Gen2 208 LED Tail Light

RussellJ

Rick Rollin'
Registered
Alright, so finally here are the videos and pictures of the 208 LED tail light that I made from a clear alternatives tail light. Previous information can be found here:
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...0739-tail-light-project-complete-success.html

I, personally, do not think the camera did it justice. The running light brightness is not quite as bright as it looks in the videos. The tail light works perfect. I even took some daytime pictures so you can see how well it does during the day.

DSC08801.jpg

DSC08800.jpg

DSC08799.jpg

You did a nice job, thanks for providing videos for us all to see.

YOU DOUBT ME :spank:

My job is to do this kind of stuff :laugh:

haha nahhhh i was just wondering if you hit a hitch and it wasnt working and thats why you hadnt posted pics lol... and anyways you know ive got to mess with you.. life isnt fun if i dont

haha nahhhh i was just wondering if you hit a hitch and it wasnt working and thats why you hadnt posted pics lol... and anyways you know ive got to mess with you.. life isnt fun if i dont

Nah, it really just took me forever to get it done and then to get it on the bike. I had tested it on a DC power supply at my work so I knew it worked :laugh: I'm just poking right back at ya.

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

If this were easy, I would offer to do this but it just really takes a lot of labor to do

The problem is the tail light is getting hard to find. Clear Alternatives went out of business! I just called moto lume for stock on the tail light and the said six to eight weeks before they get stock. How long did it take you to modify the tail light board RussellJ?

The problem is the tail light is getting hard to find. Clear Alternatives went out of business! I just called moto lume for stock on the tail light and the said six to eight weeks before they get stock. How long did it take you to modify the tail light board RussellJ?

I got mine from extreme kempy. he seemed to have plenty in stock. Just to modify it took about an hour and a half. replacing all the LEDs is what took forever. You have to replace at least 100 of them because half of the 208 are yellow.

You need a comparison side by side to show how bright this is. Send it to me, and I'll make sure it gets done..:poke:

Back