No Prep outlaw drags, what class?

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
These TV dragsters seem to be the ‘run what u brung’ types but listening to one describe his car, a 55 Chevy, he said it had an 808ci motor with a four step nitrous system. Some have giant turbos, some with twin turbos. 808 cubic inches! Dayum, what class in the NHRA would these guys run in? Top Fuel is limited to 500ci. Pro Stock gassers run bigger motors but, four step nitrous?:crazy::laugh: They never show the ets or speeds but almost all of them utilize chutes.

Pro mod probably, if they were nhra cars. A lot of guys run outlaw tracks, the nhra has made a lot of enemies in grass roots drag racing honestly, and they're a bit slow on reacting to trends. Pro stock are 500 inch motors too, nitrous is illegal. The main difference in power output is fuel.

These TV dragsters seem to be the ‘run what u brung’ types but listening to one describe his car, a 55 Chevy, he said it had an 808ci motor with a four step nitrous system. Some have giant turbos, some with twin turbos. 808 cubic inches! Dayum, what class in the NHRA would these guys run in? Top Fuel is limited to 500ci. Pro Stock gassers run bigger motors but, four step nitrous?:crazy::laugh: They never show the ets or speeds but almost all of them utilize chutes.
Doesn't mean they have it figured out yet and expensive to do so. 4 kits of NO along with extra engine weight even if aluminum different suspension needs Trans to handle it. Very humbling to get beat by a smaller set up that dead on. Street Outlaws has a few guys with motors 800ci plus like Monza, Kye Kelly etc.

I know i have not been a drag racer for a very long time but 3600 Horsepower!!! .
Mind you i remember when a SS/A use to run 11's and now they are into the 8's which use to be Pro Stock times
how things change when you dont pay attention :)

These cars for no prep have their own class. Pretty much any size motor for nitrous and turbo motors are limited. Twin turbo are limited different from the single turbo. Larry Larson changed from twins to huge single. Since the rules allowed and he was the first to try the single. Birdman has now went single too. All the car's have the same tire size limit and I think they have to be steel roof and quarters.

These cars for no prep have their own class. Pretty much any size motor for nitrous and turbo motors are limited. Twin turbo are limited different from the single turbo. Larry Larson changed from twins to huge single. Since the rules allowed and he was the first to try the single. Birdman has now went single too. All the car's have the same tire size limit and I think they have to be steel roof and quarters.
In no prep the amount of power is secondary to power management I think. Just like x275 etc, the issue is getting the power to the ground in a way that it can be controlled. It's hard enough getting 2000 hp to stick through a big tire chassis on a prepped track....

In no prep the amount of power is secondary to power management I think .

Just like x275 etc, the issue is getting the power to the ground in a way that it can be controlled .

It is hard enough getting 2000 hp to stick through a big tire chassis on a prepped track . . .

In no prep the amount of power is secondary to power management I think. Just like x275 etc, the issue is getting the power to the ground in a way that it can be controlled. It's hard enough getting 2000 hp to stick through a big tire chassis on a prepped track....

Chassis and tune is what wins the race in no prep. But they do have limits on turbos and motor size. That's why some of the guys went single cause of the rules. Larry Larson said in a interview saying the rules allow him to run a massive single.

Chassis and tune is what wins the race in no prep .

But they do have limits on turbos and motor size .

That is why some of the guys went single cause of the rules .

Larry Larson said in a interview saying
the rules allow him to run a massive single .

Chassis and tune is what wins the race in no prep. But they do have limits on turbos and motor size. That's why some of the guys went single cause of the rules. Larry Larson said in a interview saying the rules allow him to run a massive single.
Gotcha. Larson is the man....

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/thre...a-turbo-hayabusa-anyone-in-or-near-ny.193143/

Does this thread grow all 5 haters ~^~ would think @GNBRETT was your #1 *

tenor.gif

Back