I love me some NHRA.... Can Rubb sleep in your yard?

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
I have never had the priviledge of seeing NHRA up close and personal,just on my TV. Would kill to see it in person. The 2 closest tracks to me are, Pacific Raceways • Seattle, WA Aug 7-9 and The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway • Las Vegas, NV April 10-12.

Just watching the last race. Wow. Larry Dixon snapped his dragster in two. :snap:

I wanna see it live.... Can I sleep in your yard? :laugh:

RSD. :race:

Only if you bring your neighbors dope, understanding I'm over 2000 miles from either track :laugh:

Only if you bring your neighbors dope, understanding I'm over 2000 miles from either track :laugh:

You kill me dad.:rofl:
Seriously. :bowdown:

The NHRA was just in your neighborhood.

Guess my invite got lost in the fuggin' mail.

AGAIN.:banghead:

RSD.
March 27-29
zMAX Dragway • Charlotte, NC

Yep and I watched the Harley's go one two :banghead:

Race before your town....Karen Stoffer won...

....on Suzuki. :thumbsup:

RSD.

k.jpg

k1.jpg

k2.jpg

We should try and figure out a way to help support that team. They do it all on their own dime.

Rubb.

Well and most people realize how bent the NHRA rules are to allow Harley to compete.

My sons and I go to the NHRA event at Englishtown NJ, Toyota Nationals, every year in June since 1995. We ususally go for two days. It is the only professional racing where you can get very close to the cars and drivers in the pits. I enjoy learning about the cars from the crew members and drivers as much as watching the races. We always have a great time. Quite an experience to see the races in person. The amount of money it costs to feild a car in any of the top 4 classes is insane. Our favorite class is the ProMods, takes real driving skills to hanlde those cars. It is a dam shame the advantage given to the Harleys/Buells over the Suzuk and Kawi's. I talk to all the Suzuki teams and they just laugh at the "rules".

My sons and I go to the NHRA event at Englishtown NJ, Toyota Nationals, every year in June since 1995. We ususally go for two days. It is the only professional racing where you can get very close to the cars and drivers in the pits. I enjoy learning about the cars from the crew members and drivers as much as watching the races. We always have a great time. Quite an experience to see the races in person. The amount of money it costs to feild a car in any of the top 4 classes is insane. Our favorite class is the ProMods, takes real driving skills to hanlde those cars. It is a dam shame the advantage given to the Harleys/Buells over the Suzuk and Kawi's. I talk to all the Suzuki teams and they just laugh at the "rules".

I was not asking to be THE ENVY of your life and fun times...but thank you.

Nice write up RX...anybody catch that.... Write Up RX:rofl:

Rubb.

See. I want in on the action. :bowdown:

RSD.

I myself enjoy the build it yourself race it yourself guys, but most people go to the races to see the big names, and I must say they impress (but they have unlimited budgets too). There is absolutely nothing like a top fueler making a run. Unless you have seen it in person, it is hard to describe. Your body actually vibrates (TV does it no justice at all). The smell of nitromethane is like nothing I have ever experienced - burns your eyes and nose. You really have to have ear protection if you are up close. (I think your hearing would be permanently damaged). Even a pro stocker is nothing compared to a top fueler or a funny car. We have a nationally recognized in Topeka, Kansas Heartland

Back