Hayabusa Owners Group

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gen3 - couldn't be more disappointed

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."...."Like taking a bazooka to a pistol range"..."Holy warp drive"...classic busa references. 4th gear for the win!

Last edited:
The H2 IS a hyper bike, the ZX14R IS discontinued and...there are NO reports of a ZX15
Until I see the ZX-14R is to be discontinued in the US, I'll assume it will be available for a few more years at least. Of course there aren't any reports of a ZX-15, there wasn't any reason for it until a few months ago. I don't think Kawasaki will let Suzuki walk away with the title after being ahead in the game for 10 years. The H2 isn't going to be a replacement for the ZX-14 or the busa so I think theyre's going to be a counterpunch. It might take a couple years though. People will still buy the 14R because it's cheaper and from what it looks like right now, not a lot less powerful than the Gen3 busa.

Until I see the ZX-14R is to be discontinued in the US, I'll assume it will be available for a few more years at least. Of course there aren't any reports of a ZX-15, there wasn't any reason for it until a few months ago. I don't think Kawasaki will let Suzuki walk away with the title after being ahead in the game for 10 years. The H2 isn't going to be a replacement for the ZX-14 or the busa so I think theyre's going to be a counterpunch. It might take a couple years though. People will still buy the 14R because it's cheaper and from what it looks like right now, not a lot less powerful than the Gen3 busa.
The ZX14R will sell in North America until they run out of stock and then it goes the way of the "Dodo" same as the gen 2 Hayabusa did. As they can't sell it in Europe, all the new bikes destined for there have probably been re-directed to places they can sell them.

Kawasaki seems to think the H2 is replacing the ZX14R although they are running into Euro 5 issues with that platform as well...

I personally don't think they have the appetite to be delving into the hyperbike market especially with many governments working on EV. Kawasaki might be working on an EV hyperbike.

It has yet to to be 100% proven the gen 3 Hayabusa will over take either an H2 or ZX14R so that title may still be in the hands of the big green machine.

It’s not always about fast ! To me she will always be the first and my last because it’s all about the ride !
A few hp is the reason I bought my Gen2 busa when I already owned a Gen1 ZX-14. After riding both, was it worth it?? yeah. I guess. I can feel the extra low end torque of the busa but as for speed, I can't go any faster on either one. I've been told the difference between the Gen1 ZX-14 the Gen2 ZX-14 is subtle so I imagine the difference between any busa and any ZX-14 is also subtle. With euro literbikes making over 200 hp, it's time the Japanese stepped up there game a little. I know the torque is where it's really at because I can experience that all the time on a busa or a ZX-14. I seldom ever hit the top end hp and especially not when riding the twisties where a liter bike would be more advantageous than a hyperbike even without the additional hp. I think I have to have the most powerful hyperbike before they're gone. They've been too big a part of my life to not drop the curtain when the fat lady sings the high note. :thumbsup:

It is not about numbers, it is about potential. To put the Gen 3 in today's emissions standards it has to be highly restricted. Put a full exhaust on both Gen 2 and Gen 3 and even without a proper ECU flash yet, Gen 3 is above Gen 2 in torque and power everywhere in the band. Top power of Gen3 is 4,5 PS and torque 6,3 Nm more than Gen2. Akrapovic figures ( Akrapovič) and (Akrapovič)

Put a DNA filter, and experience a 5 PS gain in midrange and 3 PS in top end. When the ECU gets unlocked Gen 3 can reach 200 PS RWHP. All that without the RAM air effect. Key word : potential.

And regarding the price, all these electronic gadgets and all those hours of testing have to be paid in today's cost. It is 2021, not 2008.

Furthermore a 200 HP literbike can't hold 300 Kph for long without rider fatigue. The difference of a track bike and a hyper tourer is just that.

It is not about numbers, it is about potential. To put the Gen 3 in today's emissions standards it has to be highly restricted. Put a full exhaust on both Gen 2 and Gen 3 and even without a proper ECU flash yet, Gen 3 is above Gen 2 in torque and power everywhere in the band. Top power of Gen3 is 4,5 PS and torque 6,3 Nm more than Gen2. Akrapovic figures ( Akrapovič) and (Akrapovič)

Put a DNA filter, and experience a 5 PS gain in midrange and 3 PS in top end. When the ECU gets unlocked Gen 3 can reach 200 PS RWHP. All that without the RAM air effect. Key word : potential.

And regarding the price, all these electronic gadgets and all those hours of testing have to be paid in today's cost. It is 2021, not 2008.

Furthermore a 200 HP literbike can't hold 300 Kph for long without rider fatigue. The difference of a track bike and a hyper tourer is just that.
The Hayabusa should have been named potential as each and every generation has been founded on the potential they hold within them.

We've had gen 2 bikes ( @c10 ) and RJ achieve these numbers with bolt-ons so we know it is possible on the other generations as well. Take a ZX14R for instance, it came out ready to dominate the market and did. Unless you go the "Megatron" route and strip almost everything off the bike to lighten it up, that 1340ccs will only get you so far...100cc more would have made a big difference, in an NA engine, displacement is king.

I don't know about anyone else but going over 300kms/hr isn't all that comfortable on the Hayabusa, I have a double bubble windshield and am not that tall yet still am not that comfy in a full tuck and can only hold that for so long.

...I might add, this isn't a "bash the gen 3" post, it is after all a Hayabusa and I am a fan of the Hayabusa platform....the gen 3 is what it is....a decent bike marginally better than what it replaced in the same manner that the gen 2 had with the gen 1.

The main takeaway is we are proud of our Hayabusas regardless of generation and it is the last of it's breed until the E bikes come along and take it's place.

Last edited:
I have no problem with the price, only that it's more than I want to spend, lol.
Emissions are the power issue.
For those that rode a stock gen2, then a pipe, filter, flash, and tune, it was a very nice and noticeable gain...the gen3 will be no different...other than it has more power to start with...and I'm still betting Alot more after the ecu is unlocked.

I just saw this

Screenshot_20211224-122044_Messages.jpg

I have no problem with the price, only that it's more than I want to spend, lol.
For those that rode a stock gen2, then a pipe, filter, flash, and tune, it was a very nice and noticeable gain...the gen3 will be no different...other than it has more power to start with...and I'm still betting Alot more after the ecu is unlocked.
As far as Suzuki is concerned it has less power on paper...they have shown the numbers from the factory and probably the same factory the other 2 generations were hatched and their numbers were right on the money.

It just has the power available at a different rev range. Is it choked out? Sure it is, was the gen 2 choked out, sure it was....not as choked out as the gen 3 and the hp/tq numbers reflect this.

I personally don't see the ECU being flashed as the holy grail of performance gains on this bike.

Either way, it is a good platform as it has been based on an already tried and trued platform.

Silliness..if you are a green fan, go buy green..they did a great job on this bike..period..I traded a 2020 h2 sx se+ for it..why? the green handled like sh*t, had 5 recalls in 5 mos..enough green for me.
The busa does, what the older ones did..just a bit better, with more toys, and a better riding position than the others..

Thats a win win..the busa is a legendary bike..period.

Dont like it, dont buy it.

IMG_3610.JPG

Silliness..if you are a green fan, go buy green..they did a great job on this bike..period..I traded a 2020 h2 sx se+ for it..why? the green handled like sh*t, had 5 recalls in 5 mos..enough green for me.
The busa does, what the older ones did..just a bit better, with more toys, and a better riding position than the others..

Thats a win win..the busa is a legendary bike..period.

Dont like it, dont buy it.

View attachment 1645299
Exactly, that's why so many other bike companies have survived so long because people like choices.....I've pretty much always owned Suzukis but I've ridden most of the others...each has it's merit, none, including the Suzukis are the end all of end alls....

The Hayabusa platform was designed to be modified....if we read almost every thread here on the gen 3, it is no different, people want Helibars and/or risers, exhausts, air filters, CF (or other) rims, seats, etc, etc.....

It's a great platform to play with. I'd ride one and be proud to do so.

I lived in Ano glafyada for 5 years

I’m still laughing at the price when V4R owners are spending $7,500 on just exhaust… :rofl:

I've owned both gen 1 and 2. I liked gen1 better than gen2. But the gen3 is by far better even w/o electronics. It's smoother, extremely flickable, and nimble like 1000. Love the running lights, signal lights. the paint job has sparkles everywhere, even on the side covers and mirror frame. The mufflers are the best looking ones out of all gen's and it's louder and has a throatier sound too. Is it worth $18k? Well, some gen1 go for $7k! Add the electronics, the bike is worth the $18k price. The cruise control and clutchless shifting are bosses and have changed the ride quality to the top. The cruise allows me to ride until the tank is empty and still feel good. Like all the other generations, the seat still numbs the back of the thigh, but that can be modified easily by unstapleing the back of the seat and removing the offensive piece of foam and restapleing.

I've owned both gen 1 and 2. I liked gen1 better than gen2. But the gen3 is by far better even w/o electronics. It's smoother, extremely flickable, and nimble like 1000. Love the running lights, signal lights. the paint job has sparkles everywhere, even on the side covers and mirror frame. The mufflers are the best looking ones out of all gen's and it's louder and has a throatier sound too. Is it worth $18k? Well, some gen1 go for $7k! Add the electronics, the bike is worth the $18k price. The cruise control and clutchless shifting are bosses and have changed the ride quality to the top. The cruise allows me to ride until the tank is empty and still feel good. Like all the other generations, the seat still numbs the back of the thigh, but that can be modified easily by unstapleing the back of the seat and removing the offensive piece of foam and restapleing.
What piece of foam are you removing from the seat??

The gen3 does Not have options, correct?
I know there were pre-order deals, and now the cowl is $250ish.
The gsxr1k has 3 models, but the Hayabusa is pick a color and that's it, right?
(not counting Suzuki or Dealer add-ons).
I'm going to check a gen3 out in person eventually, hopefully soon.

What piece of foam are you removing from the seat??
Ride the bike until your thigh gets numb. When you get home, get someone to mark on top of the seat the area that makes you numb. Remove the seat and staples on the back. Eyeball the marked area and trim the offensive piece of foam. Put the cover back on and staple with a cheap staple gun. Of course, you can't remove all the foam that makes you numb, but that little place under my thigh on the edge of the seat gets me. The rest of my butt is fine. Next time you ride, that area will no longer be there to make you numb. Simply stretch the cover where you removed the foam before doing the staple. There will be an indention there and the seat will support your butt all the same. There is some guy that does it. Send him your seat and he will do what I said here and charge you $200. It's too easy to do yourself, man, no big deal,

likewise...copy that!

Top Bottom