard it would slide the rear out.... hella fun and scary lol

58197_429181838386_508118386_5094918_4538619_n.jpg

I would be curious as well with track bike with aftermarket body work..no lights etc...front end way to low for curbs...would you even want to ride it on the street? The extra inches on the swing arm and added power over stock engine are handeling characteristcs to get accustomed to...have fun on the streets and push your envelope at a track...1/4 mile / road course...be safe and have fun

You have a Turbo, Im jealous and refuse to help you. :moon:

Mr. 1166 covered things pretty well. Myself, Im 7 over with a 240, it just spins when i goose it, thats its only trick, does it well tho

I have a turbo and race the bike regularly to the tune of 170 passes a year. I also ride it on the street to bike nights. Each year the engine I pull the engine and freshen it up.

The bike is 4" over and does spin on the street when the tire pressure is at 35 PSI. I have also had the bike on the Dragon's Tail.

That being said, I would not want to take it on an extended ride like I do with my Valkyrie. It is just not designed for that.

I use my busa for drag racing, and I ride on the street everyday, take it back and forth to work. But then again would my bike be classified as a "DRAG BIKE"? To some yes, to some no. Bike is in my sig.

To much of an open-ended question. The term "drag bike" is relative to the owner and/or other people that see it. I drag race my street bike

I go 8.8@166(for now lol)and i ride my busa on the street sometimes. Usually im on low boost on the street. I never really get on it enough to know if it just spins. I guess i just dont feel the need to rip like that on the street anymore. Im at +12". I have a 1k for the street.

Back