Trying to get a heads-up class for bikes started

Ludicrous Speed

Registered
I am in the process of trying to get a heads up deal going for bikes at my local track. It is nothing huge, and the payout is not a lot (for now) and I could use some input on the rules. Keep in mind, we are wanting to keep them simple and broad, for the time being. If we get enough bikes to warrant other classes and rules, than that is great. But for now, we are trying to KISS (Keep it simple, stupid)

The main thing I am trying to determine right now is what lengths to set the two lower classes. The first is aimed at the 600-750's, as there are a lot of them in the area. We are considering keeping them the stock length for all of that class at this point, to keep from scaring off some potential racers. How long is the typical 600 bike?

Same thing for the second class, geared towards the 900's, 1k's, Busa's and 14's. What length are most of these?? I know the smaller bikes are shorter, but how long are the Busa's and 14's. Around 59"??

Here are the classes that have been proposed so far:

800cc and under Street bike class
STILL WORKING ON LENGTH
NO power adders allowed
Internal engine mods allowed
Street tires (no slicks)
No wheelie bars
Hand clutches (No lockups or sliders)
OPTIONAL AT THIS POINT Must make the cruise with the rest of the cars (same cruise rules apply)
Internal engine mods OK
Must have functioning Headlight, tail light, signals, horn Current tags and insurance card (NO dealer tags)

801cc and up Street bike class
STILL WORKING ON LENGTH
1 power adder allowed
Air/electric shifter allowed
Internal engine mods allowed
Turbos must not be intercooled or Methanol/alcohol/water injected
must run DOT tires (no slicks)
No wheelie bars
Hand clutches (No lockups or sliders)
OPTIONAL AT THIS POINT Must make the cruise with the rest of the cars (same cruise rules apply)
Internal engine mods OK
Air shifters OK
Must have functioning Headlight, tail light, signals, horn Current tags and insurance card (NO dealer tags)

Outlaw Street bike class
Any CC allowed
Air/electric shifter allowed
Any power adder/adders allowed
Intercooled Turbos and water/methanol/alcohol injection ok
Any length swingarm allowed
Lock-up clutches allowed ( no sliders)
Must run DOT tires
Must have functioning Headlight, tail light, signals, horn, Current tags and insurance card (NO dealer tags)

The cruise deal is optional right now, and if no cruise then no plates, insurance and license required either

If anyone is interested in checking out the KOS series or the class, go to http://moparmatt.proboards91.com/index.cgi

What about all the 801+up bikes out there that aren't turbos or have power adders, aren't there more of those out there than not? If you're trying to keep it fun, you don't want those guys racing against power added, turbo, button shifted guys. Consider making the class similar to the sub 800cc guys for the big boys.

Just a thought.

That is why I threw these rules out there. To see what people suggested, and it looks like we will probably do the same thing with the bigger class and make it No adders also.

I would like to keep the Busas and the 14's with extensions and arms in the unlimited class, so I am leaning towards 59" for that class and about 56" for the smaller class....

Thanks for your input, anybody have any other suggestions??

lurk.gif
beerchug.gif

Back