Gen3 - couldn't be more disappointed

Waited 14 years and we end up with basically a dressed up Gen 2... same frame and engine... but less power and less range!!!

Yes it looks nice, the new brakes are a decent updgrade and the gadgets are OK, but WOW did they miss an opportunity by not giving us something all new.

I was expecting the fastest bike in a straight line after all this time!!! We just get a blinged up version of what we already have!!!!

I'm afraid Suzuki have lost their way. Re-freshing old stock just doesnt cut it anymore IMHO.. so sad!

I'll be going out and giving my Gen 2 a clean up and sticking with that... Gutted.. totally gutted... :(

J
Nailed it Bro. I sold my mint 3500 mile '12 limited a while ago thinking I would upgrade to a 2021. I bought it as a new left over in '13 for $13,000 out the door. I did get my money back though. Now that the new one is out I do think you will see dealers hot to unload the Gen 2's they still have in the crate.

The biggest disappointment I have is not only the price but lack of real weight reduction. That's free horse power, even leaving the motor unchanged. They should have gotten with the guys that did the new Gold Wing. They lost close to 100 lbs. and with a six cylinder motor and state of the art suspension. That's serious weight reduction and would have been money well spent.

I could careless about all the fancy electronics. One of the best things about the Hayabusa was the raw simplicity of the bike. Big motor, great aerodynamics, handling and reliability. Most owners could easily service it in the garage. Coming from a career in military aviation, I can tell you this will not be the case with all the interlocking electronic systems. I'll spend the money on something else...

Kawasaki always discontinues a model when upgrading...they are coming out with a ZX15,so 14 is stopping prod.
Any real data or a reliable source on this? I hope so, it would be great but everything I've seen shows big bore bikes aren't selling and probably going away. Especially with the amount of money Kawasaki has sunk in the H2 supercharger and development program and multiple models they are creating from it.

Nailed it Bro. I sold my mint 3500 mile '12 limited a while ago thinking I would upgrade to a 2021. I bought it as a new left over in '13 for $13,000 out the door. I did get my money back though. Now that the new one is out I do think you will see dealers hot to unload the Gen 2's they still have in the crate.

The biggest disappointment I have is not only the price but lack of real weight reduction. That's free horse power, even leaving the motor unchanged. They should have gotten with the guys that did the new Gold Wing. They lost close to 100 lbs. and with a six cylinder motor and state of the art suspension. That's serious weight reduction and would have been money well spent.

I could careless about all the fancy electronics. One of the best things about the Hayabusa was the raw simplicity of the bike. Big motor, great aerodynamics, handling and reliability. Most owners could easily service it in the garage. Coming from a career in military aviation, I can tell you this will not be the case with all the interlocking electronic systems. I'll spend the money on something else...
I don't disagree with you and wish they would have done more but you're comparing a completely different platform that base price is $23k and tops in the $33k range.

If the Busa was 400lbs and $30k dollars you'd buy it today?

I don't disagree with you and wish they would have done more but you're comparing a completely different platform that base price is $23k and tops in the $33k range.

If the Busa was 400lbs and $30k dollars you'd buy it today?
I think you are missing my point. I was using the Gold Wing as an example of what could be done. Spend the development money for the complex systems on things most experienced riders will use. I think you would come out even money.

I'm 65 and coming off many other brands of sport bikes. Why a Hayabusa? Performance, Comfort and simplicity of maintenance were the main selling features. I think their are a lot of older experienced riders that buy them and really don't need all the electronic aids...

A lot easier to lose 100 lbs from 900lbs bike then it is a 600lbs bike.

yes it is a reality only a few 2020 models left over in the UK , when they have gone they have gone

not Euro5 compliant and H2SX is the replacement here
maybe so but again the 2022 models are out and ive heard this going on 2 years now. but hey if there is a zx15 to replace it then thats also cool. I just like the larger platform of those bikes

i think US market may get the remaining, i would imagine there will not be another big CC ZX again due to emissions, they will stick with supercharging

People complaining about a $18k hyper bike is expensive, the performance for the price is insane bargain and if you pay msrp your a moron , find the deals, stop complaining and ride! Jesus bunch of old cry babies, yep I complained at first and did my research and realized it’s a lot of bike for the money!

People complaining about a $18k hyper bike is expensive, the performance for the price is insane bargain and if you pay msrp your a moron , find the deals, stop complaining and ride! Jesus bunch of old cry babies, yep I complained at first and did my research and realized it’s a lot of bike for the money!
Superlike....

In reality when all the Hayabusa generations are in stock form, the gen 3 will outperform them all in almost every way.

I am so happy that the Hayabusa is still on sale and has not been discontinued.Now a much safer bike to ride.Thanks to ALL the electronics..!!
I also am happy that it has not been discontinued, but what I also like is that it's not a safe bike to ride, especially the Gen1. My Gen1 would say "If you want to kill yourself, go 'rite ahead I won't stop you!" My '19 is a little more forgiving, but not by much! The Gen3 looks to be a great bike, it just has more of the things I'm not interested in and less of what I wanted out of the box.

Don't know why Kawasaki would spend time and money further developing a platform that was already out classed by the H2?
Its a different class...so it's not out performing it... Zx14 and new ZX15, are longer.... More comfortable platform, and I for one like that platform better for sport touring, than the h2

Its a different class...so it's not out performing it... Zx14 and new ZX15, are longer.... More comfortable platform, and I for one like that platform better for sport touring, than the h2
According to Kawasaki and a myriad of testers, the H2 is a hyperbike as well and Kawasaki says it replaces the ZX14R..I haven't seen anything about a ZX15 coming but have heard the ZX14R is being phased out.

That being said, I'd still rather push my Hayabusa out of gas than ride a Kawasaki.

Last edited:
I also am happy that it has not been discontinued, but what I also like is that it's not a safe bike to ride, especially the Gen1. My Gen1 would say "If you want to kill yourself, go 'rite ahead I won't stop you!" My '19 is a little more forgiving, but not by much! The Gen3 looks to be a great bike, it just has more of the things I'm not interested in and less of what I wanted out of the box.
I guess I'm not following you. You say the Gen 1 is not safe, how so? The Gen 2 is faster (unrestricted) and is arguably safer because of the ABS. Then you say the Gen 3 has more of the things you're not interested in? The Gen 3 has better aesthetics than the Gen 2 IMHO, but what it absolutely has over all previous Generation Hayabusas is safety features like TC, linked brakes, wheelie control, and such. So what exactly are you saying @Tenderfoot ?

Back