Street Outlaws

:laugh:

Those things are pieces of art for sure.Watched a video in their Shop Tour where they assembled one of their engines and ran it on the dyno which was pretty informative,especially the part where they were measuring the crank for bearings and said a mic could change as much as .002" throughout the day due to temperature change,etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a good show, I enjoy it. I was into fast cars before fast bikes and did my share of street racing years ago. The cars are definitely real but I am glad the "outlaw" street racing is staged. Why face the huge risks and consequences of being caught (or worse huting or killing somebody) street racing when you can actually enjoy the racing at a track where the environment is much safer?

met the guys from Street Outlaws, Farmtruck and Azn....real nice guys, but they didnt want any part of me. :rofl:

ZC6 - WoW_2015.jpg

That's awesome Skeche. Also last Monday they had docs street beast on the dyno. He made 1400hp with 3 stages of nitrous. Everybody thought that was a lot of HP so they aren't puttimg no 2000+ hp down on those streets.

That's awesome Skeche. Also last Monday they had docs street beast on the dyno. He made 1400hp with 3 stages of nitrous. Everybody thought that was a lot of HP so they aren't puttimg no 2000+ hp down on those streets.
its funny how ppl say its all staged lmao.... 1400 to the wheels on the street is anything but staged. ppl call it staged cause they actually close the street off to race. big fukn deal!

in the end its still the STREET and not the track so ppl can call it wat they want but wen them cars line up against each they all let it hang out and no one wants to lose.

one of the best track racers in the history of drag racing got beat on the street but I guess some think that was staged as well....:whistle:

When they street race around here they close the highway down get 4 or 5 races off then everyone is gone , this all happens at like 3 or 4 in the morning .

I'm totally hooked. I love everything except for the fake parts. Say what you want GNBRETT, I call it staged. Yeah, they're running on the street, but even in the "first" race there's more rubber on that road than in Goodyear's plant. I'm not gonna EVER say those guys are fast, their cars are F'n awesome! I just don't like the whole "cops are coming" or choose a spot that won't get attention crap. There's professional lighting up at the starting grid and most of the "road" Did you see the one with the street sweeper? Come on now....

But I do TOTALLY love the show, love the characters, love the cars, I'd totally hang with them.

On a side note, anyone else notice that the owner of the Sonoma hasn't been on all season? :dunno:

I like the show farm truck+his sidekick my favorite.
I noticed on news there was person might been 2 killed watching street car race recently in cali.
I also know contest of speed like worse tic u can get.

Just seen on TMZ that they are charging 1 of the street racers from Cali with murder. Supposedly he was involved in a street race with another car and that driver lost control and killed a few spectators. Even though he wasn't driving that car or lost control Cali law says ALL parties involved in illegal street races are held accountable..... So dude is locked up right now facing 30 years to life and 2 million dollar bail! :hide:

So I guess not all of this stuff is fake and staged.......

I'm friends with the guys from LMR, Daniel with the white and blue s10 blazer that was making the guys nervous in cash days last year, and I run in to chris (boosted gt) frequently. The only thing that is "staged" is shutting down the road, and some of the stuff farm truck and azn do.

The outcomes of races are real, wrecks are real, fights are real, cocky loudmouths are real and so on. Some of the test hits are actually done illegally. So yeah, it's the real deal for the most part.

And don't get hung up on docs dyno numbers. Remeber on the engine dyno it made 1200 just on motor. If he actually sprayed all 3 kits, they must of been on a dead bottle... These guys are grudge racers, they'll never come out clear as day and tell you what they actually make. For the same reason is why we have a saying here in Houston. There's "stock" and then there Houston stock. That's what you tell guys that want to know what you have. If you say Houston stock either their full of ****, or it's probably pretty reduculas. It's all street/grudge racing.

I'm friends with the guys from LMR, Daniel with the white and blue s10 blazer that was making the guys nervous in cash days last year, and I run in to chris (boosted gt) frequently. The only thing that is "staged" is shutting down the road, and some of the stuff farm truck and azn do.

The outcomes of races are real, wrecks are real, fights are real, cocky loudmouths are real and so on. Some of the test hits are actually done illegally. So yeah, it's the real deal for the most part.

And don't get hung up on docs dyno numbers. Remeber on the engine dyno it made 1200 just on motor. If he actually sprayed all 3 kits, they must of been on a dead bottle... These guys are grudge racers, they'll never come out clear as day and tell you what they actually make. For the same reason is why we have a saying here in Houston. There's "stock" and then there Houston stock. That's what you tell guys that want to know what you have. If you say Houston stock either their full of ****, or it's probably pretty reduculas. It's all street/grudge racing.

That s10 blazer was a bad mofo. I know most of these cars are making around 2,000hp but how much of that do you think they are actually using on the street?

Just seen on TMZ that they are charging 1 of the street racers from Cali with murder. Supposedly he was involved in a street race with another car and that driver lost control and killed a few spectators. Even though he wasn't driving that car or lost control Cali law says ALL parties involved in illegal street races are held accountable..... So dude is locked up right now facing 30 years to life and 2 million dollar bail! :hide:

So I guess not all of this stuff is fake and staged.......

https://autos.yahoo.com/news/famed-...-murder-after-deadly-l-a--race-184741858.html

I watch it regularly too but then I used to street race cars back in the 80's so it appeals to me on many levels. Back in my day, a street car that went into the 10's was a fast car, these days that's a german family sedan! :laugh:

I have to admit though, these cars are not street cars, they're full on race cars that happen to be playing on public roads. They're all trailered, none have license plates that I can see and slicks? Ha! No cop would let that slide... ask me how I know! :poke:

The show is obviously scripted. No one in the real world races with cameras present, and the fact that everyone on the show is known (as are their businesses) and filmed doing illegal activities, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what the real deal is. If you can get busted posting high-speed runs on the highway up on YouTube, these guys/gals would all be incarcerated by now.

Also, they always seem to be caught by the cops when testing, tuning and er, street cleaning yet on their big race night with dozens of trucks/trailers and massive stadium lighting, cops are no where to be found.

Whatever... it's better than American Chopper ever was! :thumbsup:

I watch it regularly too but then I used to street race cars back in the 80's so it appeals to me on many levels. Back in my day, a street car that went into the 10's was a fast car, these days that's a german family sedan! :laugh:

I have to admit though, these cars are not street cars, they're full on race cars that happen to be playing on public roads. They're all trailered, none have license plates that I can see and slicks? Ha! No cop would let that slide... ask me how I know! :poke:

The show is obviously scripted. No one in the real world races with cameras present, and the fact that everyone on the show is known (as are their businesses) and filmed doing illegal activities, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what the real deal is. If you can get busted posting high-speed runs on the highway up on YouTube, these guys/gals would all be incarcerated by now.

Also, they always seem to be caught by the cops when testing, tuning and er, street cleaning yet on their big race night with dozens of trucks/trailers and massive stadium lighting, cops are no where to be found.

Whatever... it's better than American Chopper ever was! :thumbsup:
first of all they are not street cars. not sure where u get that notion from. they are street raced not street cars. 2000 hp cars with a 6 sec tube chassis race certs are NOT street cars.

u think competitive street racing are daily driver cars? u seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of wat street racing is these days. its simply a race on a non prepped surface that isn't at the track. other then that they are the same cars u wud see at the race track except they are set up differently with power taken away.

ppl like you keep saying its scripted. the only thing ppl care about is the race between one car and another. THAT is not scripted. everyone out there wants to win. especially wen there is skin in the game. unless u think ppl like giving away thousands of $$$$ to competing racers.

the streets are closed which is why there are cameras there and why the cops are not busting them. you think they just drive down the highway and stop to shut of a main road then put up lights and cameras to film?

there is nothing illegal about closing a street and filming a race wen u have the proper permits to do so which they do. that is why cops are not busting them on race night. hard to believe ppl still think they just roll down the highway, race for an hour and wonder why the cops aren't there to break it up and or arrest ppl. ummmm little common sense here huh? its not rocket science....

first of all they are not street cars. not sure where u get that notion from. they are street raced not street cars. 2000 hp cars with a 6 sec tube chassis race certs are NOT street cars.

u think competitive street racing are daily driver cars? u seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of wat street racing is these days. its simply a race on a non prepped surface that isn't at the track. other then that they are the same cars u wud see at the race track except they are set up differently with power taken away.

ppl like you keep saying its scripted. the only thing ppl care about is the race between one car and another. THAT is not scripted. everyone out there wants to win. especially wen there is skin in the game. unless u think ppl like giving away thousands of $$$$ to competing racers.

the streets are closed which is why there are cameras there and why the cops are not busting them. you think they just drive down the highway and stop to shut of a main road then put up lights and cameras to film?

there is nothing illegal about closing a street and filming a race wen u have the proper permits to do so which they do. that is why cops are not busting them on race night. hard to believe ppl still think they just roll down the highway, race for an hour and wonder why the cops aren't there to break it up and or arrest ppl. ummmm little common sense here huh? its not rocket science....

That's all well and good but if they're not racing street cars then they're not street racing.

It's WWF for gearheads and I'm OK with that. :beerchug:

Back